zincsterio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm looking to get a 4gb SDHC card for my Acekard 2. I'm wondering if you guys have recommendations for a reliable but not too expensive one. Does it need to be class 6 for all the games to run without slowdowns?

Thanks!

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
This is what I have and recommend
smile.gif

A-Data 4G

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've heard of pretty good things for A-Data. However, I've never used them myself though since I currently have a 8GB Sandisk.

Sorry for threadjack, however it is kinda relevant to the topic of this thread. Is the A-Data 8GB Class 6 good?

o RedSheLL x

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mrSmiles said:
eldhand said:
I did Buy a Sandisk 8gb micro sd class 2

Do you think it gonna work good at my acekard 2?

wondering this myself since i also ordered that microsd card, along with the ak2.1, though im not too worried about it since i already have a cyclods
That's what I have, but I have an RPG, it works PERFECT for me.

JDMEVOIXMR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an AK2 with a sd 8gb class 2. it takes a while to load games, is it worth it to upgrade to the Kingston Class 4 from DX?

CupNoodles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrSmiles said:
eldhand said:

wondering this myself since i also ordered that microsd card, along with the ak2.1, though im not too worried about it since i already have a cyclods

Just out of curiosity why did you guys buy a class 2 8gb for nearly $30 when you can get a class 6 8gb for $20.55?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...logy-_-20134483

(Not trying to sound like a dick or anything, I'm just curious if there are any differences)

Jundeezy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CupNoodles said:
mrSmiles said:
eldhand said:

Just out of curiosity why did you guys buy a class 2 8gb for nearly $30 when you can get a class 6 8gb for $20.55?

(Not trying to sound like a dick or anything, I'm just curious if there are any differences)

The $30 one is a MicroSD and the one you linked is a regular SD.

CupNoodles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jundeezy said:
CupNoodles said:
mrSmiles said:
eldhand said:

The $30 one is a MicroSD and the one you linked is a regular SD.

Ah, I feel dumb now. Ha, wasn't paying attention I guess.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A-data class 6 all the way. I've had both the 4 gig (gave to my brother) and currently the 8 gig versions. They're great:)

I will echo the question of why you buy a class 2 for 30$. My class 6 8 gig was only 30$ at newegg (it seems to vary between 30 and 35)

edit: link removed, it seems newegg is only selling the class 4 8 gig right now. But I did indeed order the class 6 8 gig from them. Weird.

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
A-data class 6 all the way. I've had both the 4 gig (gave to my brother) and currently the 8 gig versions. They're great:)

I will echo the question of why you buy a class 2 for 30$. My class 6 8 gig was only 30$ at newegg (it seems to vary between 30 and 35)

edit: link removed, it seems newegg is only selling the class 4 8 gig right now. But I did indeed order the class 6 8 gig from them. Weird.
do you have any cf_bench results for the 2 adatas?
The class 4 8gb sandisk and classs 4 8gb adata are said to be almost identical performancewise and the class 6 sandisk virtually the same as the class 4 - was wondering if that meant that the adata 8gb class 6 was also the same or whether it manages to be fast like the 4gb.

eldhand

Trophies
XP
Country
What is the difference between a class 2 and 6 is it when I start a game or what? Or is it when I put in a game? And one another question can I buy from Newegg If i Leav in sweden and what is the shipping and bill, and how do I pay? With Paypal?

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The speed determines how fast it can stream data. Videos for instance, tend to slow down a lot on slower cards.

Don't have a cf bench handy right now... next time I add games I'll do one:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night