OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
Hell Hibou has released a new version of his Homebrew Launcher for the WII:

Wii Homebrew Launcher is an interface similar to that of the Wii menu. It allows you to start homebrew stored on your SD card in the Wii front SD slot. Each program is represented by its own customizable "channel".

You can use Wii Homebrew Launcher for launch a ROM with a emulator. A patched version of RIN is include in the ZIP file. Copy the content of "SD" directory in the root of your SD card. Put yours GameBoy ROMS into /EMULATOR/RIN/ROMS/ directory. Optionnally you can create a .bmp or .png file with the same name of the rom file (just change the extension) of 132x95 pixels.

Here is an updated version of my loader. On the program, a loader chains Region Free and some corrections. Over the function back to loader is finally functional.

Changelog:

Fixed a bug in the translation of names to
Compatibility with homebrew has been improving
The function of returning to work correctly loader
Some internal changes
Adding a loader string 'Region free (without using code Nintendo). It may be that this channel does not appear if the security patch is installed IOS56
Using the language of the Wii for messages (English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Dutch), it is still possible to use the file for translation LANG.INI
The search for homebrew on DVD is no longer made to boot, but when a 'Refersh' (by pressing (1) or (Z)). This allows for faster boot loader
Compiling with the latest version of libogc, it contains a patch for use maps SDHD but has not been tested.
DOWNLOAD>>>

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for notifying us
smile.gif

the translation is a bit broken so i assume you used online translation services.

This isn't a direct translation but a rewording into better english.

Changelog:

Fixed a bug in the name translation.
Homebrew compatibility has improved.
The return to loader function is working correctly.
Some internal changes.
Added a 'Region free' loader string (without using Nintendo's code).
It's possible that this channel does not appear if the IOS56 security update is installed.
Uses the language setting of the Wii by default (English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Dutch), but it is still possible to use the LANG.INI file for translation.
Searching for homebrew on DVD is no longer done on boot, but instead on 'Refresh' (by pressing (1) or (Z)). This allows for faster booting.
Compiled with the latest version of libogc, so it contains a patch for SDHC usage, but this has not been tested.

This has some great improvements. The change in DVD searching is a big relief because it really slowed down the last version if you had a disk in the drive but didn't want to read from it.

If i have time tomorrow night and no-one else has written the news up, ill post it.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Cithalo said:
Hmm, to update the HBC, i'll have to do all the Twilight Hack thing again?
No you don't! HBC can be updated by launching a doll installer (from SD card) or by updating through the online internal updater.

BUT THIS RELEASE ISN'T THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL!

Zell4123

Trophies
Website
wiigen.fr
XP
Country
France
Excuse me for my poor english, but this loader can load homebrews from USB device or from DVDs, so it's "better" than the Homebrew Channel.
rolleyes.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Zell4123 said:
Excuse me for my poor english, but this loader can load homebrews from USB device or from DVDs, so it's "better" than the Homebrew Channel.
rolleyes.gif

Hehe. It's up to personal preference!

I don't really like it quite as much as HBC (due to GUI and nicer feel).
But i love the rest of the features (including USB and DVD support), so i keep and use both channels on my wii
smile.gif

Zell4123

Trophies
Website
wiigen.fr
XP
Country
France
Yes, it is true that I have also both.

This program was especially essential for francophone's people in the beginning, especially because it was the first loader in French, you know ?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting to know.
I think it is useful for all languages now though.

Unfortunately not that many English people are using it
frown.gif

Look at this topic, only 4 people post in it and one person thought it was HBC lol!

Of course i know it is more popular among the french communities
smile.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an old version of this, cant remember which, think I will go back to have a little looksy
smile.gif

Well looks good, can't seem to get the smb share working tho, prob missed sumin.

The themes are a great idea, this is really, really customisable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1