Hacking i formatted and fucked up my wii

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
damn

my wii was japan,semi bricked to pal (premodded with wiimagic 2.0)
i cant install any other systemmenu wads(ret=-1035)
i think because i fooled around with crediars hacks
i did something stupid and region changed to palthen formatted thinking it would clean up the nand and let me install the sysetmmenu wad for jap

and then fuck

after the initial settings, the homebrew channel was deleted,(damn totally forgot about that)

i cant fucking do anything, disc wont read even TP, i wanted to install the hbc again but TP cant boot up(it is usa version),,i was stuck with my 2 pal games, HP:OoP and super paper mario

now what im asking is if i could possibly install the channel from another method?
like can it be done by crashing the photo channel of some sort? or copying a .bin with the same ticket.cert and tmd files as a system channel or weather or forecast..or for somebody to make another version of TP hack but using super paper mario?

please help me,,i dont know what to do

i just need to install the hbc thats all

and i am planning to use the iso installer for pal,but i still need to save up for a burner/find one

help!!!!!

jan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yep they were working

my mod had region free but it was only working if i have the jap region on

maybe if i only had to desolder some things,my grandfather can take a look

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Real smart, jan.

You even read the post I made on the Starfall thread about restoring your settings before doing a downgrade.

I don't know why you didn't listen, but at least now people will understand how delicate the Wii's file system is.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
teq said:
Real smart, jan.

You even read the post I made on the Starfall thread about restoring your settings before doing a downgrade.

I don't know why you didn't listen, but at least now people will understand how delicate the Wii's file system is.
It's sad but true.

Didin't you see jan
"WARNING ALL CHANNELS EVEN THESE ON SD CARD CANNOT BE RESTORED"?

fly_us

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my case, the chip required to be resolder in order to read disc again after changed the system menu from Jap to US. If you cannot change ur system back to Jap, then obviously u need to change the mod chip region in to Pal. Not sure how to do it for your chip, google is the best friend.

jan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
teq said:
Real smart, jan.

hey, i restored it, i even installed another systemmenu-v290.wad (it was the only thing that can be installed, all others give out -1035) and i tried to boot up usa channels,and gc games didnt work cause all hacks were gone.

@skawo: i read it but forgot about the hbc

@fly_us : just resolder it? nothing to change? no booting up of region/config disc?

jan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wiimagic-strap.jpg

i found this

anyone wanna explain?

jan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i was about to type that

so that is it? just a simple bridging?

whoo.!

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
soonepoon said:
i wouldnt mess with my modchip if things can be easily fixed with a disc
How?
QUOTE(soonepoon @ Aug 11 2008, 10:33 AM) cant you just rent tp for like a day ?
Problably he can't.
wink.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to know, if i copy the homebrew channel to SD, can i copy it back (and will it still work?).

Am i right that it was disabled in later firmwares? (certain channels? trucha signed or something)

can i downgrade to an earlier firmware, copy to SD, format NAND, copy back and be prepared to get working again?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
OSW said:
I'd like to know, if i copy the homebrew channel to SD, can i copy it back (and will it still work?).

If this doesnt work in later firmware, can i downgrade to an earlier firmware, copy to SD, format NAND, copy back and be prepared to get working again?
You cannot copy channels stored on SD card after formatting, even the legit ones.

jan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
soonepoon said:
i wouldnt mess with my modchip if things can be easily fixed with a disc
cant you just rent tp for like a day ?
probably i cant
wink.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
OSW said:

If this doesnt work in later firmware, can i downgrade to an earlier firmware, copy to SD, format NAND, copy back and be prepared to get working again?
You cannot copy channels stored on SD card after formatting, even the legit ones.

ok thanks! i guess it must erase the tickets or something required to let u transfer it back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2