zincsterio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm looking to get a 4gb SDHC card for my Acekard 2. I'm wondering if you guys have recommendations for a reliable but not too expensive one. Does it need to be class 6 for all the games to run without slowdowns?

Thanks!

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
This is what I have and recommend
smile.gif

A-Data 4G

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've heard of pretty good things for A-Data. However, I've never used them myself though since I currently have a 8GB Sandisk.

Sorry for threadjack, however it is kinda relevant to the topic of this thread. Is the A-Data 8GB Class 6 good?

o RedSheLL x

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mrSmiles said:
eldhand said:
I did Buy a Sandisk 8gb micro sd class 2

Do you think it gonna work good at my acekard 2?

wondering this myself since i also ordered that microsd card, along with the ak2.1, though im not too worried about it since i already have a cyclods
That's what I have, but I have an RPG, it works PERFECT for me.

JDMEVOIXMR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an AK2 with a sd 8gb class 2. it takes a while to load games, is it worth it to upgrade to the Kingston Class 4 from DX?

CupNoodles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrSmiles said:
eldhand said:

wondering this myself since i also ordered that microsd card, along with the ak2.1, though im not too worried about it since i already have a cyclods

Just out of curiosity why did you guys buy a class 2 8gb for nearly $30 when you can get a class 6 8gb for $20.55?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...logy-_-20134483

(Not trying to sound like a dick or anything, I'm just curious if there are any differences)

Jundeezy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CupNoodles said:
mrSmiles said:
eldhand said:

Just out of curiosity why did you guys buy a class 2 8gb for nearly $30 when you can get a class 6 8gb for $20.55?

(Not trying to sound like a dick or anything, I'm just curious if there are any differences)

The $30 one is a MicroSD and the one you linked is a regular SD.

CupNoodles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jundeezy said:
CupNoodles said:
mrSmiles said:
eldhand said:

The $30 one is a MicroSD and the one you linked is a regular SD.

Ah, I feel dumb now. Ha, wasn't paying attention I guess.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A-data class 6 all the way. I've had both the 4 gig (gave to my brother) and currently the 8 gig versions. They're great:)

I will echo the question of why you buy a class 2 for 30$. My class 6 8 gig was only 30$ at newegg (it seems to vary between 30 and 35)

edit: link removed, it seems newegg is only selling the class 4 8 gig right now. But I did indeed order the class 6 8 gig from them. Weird.

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
A-data class 6 all the way. I've had both the 4 gig (gave to my brother) and currently the 8 gig versions. They're great:)

I will echo the question of why you buy a class 2 for 30$. My class 6 8 gig was only 30$ at newegg (it seems to vary between 30 and 35)

edit: link removed, it seems newegg is only selling the class 4 8 gig right now. But I did indeed order the class 6 8 gig from them. Weird.
do you have any cf_bench results for the 2 adatas?
The class 4 8gb sandisk and classs 4 8gb adata are said to be almost identical performancewise and the class 6 sandisk virtually the same as the class 4 - was wondering if that meant that the adata 8gb class 6 was also the same or whether it manages to be fast like the 4gb.

eldhand

Trophies
XP
Country
What is the difference between a class 2 and 6 is it when I start a game or what? Or is it when I put in a game? And one another question can I buy from Newegg If i Leav in sweden and what is the shipping and bill, and how do I pay? With Paypal?

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The speed determines how fast it can stream data. Videos for instance, tend to slow down a lot on slower cards.

Don't have a cf bench handy right now... next time I add games I'll do one:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have discovered a hilarious corner of youtube. meme ASMR
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...