Homebrew [WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just downloaded this but can't try until later: does/will this work on 11.0.0-33U? (n3ds)
Quick look at source tells me yes. Does not rely on any kernel exploits is completely userland only. And as such should work. But I might be wrong though.
(Work = it boots, not it actually runs games)

itsthenavy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gbatemp really needs rules for it's development forums like xdadevelopers to keep garbage posting like the past 16 pages of this thread out. One shouldn't need to resort to PMs for help.

@shutterbug2000 does the repo contain all dependencies needed to compile? (With the exception of perhaps ctrulib which I have anyway.) I can't say I can help you with porting, as I've never worked with emulators before, but I am interested in building for fun.

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gbatemp really needs rules for it's development forums like xdadevelopers to keep garbage posting like the past 16 pages of this thread out. One shouldn't need to resort to PMs for help.

@shutterbug2000 does the repo contain all dependencies needed to compile? (With the exception of perhaps ctrulib which I have anyway.) I can't say I can help you with porting, as I've never worked with emulators before, but I am interested in building for fun.

The currently uploaded source needs sf2dlib, but I'm trying to make it ctrulib only.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

It compiled for me first time. I do have sf2dlib which I think is needed (and external).
EDIT: Ninja'd by creator himself :(, :)?

Reactions: shutterbug2000

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@shutterbug2000 Man, I'm rooting for you and I hope you can do what you want to achieve here. But I really think, and please don't take it wrong, that you should remove the attachments you linked to earlier and edit the first post to make it clear that this can't run roms yet, so people will stop asking the same questions (and reporting the same black screens/squares) all the time.

That said, I'll be watching this development, so cheers and I wish you luck.

Reactions: MRJPGames

itsthenavy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The currently uploaded source needs sf2dlib, but I'm trying to make it ctrulib only.
Thanks. I was perusing the makefile and wanted to confirm that. Might pull that in later unless you're going to move to ctrulib soon. Are you only using sf2dlib to blit to the screen like the snippet in the OP? I'd go with the suggestion earlier and copy to the framebuffer directly for now and concern yourself with hardware acceleration after that.

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I was perusing the makefile and wanted to confirm that. Might pull that in later unless you're going to move to ctrulib soon. Are you only using sf2dlib to blit to the screen like the snippet in the OP? I'd go with the suggestion earlier and copy to the framebuffer directly for now and concern yourself with hardware acceleration after that.

Yeah, my one question is how do I set the framebuffer size to that of the DS? Right now it just wants to draw on the side of the screen in rows.

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, my one question is how do I set the framebuffer size to that of the DS? Right now it just wants to draw on the side of the screen in rows.
You can't set the framebuffer size, you have to run a loop and blit each pixel since the 3ds screen is rotated. Example:
Code:
for(x=0; x<256; x++){
    for(y=0; y<192;y++){
        framebuffer[((x*240) + (239 -y))] = source[( y * sourcewidth ) + x];
    }
}

Chaos8425

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing the first supported games will have 2d graphics? I hope it can eventually play games like sm64ds (fav ds game of all time) (and sorry if someone already mentioned this 1-17 pages before)

Last edited by Chaos8425,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/eQZnbv5zc3w?si=I8MBUZfEnkZpwccJ