DIXES

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
The game, Sigma Harmonics, in this rom included 2 files, data.cpk and sound_data.sdat .

How to extract the .cpk file ? It seems to be possible, because it has translated into Chinese .

NetShira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after googling a bit I found you can download a program (FileMajik) from CRI (after registering to download the free version of their tool) and indeed the the FileMajik package (.msi) installs a tool to read the CPK file... the tool verifies that the CRI file is valid for Sigma.. so I think we can safely say this IS the format of the CPK files being used today in a few DS games. In fact, sales pages for this are available as FileMajik for the DS (http://www.cri-mw.co.jp/kr/products/filemajik_k/ds/product_filemajik_k.htm). The English site (http://www.cri-tools.com/) allows you to download a free version of FileMajik, which includes a few library files and a broken File Packer tool.

The CRI Packed File Maker tool loads Sigma's data.cpk file and shows 8651 sub-files compressed (quite a few were 0 bytes in length) within it but the filename information was stripped for space. As for extraction the packed file was intended to be treated like a file system (which doesn't need a "Work" area in memory to decompress from) and the download contains libs (cri_base_pc.lib and cri_file_system_pc.lib) as well as an example of a C++ program that reads a CPK file... which might be used to build an actually decompress/recompress tool usable for Translation.

NetShira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol.. ok forget my silliness.. the CRI Packed File Maker has a button to extract the files from the CPK archive to a directory.. (/sigh ok yah stupid oversight) in the upper right-hand corner.. Sigma extracted all it's files fine. Go ahead and try it guys/gals (maybe this'll help translations continue)

P.S. it looks like the decompressor isn't needed as the files are decompressed on ->Load (I just was not obtaining the correct number of bytes read).

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
I don't get it at all is there a decompressor called CRI Packed File Maker that can decompress CPK files?
Got that but I can't download the program from Middleware's site.
I signed up at their site to get an evaluation of their SDK, I hope I'll receive it within a week
biggrin.gif

NetShira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird I got their email within minutes..if you want pm me and I'll see about getting it to you if you still don't have the email (you get an email which allows you to create a cookie that then lets you get to the download for all 3 SDK's they offer. You want the last one (FileMajik).

Link00y

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Another good site is: http://hcs64.com/vgm_ripping.html

Download the utf_tab suite there.. it will most likely allow you to unpack the CPK files.. the outcome will be most likely AAX or ADX audio files which can be played back with in_vgmstream.. which you can get at http://hcs64.com/files/vgmstream/

in_vgmstream is a toolkit and a Winamp plugin to play audio files from various video games (including Mario Galaxy, Brawl, many Sonic games, whatever, blablabla (the list of supported formats is huge). If you have Winamp or if you're interested in using it, get it, the plugin is worth every KB of download - however you can also convert the files to .wav with the included test.exe - however, loops and such are lost then..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up