• Don't Pass?

Votes: 17 14.0%

• Total voters

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just don't have a Gateway card... If i did I would make a port but I don't want to spend 80$ besides smea said that ninjax will soon support 9.7 gateway is only up to 9.2. In order to port it I would also have to buy a 4.5 - 9.2 3DS i just don't have that kind of money.

You can use FBI or PastaCFW to test cia.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would it be possible to implement online functionality? Would be cool to recieve messages through spotpass :)

Spotpass goes through nintendo servers, I don't think their going to allow homebrew on it... But it would be nice for it to be online which is possible you would just have to open the app to know if there are any new messages.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Spotpass goes through nintendo servers, I don't think their going to allow homebrew on it... But it would be nice for it to be online which is possible you would just have to open the app to know if there are any new messages.

Doesn't Ninjhax have access to the notification service? I dunno, I'm not an expert :P

I can possibly help to get online support for you

OH PLEASE DO! If online functionality is a thing, would be cool so specify a server in a config file... Cuz then I could use my server for something useful, other than hoarding log files of everyone on GBATemp... Who said that! Wasn't me ....

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Doesn't Ninjhax have access to the notification service? I dunno, I'm not an expert :P

OH PLEASE DO! If online functionality is a thing, would be cool so specify a server in a config file... Cuz then I could use my server for something useful, other than hoarding log files of everyone on GBATemp... Who said that! Wasn't me ....

Yes you could make notifications with NINJHAX, but there is a difference between making a notification while the app is running (which is possible) and making a notification when the app in not running (with spotpass which is not possible not even with CFW/Gateway as it requires the nintendo servers.) Someone could make a very complex CFW which could connect to custom spotpass servers, but as there is very little use for it for most homebrews and it would cost a lot of money (servers etc) and time, it will most likely never happen.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes you could make notifications with NINJHAX, but there is a difference between making a notification while the app is running (which is possible) and making a notification when the app in not running (with spotpass which is not possible not even with CFW/Gateway as it requires the nintendo servers.) Someone could make a very complex CFW which could connect to custom spotpass servers, but as there is very little use for it for most homebrews and it would cost a lot of money (servers etc) and time, it will most likely never happen.

I'm gonna look into it, would be nice if ninjhax supports plugins, so that af you log into ninjhax, it downloads your messages, even without starting the chat app

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
For the record, there's a Japanese Dictionary DS game that had Pictochat built in. It works on my N3DS XL and interacts normally with my DS Lite pictochat. Nonetheless, I wish you luck in this project.

are you talking about Kanji Dictionary: Kanji Sonomama Rakubiki Jiten? downloading the "backup copy" right now:lol:

Reactions: Scarlet and WhoAmI?

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country

As for the server part. I'm sure there's people in the community who wouldn't mind sharing their server. I use a Pi for my server - dirt cheap :P Probably wouldn't handle lots of requests but I dunno. Tjessx might volunteer, however - that's his call though. His paying for the servers (how much does it even cost him?)

Edit: sucks that we can't use spotpass. Still could have an online messenger though :D

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you everybody for the feed back. I will start working on the July 18th because my schedule is full due to finale exams. If you would like to contribute please PM me. I know I don't have a reputation on this site so it might be hard to trust me that I will actually make this. My goal is to have it out by the end of summer. Please note that I am still learning C/C++ so this might get delayed.

Thank you for taking time out of you day to read this :lol:

- Red3agle

I'm interested in helping, but I'd be learning with you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o