Hacking Help installing Hermes cIOS 222

natmanz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to install Hermes cIOS 222 that came with uloader 1.9, and I always get a -1017 error. My firmware is 4.0U, but I had HBC installed since 3.2 and I updated only using Waninkoko's firmware updater. I have cIOS 249 rev 13b installed okay, only the 222 installer gives an error. Any ideas on how I can get 222 installed?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
natmanz said:
I'm trying to install Hermes cIOS 222 that came with uloader 1.9, and I always get a -1017 error. My firmware is 4.0U, but I had HBC installed since 3.2 and I updated only using Waninkoko's firmware updater. I have cIOS 249 rev 13b installed okay, only the 222 installer gives an error. Any ideas on how I can get 222 installed?
Try Waninoko's cIOS downgrader, It will still leave you at system menu 4.0 but should alow you to install new items without the error.

EDIT: cIOS downgrader is wrong you need to install IOS downgrader - LINK

nicko68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried the cIOS downgrader. First, it makes you downgrade your firmware which is fine. I tried 3.3U and then 3.2U but still got the error when trying to install cIOS222. I ended up restoring my NAND so I'm back to where I was, 4.0.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry Nicko, I gave you a link for cIOS downgrader which does the entire firmware, the one I actually meant to use was IOS downgrader - LINK. This one should not affect you system menu at all. If that doesn't work the only other thing I can think of is to try deleting the 00000001 directory from your SD card

nicko68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mantis41 said:
Sorry Nicko, I gave you a link for cIOS downgrader which does the entire firmware, the one I actually meant to use was IOS downgrader - LINK. This one should not affect you system menu at all. If that doesn't work the only other thing I can think of is to try deleting the 00000001 directory from your SD card

Hey thanks, IOS Downgrader worked! Ran it, installed IOS37 and USB Loader cfg, and now my Rock Band guitar works. Thanks so much!

natmanz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mantis41 said:

Thanks, that worked perfectly!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: who's up for rating and showing some playlists? https://gbatemp.net/blogs/blog/playlist-rating.5153/