Hacking WiiKey 2 is not working!!!!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 12,377
  • Replies 64
D

Deleted User

OP
Well i installed the wiikey 2 today (solderless) and well it wont let me boot up any games.
Not my originals, not my backups.
The only thing it loads up is the US (NTSC) configuration disk. nothing else works. Ive tried converting a Pal version of metroid to NTSC using regionfrii, but that too didnt work. Anybody have any any idea what i can do to fix this?

D

Deleted User

OP
EmperorOfCanada said:
I dunno. Is there actually firmware installed on it?
On the chip? then yes, when i inserted the disc it told me that i need to update the chips firmware, so it did.
On the wii? then yes it has 3.4E yet its still not reading Pal originals, and only loaded the NTSC version of the config disc....

D

Deleted User

OP
and how would i fix that?

Someone please help....

anybody want to help at all?

Well is there atleast anyway to use the modchip to load some sort of ios downgrader? I mean its not totally non-working, the NTSC config disc works..

sinkhead: merged, try not to triple post. thanks.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If the config disc works, your chip works.
Turn of the Region Free Option and try backups from your region. If this doesn't work you have either a bad dump, a bad burner, bad media, a dirty lense or more than one of these things.

D

Deleted User

OP
Slowking said:
If the config disc works, your chip works.
Turn of the Region Free Option and try backups from your region. If this doesn't work you have either a bad dump, a bad burner, bad media, a dirty lense or more than one of these things.
Tried that, and i know the discs work because i tried it on my friends wii. The config disc working means its not a dirty lens...doesnt it?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope config disc is just a small amount of code. It can run on anything. Games are a different story. And have yours and your friends Wii the same firmware? Could be that your backups are trucha signed.

D

Deleted User

OP
possibly.
I know the wii will read gamecube discs (burnt on a full sized dvd) as i just attempted to make a bootable HBC disc. Although it didnt install HBC it recognized the disc. Is there anyway of using this to run anyregionchaner thing again?
I would try but I'm running out of dvds and want confirmation before i use up 1 of the 3 that i have left...

memphisraynz

Trophies
XP
Country
By the sounds of it the wiikey 2 is set to NTSC, going off the fact that it will only load the NTSC config disc.
Iv never used a wiikey but there must be an option of the config disc to change the region of the wiikey back to PAL.

D

Deleted User

OP
memphisraynz said:
By the sounds of it the wiikey 2 is set to NTSC, going off the fact that it will only load the NTSC config disc.
Iv never used a wiikey but there must be an option of the config disc to change the region of the wiikey back to PAL.
nope no setting on the config disc that does so...

Is there anyway to load Homebrew using a modchip. Not necessarily the homebrew channel and not necessarily permanantly. Just load it, have it loaded up until you restart or turn off the wii.

bump...

pengekcs

Trophies
Website
nds.pengekcs.com
XP
Country
Hungary
There is an option in the config disc where you can set the region. Altough it says 'EUR' and 'USA' and 'JAP' instead of pal, ntsc, whatever. As far as I remember. I have installed a few of them already and they are one of the best chips for the wii at the moment (along with d2sun v3 ones).

So yes, check the region first, then use some compressed air or cleaning dvd to clean up your dvd drive. If it looks dirty.

If the config disc boots it means the chip is working properly (otherwise you could not do it).

I think what you did wrong is that you put in a PAL region disc (if your wii is NTSC - thus usa or vice versa) first right after installing the wiikey chip. As the chip is made in a way that it sets its region automatically from the first disc that is put into it - that is what could have happened to you.

Just use the config disc and change it back. By the way config disc works because it is a gameecube disc, and not a wii one (region might be used differently).

Hope it helps.

D

Deleted User

OP
pengekcs said:
There is an option in the config disc where you can set the region. Altough it says 'EUR' and 'USA' and 'JAP' instead of pal, ntsc, whatever.
Could you please link to this config disc that allows you to change region?
There is an option to turn region blocking on or off, but thats about it in terms of region coding...

D

Deleted User

OP
If i was to buy an NTSC wii game, would that make all this work?
Is there a free solution?

D

Deleted User

OP
I have tried the -
"Wiikey 2 Update/Config Combined Disc v1.2 - 'Asgard Core'" USA Region
one. It boots, but there is no option to change your region. It just has a region blocking option to allow/disallow playing of non-native regions. Yes, i have tried it both on and off, still won't load my originals..

Johnny_V

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see various options here.
1-Your wiikey is not correctly installed;
2-You have a defective chip/clip/both;
3-Bad soldering;
4-Fake chip/clip/both;
5-Bad installation;

Remove your wiikey, boot up the Wii without it, turn it off again (to clean the RAM), check if the solders on the chip and the clip are correctly done (not messing up with other solder points), make sure you have all the points correctly soldered (altough it may say 6-wires, installing with a clip requires all the points, don't ask why, it just works better, at least for me), install the chip on the Wii again, make sure the clip is correctly positioned on the circuit board (don't forget to put the safety sticker on the back of the wiikey and the card with the little hole on top of the wiikey), make sure that when re-assembling the drive you don't put much strees on the screws, leave them a little loose (stop turning when the screw hits the little rubber pads) after that turn the Wii on, insert a Wii game from your OWN REGION.
I guess that's all, it worked for me... not a problem until now.
Wiikey 2 + Wii-Clip v14, 100% flawless!

If this doesn't work you may have a defective chip/clip/both or a bad solder, return it and ask for a replacement.

Good luck

darrab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a solderless wiikey2 today and it was not straightforward!

It turns out that my D2B chipset needed some of the presoldering on the wiiclip undone for it would work. If I had known this would have save hours of work - I thought presolder would make it easier!

I found this on the wiiclip site:
Note: when you use V14 wii clip in DMS/D2A/D2B chipset, please remember CUT the "D","E","F","G" 4 lines, because these old chipset just need link 5 points total!

I dunno if this helps with your problems?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)