Limited edition Gold EDGE Kit give-away!

  • Thread starter Thread starter shaunj66
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 203,202
  • Replies Replies 983
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anakir said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Hey guys, um i spent a very long tyime before to make a r4 skin and now i have it on my ds but i am not sure how to make it into the edge , i wanted to ask the mods , can i participate with that r4 skin? , pls i spent a very long ttime making it...

Or any suggestions?

You can submit it as long as you made it I believe.. I don't think it matters as long it doesn't say R4 on it lol.

Yes thanks , i had made it a long time ago and it took me about 3 hours to get everything right and ready , will upload in a hour or 2 , right now i am watching Open Season 2!
 
I want to play too!!!!


DOWNLOAD


screen_shot_collage.png
 
Finally finished my entry. I was going to do a Pencil Paper one but then more and more similar entries started coming in and I wanted to be original.

I dont know. I thought my entry was creative. It's an actual level that can be downloaded online [well, soon anyway] and my idea was to create it so that it looks like that you're actually playing it but then you really aren't.

Here it is:
screen_shot_collage.png


And download links:
http://www.zshare.net/download/51263665f0cf8e8f/

MIRROR 1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3sjyz39st9g

Feedback would be great.

Alright. Thanks : ). Might fix it a bit tmrw but this is the basic idea of it.
 
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Anakir said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Hey guys, um i spent a very long tyime before to make a r4 skin and now i have it on my ds but i am not sure how to make it into the edge , i wanted to ask the mods , can i participate with that r4 skin? , pls i spent a very long ttime making it...

Or any suggestions?

You can submit it as long as you made it I believe.. I don't think it matters as long it doesn't say R4 on it lol.

Yes thanks , i had made it a long time ago and it took me about 3 hours to get everything right and ready , will upload in a hour or 2 , right now i am watching Open Season 2!
Wait, so do you want to enter an R4 skin or an Edge skin you made from an R4 one?
 
Here's my attempt at this.

Download

24qoj7q.png


I might edit it a little later today, but there it is for the most part, and with this entry I have proven that i fail at ascii art.
 
Atari 2600 VCS Inspired

Had this in the back of my head for a while now, thought this contest was the perfect time to try putting it together. I used various real-world textures where I could, including photo-stock of some nice wood paneling and a scanned in bit of leather jacket. The logo/lettering was a font I scoured Google for (because I knew someone had to have made one at some point), the rest was hand-done. I used the CycloDS previewer as I already had it on my rig and after comparing the previews the other tester generates I found I preferred the Cyclo's text & highlighter positioning (though I think the Edge skin tester is a bit more user-friendly.) Looks great on the DS (tested it on mine before uploading it); the switches slide up and down when activated, just like they did on the 2600; cheat icons simulate the pixel-look the Atari could generate: simple but effective (for the time)...ah 1982, where have you gone?
wink.gif


screenshotys4.png


DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CAPZH5KG
 
skyman747 said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Anakir said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Hey guys, um i spent a very long tyime before to make a r4 skin and now i have it on my ds but i am not sure how to make it into the edge , i wanted to ask the mods , can i participate with that r4 skin? , pls i spent a very long ttime making it...

Or any suggestions?

You can submit it as long as you made it I believe.. I don't think it matters as long it doesn't say R4 on it lol.

Yes thanks , i had made it a long time ago and it took me about 3 hours to get everything right and ready , will upload in a hour or 2 , right now i am watching Open Season 2!
Wait, so do you want to enter an R4 skin or an Edge skin you made from an R4 one?
well as long as its a skin that actually works on the EDGE cart it should be fine
if you are however submitting a R4 skin for the R4 cart only then that a no go...

this is an EDGE skin contest as the name suggests :0


also I love the ascii skin Hiromi
grog.gif
 
War said:
I don't think they're gonna go through all the themes in a DS because of time constraints.

Well, hopefully someone is collecting all the skins and putting them into a pack for review and the like.
I'm thinking I might do that myself incase no one else does.
Heck you could load them all onto a cart and review em in one sitting.
I think they have as much time to review them as they need anyway.

QUOTE(Hiromi @ Nov 13 2008, 12:33 AM) Here's my attempt at this.

Download

24qoj7q.png


I might edit it a little later today, but there it is for the most part, and with this entry I have proven that i fail at ascii art.

I was thinking about doing one of those but instead I did a monochrome PDA style sorta thing.
You pulled it off pretty well, I like it.
I'd prefer it in bright green personally but I like it.
Good job man and good luck in the contest.
 
Ok for some reason when ever i click on the download for the edge software thing it dosent let me download it , the page just loads and then nothing happens...

But i have done a try my -self..

The skin is call - Harry In the Hood!

And this is a little preview of it ..

16gh05u.png


Now i will upload the whole skin after i can download the software..

This was one of my most popular skins when i made it and got many clicks..
grog.gif


...i really want to enter this but the software isnt downloading

Can i do everything manualy and enter pls! i need permison..tell quick as its 10:30 here and my mum wants me to go to bed..
 
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Ok for some reason when ever i click on the download for the edge software thing it dosent let me download it , the page just loads and then nothing happens...

But i have done a try my -self..

The skin is call - Harry In the Hood!

And this is a little preview of it ..

16gh05u.png


Now i will upload the whole skin after i can download the software..

This was one of my most popular skins when i made it and got many clicks..
grog.gif


...i really want to enter this but the software isnt downloading

Can i do everything manualy and enter pls! i need permison..tell quick as its 10:30 here and my mum wants me to go to bed..

That's an R4 skin. It is NOT COMPATIBLE with the EDGE. You should try to convert it. However, you'll have to choose between the Harry background or the Voldemort Background, while still having to modify other things.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted