Homebrew [WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He was already told it was pointless though. He should stay and follow the thread and this one needs to close down so this doesn't happen again.
Just because something isn't in developement anymore doesn't mean people should a) Stop using it and b) Not talk about it.

Its like GameYob and other emulators: Why continue working on them when you can have either Nintendo native emulation or Nintendo releases their own "emulators"?

Cmon, we're not Kuribo64.

Last edited by NightScript,
Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
He was already told it was pointless though. He should stay and follow the thread and this one needs to close down so this doesn't happen again.

And that matters to his question how? 10 people saying the same thing didn't answer his question. 1 person who answered his question by giving him a link did. At that point it's just as fruitless to ask them why they want to check on a dead project list, so may as well leave it at that. Nothing more is added to the discussion by repeating what has already been stated.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that matters to his question how? 10 people saying the same thing didn't answer his question. 1 person who answered his question by giving him a link did. At that point it's just as fruitless to ask them why they want to check on a dead project list, so may as well leave it at that. Nothing is added to the discussion that hasn't already been stated by repeating it.
At first I semi answered his question, I pointed him in the right direction and I was going to leave it as that when I saw someone had posted the list. It went downhill from there when people questioned my reply to your reply about my reply being pointless because you had already given them the list. Which is basically the same thing you are telling me now, it's pointless for me to ask why he wants a dead project list as much as it was pointless for you to tell me he had the answer already.

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Touché, although partly your fault for not checking updated replies on the thread when notified before replying yourself. You never know what people could say in that span of time or if it'll wind up making the post pointless.

We can leave it at that I think. The member's got their answer, the project is dead and IMO this project thread should at least remain open for someone to add to this project in case, unless @shutterbug2000 wants it shut down.

Reactions: NightScript

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Touché, although partly your fault for not checking updated replies on the thread when notified before replying yourself. You never know what people could say in that span of time or if it'll wind up making the post pointless.

We can leave it at that I think. The member's got their answer, the project is dead and IMO this project thread should at least remain open for someone to add to this project in case, unless @shutterbug2000 wants it shut down.
I follow a butt load of threads so I don't normally check when replying to a semi dead thread. My vote goes to close it and put that focus into the new stuff.
Just because something isn't in developement anymore doesn't mean people should a) Stop using it and b) Not talk about it.

Its like GameYob and other emulators: Why continue working on them when you can have either Nintendo native emulation or Nintendo releases their own "emulators"?

Cmon, we're not Kuribo64.
If you're talking gameyob 3ds I believe the last update was In 2015 but from what I remember it was basically finished but mgba started replacing it for homebrew gb GBC games iirc

SoulEater98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to properly set up the CIA file? I tried to play it after installing it and it gives me an error and just restarts my 3DS. I know this is old and dead emulator but I only want to play one game on it which is compatible.

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does anyone know how to properly set up the CIA file? I tried to play it after installing it and it gives me an error and just restarts my 3DS. I know this is old and dead emulator but I only want to play one game on it which is compatible.

Are you using Masterfeizz's V0.1JIT .cia? That's the one that was tested in the compatibility list. If yes and it's still not working, are you using an N3DS or an O3DS? If the latter then the .cia won't work on the O3DS, only the .3dsx does.

SoulEater98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using Masterfeizz's V0.1JIT .cia? That's the one that was tested in the compatibility list. If yes and it's still not working, are you using an N3DS or an O3DS? If the latter then the .cia won't work on the O3DS, only the .3dsx does.

Yeah, that's the one I'm using. I have a N3DS.

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, that's the one I'm using. I have a N3DS.

Redownload the .cia then? Might have been a bad download. In the meantime I'll give it a check on my system.

EDIT: Ahh, I see. You need to rename the target DS game to game.nds and place it in the root of the SD card to use this version. There's another version which included a simple directory menu to work around but shutterbug's releases appear to be cut. I'll see if I can find it on my drive.

Reactions: SoulEater98

SoulEater98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redownload the .cia then? Might have been a bad download. In the meantime I'll give it a check on my system.

EDIT: Ahh, I see. You need to rename the target DS game to game.nds and place it in the root of the SD card to use this version. There's another version which included a simple directory menu to work around but shutterbug's releases appear to be cut. I'll see if I can find it on my drive.

That made it work, thanks! Also if you could find that I would really appreciate it!

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That made it work, thanks! Also if you could find that I would really appreciate it!

I just found it. :P

This one doesn't require the game to be named game.nds and you can put the recommended jit block size in by opening notepad, typing in the recommended number and then saving it as "(exact name of rom here).nds.conf", then placing that in the same folder as the rom. You can also experiment with other untested roms in this fashion to see what works best, starting at 50 and then going down by increments of 5 (45, 40, 35...) until you can find the best JIT block size.

If I'm not mistaken it may also require that the roms are put in an "nds" folder in the root of your SD card, but I'm unsure of that. If it can't find them then try placing the roms there.

Reactions: SoulEater98

Player-1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
If this is not in development, can a mod close the thread?
That's still not how it works. Something which is not being developed can still be talked about, and can also still be worthwhile to talk about. I see no reason for closing this thread, especially because the nds_bootstrap method does not support all games yet, and this software can still be useful in certain cases.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The emulator is working?
Yes, but speed and compatibility definitively aren't 100%. Also it's worthwhile to look into nds_bootstrap to see if (some of) the games you want to play are compatibly with it as it the preferred way of playing NDS backups without a flashcard.

Reactions: ElyosOfTheAbyss

royyy4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can someone please explain to me how i can download this. I downloaded a cia file of this somewhere and i have no clue how to start the game i want, does anyone have a quick easy tutorial somewhere?

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can someone please explain to me how i can download this. I downloaded a cia file of this somewhere and i have no clue how to start the game i want, does anyone have a quick easy tutorial somewhere?
this was discontinued and "replaced" with nds bootstrap

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1