Xecuter Launches Mini SX Dedicated Website!

The ultimate solution for JAILBREAKING your Nintendo Switch has arrived!
SX_LAUNCH.jpg

It has been quiet for just over a week since the last been news from Team-Xecuter, but now they are back with nice new announcement for their upcoming SX Family of products, check it out below, it includes a new website, with pictures, etc.
We are proud to introduce our Xecuter SX dedicated 'mini' site. You can find it HERE.

This site is not meant to replace our Xecuter portal, but exists for the convenience of (future) SX (OS) users. On the mini-site you can find high resolution pictures of the SX Pro, screenshots of SX OS and our brand-new game selection menu and a basic usage guide.

The SX OS download is not available yet. It will be once we deliver the first licenses to our resellers on June 15th.
  • Activation of SX OS can be done through SX OS itself if you have WiFi configured on your Nintendo Switch.
  • If you don't have WiFi configured you will be able to retrieve your SX OS License through our website.
  • If you purchased SX OS only you will receive a "redeem code" that you need to enter (not needed for SX Pro users).
Finally, we'd like to address some more questions that we've seen a lot.
  • Q: Will Switch data such as savegames and updates be shared between the OFW and SX OS? Or are both systems separated?
    A:
    Yes, SX OS and the original Switch OS share savegames and update data.
  • Q: Is it possible to play games from a External Harddrive?
    Does SX allow us to use an external disk using the docking station or USB-C port?
    A:
    This is a possibility in the future, we've added it to our to do list. (thanks to all users for making it already a few pages long :)
  • Q: Can we expect cheat codes some day?
    A:
    Cheats has always been a priority for our us. And we've already started looking into it.
    It takes a while to make a decent and usable cheat system, your patience will be rewarded!
  • Q: There has been a wave of bans happening lately. Does that confirm we won't be able to play online with SX OS?
    A:
    There have indeed been a number of isolated ban incidents happening lately among some homebrew developers. The exact cause of these bans is not known as of yet.
    We are not aware of any bans due to SX OS usage. But be cautious and use online functionality at your own risk!
Thanks again to everyone who is supporting SX. We will keep you posted with updates.
And we hope this will make the wait until the official launch a bit easier for you!

Team-Xecuter, Rocking the Switch in 2018!
:arrow: Visit SX OFFICIAL SITE
:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: tiny extra bracket

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Go and learn about basic electronics

The capacitors are there to prove a once only charge to use the item

The best example I can think of a similar system you would have a chance to know of given your limited knowledge would be a Tazer device as used by law enforcement
You don't even know how the hack works, do you?
Please go away, dig a hole and lay inside it. And don't come back.
Oh well, gonna get banned anyway any second now.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok then Einstein

Explain to us all how the dongle works and where it get's it power source from then
You talkin bullcrap again stating that it needs to be powered after EVERY use
why are you so stupid
Of course it needs power from now and then, just like a pc or a smartphone that sends the payload would as well
then just charge it from time to time
you just make assumptions without being the least bit able to back them up
that's it I'll put you on ignore now, you're just a piece of crap trying to discourage people from buying the SX

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what's worse....a commercial modchip or the OP incorrectly referring to it as jailbreaking. Both are equally cringe worthy

Reactions: Pluupy

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure what's worse....a commercial modchip or the OP incorrectly referring to it as jailbreaking. Both are equally cringe worthy
How old are you?
Back in the PSX/PS2 days commercial modchips were standard. It only started with the first XBOX were you were first able to do it software-based entirely. Gamecube and Wii of course as well, and the rest is history, but come on, don't act like this is a devilish act

carlito1095t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TX themselves are referring to it as a Jailbreak. it's literally the second sentence of their site. The word itself is typed in bold. Take it up with them

Commercial modchips have been around for an absurdly long time, I'm talking OG Xbox long time.

Reactions: DaveLister

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TX themselves are referring to it as a Jailbreak. it's literally the second sentence of their site. The word itself is typed in bold. Take it up with them

Commercial modchips have been around for an absurdly long time, I'm talking OG Xbox long time.
I thought the ps1 started the trend.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oi oi oi, so basically their DRM is moronic.
https://pastebin.com/16BubC3t
It's terrible, and can be cracked incredibly easily. The backend is completely useless unless "signing it" does something useful.
It just rearranges some stuff, that's all.
Basically: lol you wasted 30$
Someone's working on a tool to crack it as we speak!
[EDIT] THE SERIAL NUMBER IS THE ONLY CONSOLE SPECIFIC THING
Due to how modifiable this is, I'd assume they'd give bans for their product to any console they can detect...
Too bad you can probably manipulate what the serial number.
Anyways, their system is now obsolete before release.

Disclamer: just skipped over the pastebin

It looks like it creates a actual certificate signing request, so unless you have their private key (of the CA), I don't know what u go so crazy about.

I mean this looks rushed and I don't know details, but you can't do shit without patching the signature check in the binary or bruteing their private key.

Is it not authenticated or what?

Actually u pass a license code and a CSR (certificate sign request, thats probably bound to your console), so this is somewhat nicely done.
Basically what it does it take the data in the license-request.dat file (which is at least 0x80 bytes big, not sure how large it actually is though), then```````` converts the raw hex binary to a string. It then checks characters 0x40-0x80 to see if it's all 0's. If it is it prompts for an 8-digit alphanumeric license code. Otherwise if there's data in the 0x40-0x80 area it skips the license code. After that it sends the license-request.dat string and optional license code to sign_csr() which sends them to an online page 'server.php?u=sign'. It then checks the response of that page for an error. If there is one, it shows the error and stops. If there isn't, it calls the get_license() function using the same retrieve-license.dat string and optional license code but doesn't seem to use anything from the sign_csr() response. So it looks like sign_csr() is just an error checker, nothing more. Once get_license() runs it sends the same data to 'server.php?u=retrieve' and then checks the response. Once more, if the response has an error, it shows the error and stops. Otherwise it writes the contents of r.license to a file and downloads it to your computer.

From this it looks like only get_license() actually does anything. As for asking for the license code, they stated in their FAQ that those who ordered the PRO pack the license is tied to their dongle and not a code. So I expect that bytes 0x40-0x80 of the license-request.dat file is some identifying info about your dongle, otherwise left blank if you didn't use the dongle.

Reactions: Quantumcat and m4xw

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Basically what it does it take the data in the license-request.dat file (which is at least 0x80 bytes big, not sure how large it actually is though), then```````` converts the raw hex binary to a string. It then checks characters 0x40-0x80 to see if it's all 0's. If it is it prompts for an 8-digit alphanumeric license code. Otherwise if there's data in the 0x40-0x80 area it skips the license code. After that it sends the license-request.dat string and optional license code to sign_csr() which sends them to an online page 'server.php?u=sign'. It then checks the response of that page for an error. If there is one, it shows the error and stops. If there isn't, it calls the get_license() function using the same retrieve-license.dat string and optional license code but doesn't seem to use anything from the sign_csr() response. So it looks like sign_csr() is just an error checker, nothing more. Once get_license() runs it sends the same data to 'server.php?u=retrieve' and then checks the response. Once more, if the response has an error, it shows the error and stops. Otherwise it writes the contents of r.license to a file and downloads it to your computer.

From this it looks like only get_license() actually does anything. As for asking for the license code, they stated in their FAQ that those who ordered the PRO pack the license is tied to their dongle and not a code. So I expect that bytes 0x40-0x80 of the license-request.dat file is some identifying info about your dongle, otherwise left blank if you didn't use the dongle.

So that basically means its a psk-ish server-side signing process.

Unless there is a silly SQLi, thats not our attack vector IMO.

Really curious about their obfuscation

jramirex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I think that one guy is trolling about the June 5th pirated release, but I would be lying if I said I wish that isn't real. I have nothing against Xecuter but having their protection broken to break the Switch protection would be something worth witnessing.

ZachSZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They talk about how they're going to deliver the license codes to their resellers first. Does this mean that all that ordered the SX Pro will receive their code on June 15th via email? I originally thought the code was going to be included with the device and I was going to have to wait a week on shipping to get it, but if they deliver them via email, that would be awesome.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just patiently waiting for the freehax to completely kill TX's line of Switch products.
They'll go down the same way Gateway did.

Getzabelz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
One question, so you can buy SX OS and just use it as a payload without having to buy the damn dongle they're selling? I have a PC, i don't need that shit.

Even my phone can do the payload... So., can I just buy SX OS and use it without having to wait delivering of a dongle I just don't want?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They talk about how they're going to deliver the license codes to their resellers first. Does this mean that all that ordered the SX Pro will receive their code on June 15th via email? I originally thought the code was going to be included with the device and I was going to have to wait a week on shipping to get it, but if they deliver them via email, that would be awesome.
From the FAQ:
  • Q: Is SX OS tied to my console/dongle?
    A:
    Yes. In case of SX Pro the license is tied to your dongle and console. In case of SX Lite the license is tied to your license code and console.
If you got the Pro kit, you don't get a license code, it's tied to your dongle. Those that ordered the Pro kit will need to wait longer.

One question, so you can buy SX OS and just use it as a payload without having to buy the damn dongle they're selling? I have a PC, i don't need that shit.

Even my phone can do the payload... So., can I just buy SX OS and use it without having to wait delivering of a dongle I just don't want?
From the same FAQ:
  • Q: What do I need if I only buy SX OS?
    A:
    We strongly recommend buying SX Pro for the ease of use and safely streamlined procedure. That being said, SX OS standalone can be launched from Windows using TegraRcmGUI (TegraRcmSmash) or from NXLoader on android (with a USB-otg adapter).
    We offer support & warranty on your devices, please note any issues you face by errors/misuse of other methods will not be covered by our warranty.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,
Reactions: comput3rus3r

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm