DS #4366: Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (Europe)

bloodbros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try it for 2 minutes on my Acekard 2 with AKAIO 1.5. No AP so far, game run smoothly. Reminds me of The Lord of the Rings: Conquest, except with guns.

Too bad Instant Action is only for wireless multiplayer, maybe the single player one will be unlock after finish the game?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn this thing takes ages to load up. And with two black screens while it's doing so. I thought it had an AP check for a moment there. And BloodBros, you can play Instant Action offline too against bots. Just choose 'host game' and while it's waiting for people to join, click on the tick and it'll allow you to play alone.

bloodbros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
Damn this thing takes ages to load up. And with two black screens while it's doing so. I thought it had an AP check for a moment there. And BloodBros, you can play Instant Action offline too against bots. Just choose 'host game' and while it's waiting for people to join, click on the tick and it'll allow you to play alone.

I see. Thanks for that Blaze163. I will give it a try tonight.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Initial impressions:

- controls will take some getting used to. Seems to take ages just to change which way I'm facing.
- the bots are impossible in IA
- the space battles fall badly short of what we were expecting. You don't seem to be able to go up or down. So you just fly in a circle, wait for a lock on and fire a missle. It's kinda boring.
- Learn to dodge roll, it will save your arse.

Overall, looks like it might be fun if I sink the time into it to learn the controls and get the hang of it, but for now it's one of those that will vanish from my card if anything superior comes along. It'll probably vanish once Band Hero finally makes an appearance. Where the hell has it got to, anyway?

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blaze163 said:
Initial impressions:

- controls will take some getting used to. Seems to take ages just to change which way I'm facing.
- the bots are impossible in IA
- the space battles fall badly short of what we were expecting. You don't seem to be able to go up or down. So you just fly in a circle, wait for a lock on and fire a missle. It's kinda boring.
- Learn to dodge roll, it will save your arse.

Overall, looks like it might be fun if I sink the time into it to learn the controls and get the hang of it, but for now it's one of those that will vanish from my card if anything superior comes along. It'll probably vanish once Band Hero finally makes an appearance. Where the hell has it got to, anyway?

Peppy told me to tell you to DO A BARREL ROLL!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda surprised by the lack of fanfare for this game. I know folks have come to expect little from LucasArts, but still, it's a Battlefront game on DS. I expected mad interest in it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
Kinda surprised by the lack of fanfare for this game. I know folks have come to expect little from LucasArts, but still, it's a Battlefront game on DS. I expected mad interest in it.

True dat.

Yet again, it's in the same week as COP, and COP did have pretty heft AP. It'll obviously get more buzz.

Anyway, impressions:

- It's not very much a Battlefront game. It's sorta like Smash TV with Star Wars characters, outside of some boss fights (which are classic TPS view)
- Flight sequences are disappointing. It's free movement, but you can't move up or down, so no epic maneuvers. Damn.
- The isometric shooting parts are decent, it's just not Battlefront-esque

Overall, it's not really a Battlefront game but it's decently fun.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Didn't realize this was out
ohmy.gif
Saw the trailer awhile back, looked pretty good, i'll give it a go i guess.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else noticing serious issues with the sound? At first, I got worried. I thought maybe the speakers on my DS were giving out on me, so I turned it off and started a different game. No, it was this particular game. I'm not sure how to describe it exactly, but there are some really atrocious audio artifacts that constantly come through the speakers while the music's playing.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
Is anyone else noticing serious issues with the sound? At first, I got worried. I thought maybe the speakers on my DS were giving out on me, so I turned it off and started a different game. No, it was this particular game. I'm not sure how to describe it exactly, but there are some really atrocious audio artifacts that constantly come through the speakers while the music's playing.

Like what? I just hear generic Star Wars music.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
irpacynot said:

I got that too. It's like a cross between a clicking and a buzzing noise, it's really irritating. I switched the system off and on again and it's not done it this time. Maybe a bad dump?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first time I wrote it to my card, it had crackling and generally messed up sound. I deleted the nds and re-wrote it, then it's been fine ever since.

Using a CycloDS 1.56b3

soheifox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel completely stupid... is there a way to make this work on an older R4DS using YSmenu and the TT firmware? Just seems to freeze up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry: