cutting a fat DS in half with a dremel (video)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kidkawaii, Sep 30, 2008.

Sep 30, 2008
  1. kidkawaii
    OP

Newcomer kidkawaii Member

Canada
    ha! hopefully, that video mention pulled people in. (RICK ROLLED!)
    anyways, to the moderators, i have NO clue where this is supposed to go so feel free to move it the the correct forum.

im planning on cutting the piece of plastic sticking from my slot2 on my NDS fat with a dremel.
    im trying to get the gba cards that came with my m3real to fit however they were designed with the DS lite in mind.

ive tried transplanting the chip inside [the lite cards] into a [fat] game case (yeah, that pong/space invaders WAS cheaper than blank/empty case) but no success. the chips vary in size and arent compatible with the screw positions.

i was wondering if anyone else has done this with success; or knows another method i havent tried?

2. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Hmm, if I swapped a DS GBA slot with a GBASP slot...

Of course I think that would require a software modification, or homebrew...

rick rolling people will get you nowhere

3. kidkawaii
    OP

Canada
    fuck. :\
    i really hope im not pioneering this technique.

i dont want to be the example for 'what not to do to your NDS'

4. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    fixed

goodness that sounds like a lot of work. but it does sound like a fun project.

5. matrix121391

Member matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Agreed. But I encourage you as you can probably make some great discovery. Some of the craziest stuff came from crazy ideas!

6. kidkawaii
    OP

Canada
    ^bahaha zing!

alright, boys. i see one of my NDS fats is on the line.
    may as well document it as a tut.

whether this be a proper "how-to" or a "what-not-to-do" remains to be seen.

cheers.

edit:
    figure if i have to call the gas company before i dig a pool.. - shit, might as well give nintendo a call LOL see how they like this idea. make sure im not cutting some vital wires or the battery..

7. kidkawaii
    OP

Canada
    how long has this thing been around: http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.ph...products_id=336 ?

dang. almost makes me want to spend the 4$ and wait the 2 weeks for it to get here *roll eyes*

...OR i can impatiently save the 4$ to buy a couple cans of strowbow; down the cider; and cut this bitch apart!
    (wheres the add a vote button? LOL)

8. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    I vote you do it!

do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it do-it

9. FaRReR

Member FaRReR GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I agree. Luckily the rickroll was removed before I saw it.

10. kidkawaii
    OP

Canada