Why can't I see this on the sc website?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. They beat team Cyclops (I think)!

The problem is that I patched the rom itself, so I don't really have a use for this. I'll get it sometime soon, but I'll be backing up my save first (heard people who altered the game settings such as the save patch lost their progress).

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
It's great to see the Supercard team release a a "real" fix for Chrono Trigger first. I just wish they'd give a major update, which they haven't made in a while now.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
I patched my version with BelmontSlayer's patch and set my save type to 256kb in order to get the game to work on DS-One. If I get this update, will I lose my old save?
No, but you should back it up first just in case. The worst case scenario is that you'll need to pad the save file to make it the same size as the standard patch mode saves.

I wouldn't use the patched rom with this update if I were you. It might be okay, but this fix is for the clean rom.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
granville said:
I patched my version with BelmontSlayer's patch and set my save type to 256kb in order to get the game to work on DS-One. If I get this update, will I lose my old save?
No, but you should back it up first just in case. The worst case scenario is that you'll need to pad the save file to make it the same size as the standard patch mode saves.

I wouldn't use the patched rom with this update if I were you. It might be okay, but this fix is for the clean rom.
Thanks! Yes, I was going to use a clean rom, since apparently patching the rom changes the game ID or something.

EDIT: btw, should I need it, can you tell me what I need to pad a save file? I know DS-one saves are supposed to be like 512kb or something, but I don't know what software to use.

rasputin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ndsinfo.dat file has nothing to do with the fix. It's the new ndspatch.dat file that is needed, for SC slot-1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/amAULN7yJis?si=JWDANkaENVhXuLBd stay out of the water Psi