Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
which version are you using?
Wiisx 1, 2, or any mods?

did you try WiiSXR ?
I used WiiSX 2.1 Beta
And then I tried WiiSXR, but that didn't work.

EDIT: Would you think it would be because of the ISO (I'm using Crash Bandicoot )

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think it's caused by the game itself, the emulator should take care of the input whatever the game is.
Did you try another game to see if it works with others?

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, I recently put WiiSX on my Wii, and whenever I use a Wiimote or Wiimote + Nunchuk, None of the controls work. I checked the control settings and it seems to be fine, but it doesn't work in-game.
Any help would be appreciated. :)
Settings > Input > PSX Controller Type. Set it to Standard.

vEN2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hi. Anyone know arguments for wiiflow plugin autoboot? standart WiiSX arguments didn't work

D

Deleted User

Everyone! An hour ago Mystro256 released Wiisxr Beta 2.3 Version on his gitgub page!

Here is the changelog:

This release is long overdue... Not groundbreaking but it fixes a lot of little ugly usability bugs. Likely the best speed you can get out of the code without rewriting the GFX code to better use GX (i.e. HW acceleration), or possibly the audio somehow.

Also includes Wii U Gamepad support, but requires extra modification to work (https://github.com/FIX94/libwiidrc). I have not tested this myself, so I can't confirm if it works as expected.

Beta 2.3:

• Fix various filebrowser bugs
  • Speed tweaks
  • A bunch of code optimization
  • Fix a regression with dynarec (from Beta 2.2)
  • Compiling against latest DevkitPPC (29-1)
  • Very minor GUI bug fixes
  • Add basic Wii U Gamepad support

Thanks a lot Mystro256!:)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone! An hour ago Mystro256 released Wiisxr Beta 2.3 Version on his gitgub page!

Here is the changelog:

This release is long overdue... Not groundbreaking but it fixes a lot of little ugly usability bugs. Likely the best speed you can get out of the code without rewriting the GFX code to better use GX (i.e. HW acceleration), or possibly the audio somehow.

Also includes Wii U Gamepad support, but requires extra modification to work (https://github.com/FIX94/libwiidrc). I have not tested this myself, so I can't confirm if it works as expected.

Beta 2.3:

• Fix various filebrowser bugs
  • Speed tweaks
  • A bunch of code optimization
  • Fix a regression with dynarec (from Beta 2.2)
  • Compiling against latest DevkitPPC (29-1)
  • Very minor GUI bug fixes
  • Add basic Wii U Gamepad support

Thanks a lot Mystro256!:)

That part here, I don't find encouraging TBH
"Likely the best speed you can get out of the code without rewriting the GFX code to better use GX (i.e. HW acceleration), or possibly the audio somehow".

It's as good as the Wii/vWii speed mode is ever gonna get with PSX. At least he's honest.

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I will be happy if the past compatible games who had imperfections on sound(like Final Fantasy Tactics), gameplay (like Choukousoku GranDoll) or even smaller problems like Rockman 8 videos not running have these problems solved.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be happy if the past compatible games who had imperfections on sound(like Final Fantasy Tactics), gameplay (like Choukousoku GranDoll) or even smaller problems like Rockman 8 videos not running have these problems solved.

For one, the CDDA was disabled on the Wii side to speed it up. So if that can be reenabled, somehow, that'd be awesome. The other problem, is the sound plugin would need a complete rewrite, and Mystro256 pretty much implied he's not gonna do that. We'd ned another author rewrite the SPU plugin :unsure::(

Like, it's great there's a new version, but the current sound emulation, hurts my ears.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, lets see if he can solve at least the gameplay for some games or these strange problems like the video not running

That would be the video plugin. Also, be sure you manually set the BIOS from HLE to SD, which is what it's set to by default. Otherwise, a lot of games will crash without a real BIOS. I wouldn't get your hopes up for SPU or GPU improvements, he doesn't seem interested in doing it unless we found another who can work on it.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have crash problems here in these games.

Right, but I was getting them until I changed from HLE BIOS to a real one, But sound and graphics need to be rewritten to mitigate the remaining issues, and I just don't see that happening on this side. CDDA being reenabled would fix a lot of sound.

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For one, the CDDA was disabled on the Wii side to speed it up. So if that can be reenabled, somehow, that'd be awesome. The other problem, is the sound plugin would need a complete rewrite, and Mystro256 pretty much implied he's not gonna do that. We'd ned another author rewrite the SPU plugin :unsure::(

Like, it's great there's a new version, but the current sound emulation, hurts my ears.
metal gear solid for example :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: