Not open for further replies.

Pasukaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have an old R4 myself for a few weeks. My friends also wanted one, so I went to the same online store and ordered two new ones. Well, I got it today, and to my surprise, it was a new SDHC-support version.

I put it in my DS to see if it would work and I immediatly saw "Loading...", without even having inserted the MicroSD card (regular 2GB). I then also plugged in the SD card and again, "Loading...". I tried my own R4 with an SD and got the message that the "SD/TF card couldn't be found". I tried my own SD card (which works fine on my R4) in the SDHC-version, but it still kept on "Loading...".

Then I tried the SECOND R4 SDHC, with the same problems!

Do you HAVE to use an SDHC card or something? Or are both my SDHC-cards just broken?

jak66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, most (all?) clones can only use decripted firmware, so if your using the official (encripted) firmware, it wont work AFAIK.

Pasukaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes! Thanks you both. Upon further inspection of the perfectly cloned boxart, I found a different website in the bottom: www.r4sdhc.com (instead of www.r4ds.cn). I used their firmware and it works.

Thanks again!
yaynds.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The fact that you've bought a R4 at this point really sickens me.

Also, the R4DS SDHC is nothing but a crappy clone. It can't even take the SDHC cards I hear. Nor will it have any updates of its own.

The only R4 clone that gets updates is the N5, which is known to blow fuses of the DS, thus making them bricked.

Don't get another R4. Get an Acekard 2 for 23 dollars. It does twice as more than a R4, while being cheaper than it.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ojsinnerz said:

Also, the R4DS SDHC is nothing but a crappy clone. It can't even take the SDHC cards I hear. Nor will it have any updates of its own.

The only R4 clone that gets updates is the N5, which is known to blow fuses of the DS, thus making them bricked.

Don't get another R4. Get an Acekard 2 for 23 dollars. It does twice as more than a R4, while being cheaper than it.
What he said. Getting an R4 is plain stupid now.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ferrariman said:
ojsinnerz said:

Seconded. My M3 Simply is dying and I gotta find a cheap, good flashcart fast.

Uruha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont you have to put files on ur microsd for it to work anyway?
its a clone yea it sucks, but it SHOULD work

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameSoulXIII said:
ferrariman said:
ojsinnerz said:

Seconded. My M3 Simply is dying and I gotta find a cheap, good flashcart fast.

He's a newbie, he didn't know any better, to know how many people fall for these clones just SICKEN me...

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always try backing up your MicroSD card and then reformatting it. I've heard it works for a lot of people having similar problems with other carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1