Hacking cutting a fat DS in half with a dremel (video)

kidkawaii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ha! hopefully, that video mention pulled people in. (RICK ROLLED!)
anyways, to the moderators, i have NO clue where this is supposed to go so feel free to move it the the correct forum.

im planning on cutting the piece of plastic sticking from my slot2 on my NDS fat with a dremel.
im trying to get the gba cards that came with my m3real to fit however they were designed with the DS lite in mind.

ive tried transplanting the chip inside [the lite cards] into a [fat] game case (yeah, that pong/space invaders WAS cheaper than blank/empty case) but no success. the chips vary in size and arent compatible with the screw positions.

i was wondering if anyone else has done this with success; or knows another method i havent tried?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, if I swapped a DS GBA slot with a GBASP slot...

Of course I think that would require a software modification, or homebrew...

rick rolling people will get you nowhere

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alex said:

rick rolling people will get you EVERYhere

fixed

goodness that sounds like a lot of work. but it does sound like a fun project.

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
alex said:

rick rolling people will get you EVERYwhere

fixed

goodness that sounds like a lot of work. but it does sound like a fun project.

Agreed. But I encourage you as you can probably make some great discovery. Some of the craziest stuff came from crazy ideas!

kidkawaii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BortzANATOR said:
alex said:

rick rolling people will get you EVERYwhere

fixed
^bahaha zing!

alright, boys. i see one of my NDS fats is on the line.
may as well document it as a tut.

whether this be a proper "how-to" or a "what-not-to-do" remains to be seen.

cheers.

edit:
figure if i have to call the gas company before i dig a pool.. - shit, might as well give nintendo a call LOL see how they like this idea. make sure im not cutting some vital wires or the battery..

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kidkawaii said:
...OR i can impatiently save the 4$ to buy a couple cans of strowbow; down the cider; and cut this bitch apart!
(wheres the add a vote button? LOL)
I vote you do it!

do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it

FaRReR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
playallday said:
kidkawaii said:
...OR i can impatiently save the 4$ to buy a couple cans of strowbow; down the cider; and cut this bitch apart!
(wheres the add a vote button? LOL)
I vote you do it!

do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it

I agree. Luckily the rickroll was removed before I saw it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill