ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
hey can someone help me i updated my n3ds to 10.5 an surprisingly i can still have access to homebrew! :) with browserhax so from here am i able to still play mhx in english? if so how thanx

I believe that running this in any case requires one of the following (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't unnecessarily add on to this list; I know it's incomplete!):
Gateway +
emuNAND (any version) 9.2 or less firmware + emuNAND + rxTools (any version)
Between 10.3 and 10.5 firmware +
emuNAND + ReiNand (either original or Mod) + 10.3 firmware.bin
Any Firmware + Sky3DS
Any Firmware + latest rxTools Nightly + firmware files (+ dummy emuNAND partition at the very least??? Not sure about this one. I assume that rxTools needs to be able to see an emuNAND in order to run???)

The best option is the last one (Any Firmware + latest rxTools Nightly + firmware files) in your case. Someone else should be able to better explain the exact process for getting it set up. I have a Gateway, so this doesn't apply to me.

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
no im not on any cfw im just on fw

You can't install unsigned CIAs which means no NTR which means both CIA method and NTR method is out of option which means no tranlation for you.

Buy used n3ds with firmware max 10.3 do CFW then emunand.

You will have plenty of time to cry for all your lost saves and your stuff (since you can't do system transfer)

cb3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i have a old n3ds on fw 9.5 in order for mhx to work should i be on fw 10.3? if so how can i get cfw on 10.3

PiriPiri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how much of the necessary things in the game are translated at this point? I would hate to set all this up and not have any idea what I'm suppose to do on a quest or know what type of material I need for a weapon/armor just because it isn't translated yet. Also, is the original post up to date on what version is out?

Ki18

Trophies
XP
Country
So how much of the necessary things in the game are translated at this point? I would hate to set all this up and not have any idea what I'm suppose to do on a quest or know what type of material I need for a weapon/armor just because it isn't translated yet. Also, is the original post up to date on what version is out?

Easily enough to get by. Armour skills, quests, monsters, items, menus etc. A fair bit. You can't get stuck, put it that way.

Azba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Absolutely everything necessary has been done, so that's menus, item/materials names, monster names and quest objectives.
Other than that the only things you might get annoyed by are that some of the weapon names and VERY FEW armor skills aren't translated but you can google those anyway.

No NPC dialogue has been translated but Monhun isn't really a story-driven game to begin with and you can kinda pick up on what the story is just by paying attention.

Reactions: bomigoton

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
without npc dialouge, i'd have no idea which quests are important for progressing, and doing every single quest available is a bit annoying, and there may be an action that isnt quest related, such as in early game mh4u, when you had to talk to a specific npc to progress, and certain characters would tell you that when you went to their facility.

Last edited by samcambolt270,

Ki18

Trophies
XP
Country
without npc dialouge, i'd have no idea which quests are important for progressing, and doing every single quest available is a bit annoying, and there may be an action that isnt quest related, such as in early game mh4u, when you had to talk to a specific npc to progress, and certain characters would tell you that when you went to their facility.

Been playing since 2006 and I don't ever remember the NPC dialogue giving key quest information. MHX key quests are easily findable via Google. I was using them the other day.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just talk to the people when they have bubbles, and do the quests that have bubbles. What they say doesnt matter.
In Yukumo: enter the footbath to talk with the cat/people that are sitting in the footbath.
Maybe the dialogues where the beruna chief for example first mentions Dinovaldo would be worth translating. I would need to start a new character to find it.
But there are several pages where you can find the "progression line" for the key quests.
For example google this:
MHX: Village Quests

Ki18

Trophies
XP
Country
How laggy is the online gameplay if you live in the US with a good internet connection?

Depends on who you play with. I live in the UK and play with a friend from the US and it's not all that bad. IIRC the hosting as such is dependant on who has entered a zone first. Unless that's been changed of course.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Offtopic:
Watch tonights Nintendo direct (11pm CET)! When the leaked information is right, Monster Hunter Generations is MHX for the west? As the trademark was also registered, it may be true! I think our prayers have been heard!

#MonsterHunterGenerations

Source:
http://www.ntower.de/News/40264-Spoilerwarnung-Gerücht-leakt-Inhalte-der-morgigen-Nintendo-Direct/
http://www.ntower.de/News/40268-Gerücht-Markeneintrag-unterstützt-Leak-zur-heutigen-Direct/

Edit: Confirmed! Release this summer (Q2-2016)
fjEwp98.jpg

streaming today: https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/705671774239907840

Edit2
And smea is fixing hans. Maybe release this week. Awesome smea!
Source https://twitter.com/smealum/status/705676140434710528

Last edited by bomigoton,
Reactions: Maq47

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...