Homebrew [WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
I think this is a pretty interesting project,I'd like to test it if it gets a public release.Maybe some games TWLoader doesnt support will at least run with this.
This won't get anymore updates since twloader and bootstrap are now a thing.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sooooooooo
Don't mean to sound like THAT guy
But can I play Pokémon gen 5 on this?
Also what about twloader?

DS Pokemon main-series games don't boot on this or TWLoader at this time. They're notorious for having trouble with emulators.

At this time, I honestly wouldn't mind if this emulator were to continue being developed, even by someone else. Yes, it wouldn't be better than TWLoader and thus wouldn't have a point, but it's trying to do it anyway that counts. (inb4 someone goes "continue it yerself then hurr durr") Look at the NES Mini; people called it pointless to hack because there's quite honestly much better ways to emulate games, and they were right. But it happened anyway because we can.

Even native loading DS games through the SD card was mocked far and wide on this sub-forum as being impossible or unnecessary, yet here we now achieving that exact purported "impossibility". This was simply a milestone towards that but it doesn't have to end there. As homebrew devs (I myself am not one), we must keep pushing the envelope on seemingly pointless things to expand our scene and our knowledge. People still port emulators to new consoles whenever they can even though we can play them on older systems, after all.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other program supports so far what, 30 games? There's some 2.5-3000 NDS games, shall we list all of them for you?
No. I Just wanted a list on what works. But NVM.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe just give this person the list like they asked?

Here you go. I had it bookmarked. That wasn't so hard to do.
Thanks. I'll start using this alongside TWLoader.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I Just wanted a list on what works. But NVM.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks. I'll start using this alongside TWLoader.
There's a list for the other pragem just go from last page about 2 pages back it's a link. For this one there were like two games that worked, I believe, if you read a few 7ish pages back you will find them.

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I know, I saw that after I had posted and I'm too lazy to edit it just like he is too lazy to go find it.

So, wow.... Real mature and nice job at helping new people who might want to help this project for those who don't have CFW and only HBL. 10/10, sir.

This will be good for if you can't A9LH in a future update.

Last edited by NightScript,
Reactions: Pandaxclone2

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sift through 127 pages to find one link. That sounds like a nice way to waste the afternoon away. (I do understand where you're coming from though.)
He doesn't need to sift through 127 pages, this very page says this is dead at that point you should be able to rationalize that it's dead for a reason like it wasn't very good or it ran into problems and this thread should be closed now.

So, wow.... Real mature and nice job at helping new people who might want to help this project for those who don't have CFW and only HBL. 10/10, sir.

This will be good for if you can't A9LH in a future update.

This project is dead. There were only about 2 to 3 games that worked kinda and it won't get any better because of the way it was doing things. I have also helped or try to help people before but even just going back 3 pages will most of the time find the answer people are looking for.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
He doesn't need to sift through 127 pages, this very page says this is dead at that point you should be able to rationalize that it's dead for a reason like it wasn't very good or it ran into problems and this thread should be closed now.

They weren't asking about its liveliness though; they were asking what roms worked on it and a list. Kind of distinct differences.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roms I tried a while back that works:
  • Mario Party DS
  • MegaETk (homebrew)
  • New Super Mario Bros
  • Plants vs Zombies (iirc)
  • Pokemon Black
  • Style Savvy
  • Super Mario 64 DS (minigames at good speed)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.