Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
DSbible 2.5
World English translation + more
dsbible.png

GBAtemp member Jeremysr has just released an update to his bible viewing homebrew. This new version adds the World English and French translations of the bible as well as a large number of browsing improvements.

Jeremysr said:
Some main features:

- 4 Bible translations: World English Bible, Bible in Basic English, King James Version, and Louis Second 1910 (French).
- Searching
- Looking up a verse
- Bookmarks
The changelog for version 2.5:

- Fixed all the flickering
- Scrolling can be done by dragging the stylus on the text (like Moonshell)
- DSbible now has a logo/icon/titlescreen (Thanks Josiah for creating it!)
- World English Bible translation included, which has paragraph breaks and footnotes
- Footnotes and verse numbers appear in orange text (footnotes appear inline with the text)
- "Back" and "Cancel" buttons implemented all over the program
- Fixed a bug that caused the program to freeze while starting up for some people (Thanks Sebastiaan Leenders for reporting this and helping me fix it!)
- "Louis Second 1910" French translation included, and DSbible itself has been translated to French (Thanks JMS for doing both these things!)
- Loading a book is almost instantaneous
- Holding the stylus on a button in the text viewer for half a second will display a popup describing what that button does
- Bible translations and translations of DSbible can be added and removed easily by adding files or removing the files in the 'translations' and 'lang' directories.
- Bookmarked verses and search terms in the text are now highlighted
- Many minor fixes and graphics improvements have been made
As always you can download it from the GBAtemp download centre below:

download.gif
 Download

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol all bible basher's will be pleased :-)

Nice to see so much homebrew lately though on the DS ,wonder if this app could be used with other books

paul

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
Use...ful?

To some people yes..i have to say i'm not massively impressed that people will bash a homebrew app,be it game,bible or otherwise simply because they don't think its any good..i personally applaud EVERYONE who makes a homebrew app simply for the reason that i am mightily impressed people are actually developing stuff for a platform that has no real SDK.
The bible is'nt my bag and does'nt concern my beliefs,but i applaud the author for putting his time and effort into something he believes in!

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AXYPB said:
Balrogs.Pain said:
The DS is a gaming machine! not a worshipping center for your god! >:(
Then how do you explain the KORG DS-10 and all of those language training programs?

Hail the almighty MS/DS-10!!!
bow.gif

QUOTE(jph @ Aug 18 2008, 01:58 PM)
seriously guys, tone it down on the offensive remarks.
if youve got nothing nice to say - dont say anything at all.
I'm quite happy to see these anti-religion remarks. Stuff of this nature should be kept off of a sane forum such as this. We don't need nutters starting wars on the internet as well as in real life because of their magical belief systems.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
^I feel a bit sorry for you that you're so offended by other people having beliefs.

If you don't like the bible or Christianity, why did you come into this thread in the first place? It must have only been to bag it out. That's not very civilised now is it?

M

multiboy2k

Ok. All foolishness and offensive remarks aside.

I actually have a suggestion for the maker of this wonderful program. Because of your work, I now take my Lite to church with me instead of lugging my Bible.
I appreciate what you have done so far. I just tried this version and i really like what you did with the font and it seems work much more smoothly.

But, could you PLEASE implement a way to take NOTES in this program? Many of us like to notate what the sermon is about while referring to scriptures.
I think that would make this already excellent app, PERFECT.

Thanks and God Bless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, hey thats my line +1