• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 12,380
  • Replies 64
D

Deleted User

OP
didnt work....
I tried getting the NTSC disc, extracting it, and swapping the .dol for the anyregionchanger .dol, although the wii DID recognize the disc, it just black screened when i started it.

Link00y

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For region free and related, WiiKey v2 reads the region of the first inserted disc.. if that was a NTSC disc then you pretty much installed it incorrectly. You might be helped if you just upgrade the firmware (although you probably already have the newest). That might reset all settings: then insert a PAL original first. Then it should set its own region to EUR.

D

Deleted User

OP
But my wii wont read PAL discs.....So i'll buy an NTSC disc and see if it reads that, if it doesnt.... off to nintendo it goes..

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Link00y said:
For region free and related, WiiKey v2 reads the region of the first inserted disc.. if that was a NTSC disc then you pretty much installed it incorrectly. You might be helped if you just upgrade the firmware (although you probably already have the newest). That might reset all settings: then insert a PAL original first. Then it should set its own region to EUR.
Thing is (or you mean updating the wiikey firmware, which I think you are) that updating the Wiis firmware doesn't change settings for the Wiikey which is where he screwed up his settings
wink.gif

QUOTEdidnt work....
I tried getting the NTSC disc, extracting it, and swapping the .dol for the anyregionchanger .dol, although the wii DID recognize the disc, it just black screened when i started it.
That's not what I meant for you to do
wink.gif
. I meant that you could try to change the region via region flag patching the disc. As you say you CAN start the NTSC disc, you could try to:

1. download the PAL region changer / any region changer PAL version
2. Patch it so that it is flagged NTSC (with something like this I think: here, AFAIK that simply changes 1 byte of a header).
3. Try inserting it into ur Wii and see if it boots. If it does then set ur settings to the proper PAL.

If that don't work you can also STILL remove the WiiKey from your Wii, run the twilight hack to install the HBC again and go on from there (use the any region doll via SD card).

D

Deleted User

OP
Scorpei said:
1. download the PAL region changer / any region changer PAL version
2. Patch it so that it is flagged NTSC (with something like this I think: here, AFAIK that simply changes 1 byte of a header).
3. Try inserting it into ur Wii and see if it boots. If it does then set ur settings to the proper PAL.

If that don't work you can also STILL remove the WiiKey from your Wii, run the twilight hack to install the HBC again and go on from there (use the any region doll via SD card).
Is there an iso for that? all i can find is the .dol files.
and even after removing the wiikey, it wont run Pal games....

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
keep the wiikey2 installed, make a backup of your pal zelda, patch it to ntsc, install hbc using ntsc/u twilight hack, use any region changer to make your wii pal again.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
and even after removing the wiikey, it wont run Pal games....
Screemer said:
keep the wiikey2 installed, make a backup of your pal zelda, patch it to ntsc, install hbc using ntsc/u twilight hack, use any region changer to make your wii pal again.
Okay so he honestly changed his Wiis region :S? If so then your suggestion sounds like it should work provided his WiiKey doesn't patch his ISOs back to PAL
tongue.gif
. Else his best bet is to get a compatible NTSC version of Twilight Princess and take out the WiiKey, then run the twilighthack USA and change his Wii (or his WiiKey to NTSC ofcourse).

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so are we saying his chip is identifying everything as PAL, but his sysmenu wants NTSC?

cause if that's the case, he's gonna have to turn off Region-Free on his chip too before he can run TP....then everything Screemer said should all work.

by the way, nice job being a dumbass (just in this context) who formats off-region, your lucky you don't have a full brick...never format again.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
His WiiKey2 is working just fine.

Unfortunately he did exactly what it says NOT to do with AnyRegionChanger:
"If you change the GAME ("Game Region") settings, you may no longer be able to boot discs! Make sure you have the Homebrew Channel installed so you can change it back!"

His Wii is region confused and since he deleted the HBC it can't be changed back. Unless someone can think of a way to run AnyRegionChanger or get HBC back on a machine that is at 3.4 and can't boot Wii discs, it looks like it's time to send it back to Nintendo.

D

Deleted User

OP
Lazycus said:
His WiiKey2 is working just fine.

Unfortunately he did exactly what it says NOT to do with AnyRegionChanger:
"If you change the GAME ("Game Region") settings, you may no longer be able to boot discs! Make sure you have the Homebrew Channel installed so you can change it back!"

His Wii is region confused and since he deleted the HBC it can't be changed back. Unless someone can think of a way to run AnyRegionChanger or get HBC back on a machine that is at 3.4 and can't boot Wii discs, it looks like it's time to send it back to Nintendo.

Is that not able to boot ANY discs, or just discs from your original region?

D

Deleted User

OP
Anyone able to reply?
I'm about to buy an NTSC game and just need some info wether it will not load ANY games, or will just load games from the region you set it too?

D

Deleted User

OP
Somebody? please bid ends in 30 minutes and i need to know if i should buy it or just send it to nintendo??

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
noobwarrior7 said:
screemer pretty much solved your problem, and I added one final note...dont know what else youre looking for.
It would be nice if the problem was properly described, regardless though with the info here the problem should be solvable indeed. Damn gbatemp is full these days....

D

Deleted User

OP
The thing is, i think you guys misunderstood the problem...let me re-explain.

Using homebrew channel i used regionchanger to change my wii to NTSC (i had a backup of wii music that was NTSC and thought i had to do this to play it). I then had to use a backup loader to load even original games.
I tried changing it back, but i got errors. So i formatted my wiis memory, that only removed backup loader and hombrew etc., but disc channel still didnt load games.
So i updated to 3.4 hoping that would override anything, again...nothing.
So i bought a wiikey, hoping that its region free coding would allow me to play Pal games again, but for that to work you need to insert an original game from your own region.
So i bought an NTSC game and are waiting for it to ship now....

Theres the problem..

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k I got it...here are your problems:

newer one
-your chip is telling your wii that every disc is PAL....your Wii System Menu is wanting only NTSC.
...had you still had the launcher (or the hbc) you could fix this easily...but you don't so you cant. never format.

older one
-when you switched regions, you managed to get a "fixed" IOS 35 (and possibly others) because they have been replaced on the server, so you will need to downgrader using a_running_pir8's method, especially now that you're on 3.4

solution:
-the ntsc TP disc you ordered, plus remove your chip, then run TP-hack, downgrade FIRST, then SWITCH back

reinstall chip (you could just swap drives to make it easier, but you need a partner).

and never format again. and never change regions again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)