misterious

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Game name
Daikoukai Jidai IV: Rota Nova ( also known as Uncharted Water IV )

Release date
March 2, 2006

Game info
You could play as a trader, killing pirates or become a pirates. There are also treasure hunt and other feature. This game takes place in the whole world map of earth.
It is a strategy game, trader simulation.
I don't think this game will ever be released in USA, the only translated series is uncharted water I & II, uncharted water III and IV in pc version is never translated.

Screenshots
frontcover.gif

inside%20game.gif

( really hard to find the screenshots @_@ )
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/930295/50269 ( English translation in .txt files for psp though, but i think it almost the same )

This game is the next episode of Uncharted Water series. Uncharted water I and II is released in PC version and also Snes version, and it also translated into English. Unfortunately uncharted water III and IV is only released in japan version, and i think in Korea and Chinese version also exist. And then the IV is released for PSP and DS.

Sorry I cannot help in anything >..<
I could only give morale support
grog.gif

I hope someone will pick this game for a translation project ^^

Thank You Before ^^

Reactions: Ikari65

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a Chinese translation as I recall (which would be good to pull apart) and I also recall pulling apart the game for someone a quite a while back.

Can I also suggest Sea Trader - Rise of Taipan for the GBA (around 815 number wise).

misterious

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well i tried to find the patch for the Chinese translation, never found the patch @_@
but the game that are already patched could be found.

misterious

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I already tried opening the rom with dslazy

inside there is a lot of folder @_@ dont know where to begin with
there are :
- _pxl
- common
- data
- evstill
- FLS
- GRP
- Iseki
- testdata
- towngrp

@_@ i already tried reading " GBAtemp rom hacking documentation project (WIP) for GBA, DS, Gamecube and Wii "

Still dont understand anything and where to begin with @_@..
anyone could help ? @_@

CAW7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi misterious (and everyone else).
Just letting you know that I've made the decision to start translating Daikoukai Jidai 'Gaiden'.
If anyone is interested, please let me know on this thread =)

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi misterious (and everyone else).
Just letting you know that I've made the decision to start translating Daikoukai Jidai 'Gaiden'.
If anyone is interested, please let me know on this thread =)

Not familiar with that one, but I've played through all of the first campaign for Rota Nova. The DR version is superb because the bottom screen map and portability lend a itself to what is basically meant to be a PC game.

I'd love to give another crack at a translation, but the game is huge, and there are a few branching conversation paths that make it even harder.

oefarmy2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi CAW7. I am very much interested in the project. Have you made any progress? I haven't done any rom hacking, however I have some expertise in certain programming languages if you need help with some small task/or guidance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/gz90ppV7yfE?si=y1IdUB1kPvndhn5P