• Replies 23

Deleted member 575622

Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
IMPORTANT UPDATE RetrixGold 2.9.6
  • New Effects System (GPU based)
  • Compressed files support (zip, 7z, rar, gz, tar) (using SharpCompress/Adam Hathcock)
  • Improved layouts
  • Improved performance (Thx DekuDesu)
  • Ability to see the updated pixels only
  • Improved XBox Menu
  • Fix core's log (Thx KimNynxx, Constantin)
  • Add instructions to import BIOS collection
  • Set any overlay you want

**Performance solution
(I called it "Crazy Buffer"), as per my test on low end device I got very good results

Performance Tips:
  1. To avoid high memory usage, load the game without compression
  2. After many games you will play the app could get heavy (just restart it)
  3. When the performance drop, just pause..wait..resume
Note: X86 & ARM Contains more cores

Enjoy :)

Effects System:

Effects.gif

Pixels Update:
Pixels Update.gif

Overlays:
Overlay.gif

MWCool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I released the source code for the enhanced/gold version days ago:
github/basharast/RetrixGold

Source code was delayed because I want to do some clean-up but I didn't had the time for that.
-------------------------

An important feature added to the latest release 2.9.5 called "Render Threads"
You can choose multiple threads for render (like what GPU do) but for limited amount of threads
it works better than the regular render (You need to activate it manually).

------------------

Regarding to XBOX,
I don't have one so I needed a tester (someone to test and give feedback) to understand what I should do to provide better experience, so far I got nothing :unsure:

Thanks.
I can test on XBox One if you still need someone. I just installed 3.08 a few days ago, some things I noticed so far:
Atari 2600: Works Perfectly

Atari 5200: Can't get the 5200 OS to work without crashing with .BIN files, but if you switch to OSB (400/800) or ATARIXL OSs it works perfectly with .ATR files

Atari 7800: Works and plays well, but the sound is not working no matter I do with the options

Coleco: Works, but the very top and bottom of the screen are cut off and nothing in the options can correct this

MWCool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I released the source code for the enhanced/gold version days ago:
github/basharast/RetrixGold

Source code was delayed because I want to do some clean-up but I didn't had the time for that.
-------------------------

An important feature added to the latest release 2.9.5 called "Render Threads"
You can choose multiple threads for render (like what GPU do) but for limited amount of threads
it works better than the regular render (You need to activate it manually).

------------------

Regarding to XBOX,
I don't have one so I needed a tester (someone to test and give feedback) to understand what I should do to provide better experience, so far I got nothing :unsure:

Thanks.

I can test on XBox One if you still need someone.

I just installed 3.08 a few days ago and this is what I've found so far:

Atari 2600: Works perfectly

Atari 5200: Crashes if you use the 5200 OS with BIN files, but if you switch to ATARIOSB (400/800) or ATARIXL it works perfectly with ATR files

Atari 7800: Works but no sound, options don't resolve

Colecovision: Works but top and bottom of screen cut off, options don't resolve

MWCool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can test on XBox One if you still need someone. I just installed 3.08 a few days ago, some things I noticed so far:

Atari 5200: Can't get the 5200 OS to work without crashing with .BIN files, but if you switch to OSB (400/800) or ATARIXL OSs it works perfectly with .ATR files

Atari 7800: Works and plays well, but the sound is not working no matter I do with the options

Coleco: Works, but the very top and bottom of the screen are cut off and nothing in the options can correct this
I

Hello, I have some more feedback.

I just installed v 3.30 and found the following:

Coleco - now that there is an option to change aspect ratio under Scale in the Effects Options you can change it so top and bottom of screen no longer cut off.

Atari 5200/800 - Used to crash when you chose 5200 as OS with .bin files but worked with 800 and 800XL with .atr files, now crashes no matter what OS you choose.

Atari 7800 - works but still no sound.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A buttered grilled cheese pb&j? Meh