Homebrew [WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mind you, flashcarts still have their problems.
Try loading a large game with intensive graphics on a Class 4 sdcard and tell me how that goes.

$12 is probably going to give you a hard time as it's more than likely a clone which will end up with you being fucked if you mess up with firmware if you don't have google-fu

Emulation can help with this problem but the problem is the hardware used and how deep the emulation goes in terms of accuracy.
Okay i understand what you are saying, but the 3ds hardware is like the worst today so i see no point on it but bud everybody has an opinion right?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Mind you, flashcarts still have their problems.
Try loading a large game with intensive graphics on a Class 4 sdcard and tell me how that goes.

$12 is probably going to give you a hard time as it's more than likely a clone which will end up with you being fucked if you mess up with firmware if you don't have google-fu

Emulation can help with this problem but the problem is the hardware used and how deep the emulation goes in terms of accuracy.
If you only have a class 4, that's more a personal problem than it is an inconvenience. Class 10 cards are pretty normal nowadays and relatively cheap.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

DinkyBoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Virtually no-one was accusing you of making something fake, they were saying that the notion of making a functional DS emulator on 3DS is an extraordinary one, and wanted proof or at least solid evidence before believing anything.
Point is its the devs time and effort only going into this and doesnt have to prove anything to anyone untill they are ready. And the word fake has been through all 17 pages so there is accusing. Personally i dont see why he would hang himself with his own rope.

Last edited by DinkyBoo,
Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Inorizushi

*yawn*
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you only have a class 4, that's more a personal problem than it is an inconvenience. Class 10 cards are pretty normal nowadays and relatively cheap.
I'm actually speaking from personal experience, I had to live with a class 4 in my r4i while I waited for my current one to come in.

However, this doesn't take from the idea that some people who just grab a flashcart for pirated DS games will probably just grab the nearest SDcard without checking class.
At least, this was a problem when I got my first flashcart.

Pretty sure it's different now.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A majority of $12 cards, which aren't necessarily clones, are just "put WOOD firmware and ROMs on SD and you're done".

Point is its the devs time and effort only going into this and doesnt have to prove anything to anyone untill they are ready. And the word fake has been through all 17 pages so there is accusing. Personally i dont see why he would hang himself with his own rope.
How would providing evidence be equivalent to hanging himself?

Fazana

Professional Trashposter
Trophies
XP
Country
A crappy class 4 SD card has worked with every single game I've thrown at it. I think the heaviest game I have though is Pokemon black 2. I imagine for heavier games you surely wouldn't need to go higher than class 6, or class 8, right?

Reactions: Kioku and Xiphiidae

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually speaking from personal experience, I had to live with a class 4 in my r4i while I waited for my current one to come in.

However, this doesn't take from the idea that some people who just grab a flashcart for pirated DS games will probably just grab the nearest SDcard without checking class.
At least, this was a problem when I got my first flashcart.

Pretty sure it's different now.
Well, if you're anything like me. Buy a new 3ds, buy a fancy sd card with high speeds. Take out the stock 4GB, class 4 card and stick it in a ds flashcard. Yup never again. :P

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This isn't a "Choose your R4 flashcard" topic.
Either comment something related to the topic of the DS emulator or open another topic.

I am actually really invested into seeing how this develops.
More so if this manages to use the real hardware for the games, like Nintendont does for Gamecube games.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Fazana

Professional Trashposter
Trophies
XP
Country
I imagine a class 4 SD card is probably near, if not faster than the speed of the DS cart's speed itself.

I know this UHS1 I use in my 3DS is quite a bit faster than 3DS carts.

DinkyBoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A majority of $12 cards, which aren't necessarily clones, are just "put WOOD firmware and ROMs on SD and you're done".

How would providing evidence be equivalent to hanging himself?
Its a metaphor like whipping yourself with your own lead, why would he give information just for it to be thrown back at him, seems stupid

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This isn't a "Choose your R4 flashcard" topic.
Either comment something related to the topic of the DS emulator or open another topic.
I'm pretty sure taking about the merits of a DS emulator as opposed to flashcards is relevant in a thread about a DS emulator.

Its a metaphor like whipping yourself with your own lead, why would he give information just for it to be theown back at him, seems stupid
You're not explaining why it would be stupid or why information would be thrown back at him.
Surely providing evidence is the appropriate response to being asked for it?

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I never owned one so I dont know. I thought it was emulation. Maybe I'm thinking emulation because of people throwing the word emulation around not knowing what it means.
Might be emulation, but I'm sure PS1 emulation was built-in.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8