Homebrew [WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

D

Deleted User

DSonPSP was 219.72 KB. Now you can tell your friend to search for a bit before saying anything stupid.
No$gba is 202kb, runs ds and gba games... to add to the size @BurningDesire tell them to look up no$gba
Edit: tablet died, and never said i replied

Last edited by ,

Fazana

Professional Trashposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gonna be a dick and one up that.

Managed to snag a 128GB UHS 3 for £23/$30 :)

Point is, yeah, SD speed shouldn't be a problem at all if you've bought one that costs more than a dollar during this decade.

Reactions: Kioku

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS IS NOT A FAKE EMULATOR. But you guys have to lower your expectations. It's based on a fully interpreted desmume core, which is outdated and will need to be updated. This won't replace flashcards, and discussion about that should be done elsewhere.

@shutterbug2000 after you fix the image output, you should focus on updating the emulation core as compatibility with the current core won't be good.

Reactions: Joel16 and Kioku

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS IS NOT A FAKE EMULATOR. But you guys have to lower your expectations. It's based on a fully interpreted desmume core, which is outdated and will need to be updated. This won't replace flashcards, and discussion about that should be done elsewhere.

@shutterbug2000 after you fix the image output, you should focus on updating the emulation core as compatibility with the current core won't be good.

Yeah, I think the output is actually fixed. AND(somehow) it appears to be drawing the bottom screen? Maybe the top screen twice? Dunno how it's doing that...

itsthenavy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is more a speculative question than anything useful, but how much instruction interpretation overhead can be reduced and how much work would that end up being? Like I said, I don't usually deal in emulators, but I have an understanding of how they work. I'm curious to learn more through watching this.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't want to be rude, but why take DesMuMe as the source, and not NoZoomer (NoGBA) ?
I meant DesMuMe vs NoGBA is like Gateway vs LumA9LH.
Why use Desmume when you can use NoGBA wich is the best vs it?

itsthenavy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think the output is actually fixed. AND(somehow) it appears to be drawing the bottom screen? Maybe the top screen twice? Dunno how it's doing that...
Are both screens one contiguous buffer? Try a different index in the buffer. As many pixels as the bottom screen has perhaps?

cool but obviously sucky
If you don't have a useful contribution, then don't waste your time making worthless posts in this thread.

Reactions: Joel16

Fazana

Professional Trashposter
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't want to be rude, but why take DesMuMe as the source, and not NoZoomer (NoGBA) ?
I meant DesMuMe vs NoGBA is like Gateway vs LumA9LH.
Why use Desmume when you can use NoGBA wich is the best vs it?

According to many other posters in the thread, he has switched to a DS for PSP or whatever it's called.

Angelcraft

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'll answer you, no problem: It's in a very early state. At this moment, it wont work with any game, and no game is playable. For much you can ask, the answer will be this, and not other.
thank you ^^ the next time dont be rude pls

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
At this point, if I were the dev, I would just go to some chat client with other interested developers and totally forget about this thread. Can't people just calm the freakin down and not interrupt the relevant discussion?

itsthenavy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point, if I were the dev, I would just go to some chat client with other interested developers and totally forget about this thread. Can't people just calm the freakin down and not interrupt the relevant discussion?
Again, I wish gbatemp would have some rules like xda-developers to keep the development forums more clean. But when the majority of the users on this site are probably literal children the moderation staff would probably quit due to the amount of work.

Really though. Development threads are for developers. Maybe a release thread could have support, but this isn't a release. It's bootable, but not usable, which is a big difference that few of you really properly grasp. This guy comes here seeking help with getting this up and running and we get 16 pages of "DOES THIS WORK? IS THIS FAKE? WHERE'S THE SOURCE YOU LIAR?" That a hostile environment. Honestly, it's enough to make any developer pack up and leave because you realize you're developing for an entitled enduser instead of an enthusiast like yourself. I can understand getting duped by young developers that don't really know what they are doing (hello Kernel Time Machine), but don't just act outright hostile to every developer.

tl;dr If you can't contribute to development or don't have something moderately relevant to post in an in-progress development thread, then don't post in it at all. It's just good etiquette and makes for a better experience for everyone.

For now, I'll check in on this thread until it (maybe) closes and there's always the repo to watch if it's going to get more commits.

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
;) ;)

MarioPartyDS.PNG

(running in citra)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum