Homebrew WiiSXR: Fork of wiisx, a gamecube/wii/vWii psx emulator

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WiiSXR already has Classic Controller support, you just need to launch vWii mode first, sync the controller there, then use vWii HBC to launch WiiSXR.
No idea about Not64 controller support.

There were a WiiSX version working with a PS3 USB controller too, I don't know if it's implemented in WiiSXR. I'm trying to find it, maybe I dreamed...

PS:
I updated this thread's first post with links and changelogs, it looks better now :)
Not worked here. Maybe because is a 3th party clasic controller

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone! An hour ago Mystro256 released Wiisxr Beta 2.3 Version on his gitgub page!

Here is the changelog:

This release is long overdue... Not groundbreaking but it fixes a lot of little ugly usability bugs. Likely the best speed you can get out of the code without rewriting the GFX code to better use GX (i.e. HW acceleration), or possibly the audio somehow.

Also includes Wii U Gamepad support, but requires extra modification to work (https://github.com/FIX94/libwiidrc). I have not tested this myself, so I can't confirm if it works as expected.

Beta 2.3:

• Fix various filebrowser bugs
  • Speed tweaks
  • A bunch of code optimization
  • Fix a regression with dynarec (from Beta 2.2)
  • Compiling against latest DevkitPPC (29-1)
  • Very minor GUI bug fixes
  • Add basic Wii U Gamepad support

Thanks a lot Mystro256!:)
Anyone know if there's any specific games the "fix a regression with dynarec" fixed? Tried a few with issues in previous build and didn't notice any changes so far.

D

Deleted User

Anyone know if there's any specific games the "fix a regression with dynarec" fixed? Tried a few with issues in previous build and didn't notice any changes so far.
I will start testing the latest Version in 2 Weeks and update the Wiisxr wiki.

Last edited by ,

SmartOrc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I'm using wiisxr on WiiU with gamepad support and i have tried the game Jade Cocoon.

The game "works perfectly", but it is impossible to save the game. Is it very difficult to fix this?

Sorry for my english, I'm using a translator.

Last edited by SmartOrc,

SmartOrc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
How about use save states?

I can not, when I try to save in-game, I get an error.

I have checked compatibility list from wiisxr github and owner say this: "Can not save and load, slight audio / texture problems."

EDIT: I'm sorry, I did not understand your message the first time. Now I've tested it with save status and now i can save games. Thank you very much.

Last edited by SmartOrc,
D

Deleted User

We might be able to take advantage of the wiiu's extra power. If you check on the wiiu scene we can actually finally run vwii games at wiiu clock speed. I'll test it and see if it makes any speed difference by any chance.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, I thought it had sound lag.
Maybe I mixed that game with another one which had speed issue. sorry about that :P
metal gear is still dead :( I would just play these games on an actual ps1 but I can't find any of my memory cards and all 5 controllers don't work :/
I could play on pc with an emu through epsxe but I'm having minor artifacts and some polygons seem to be bouncing back and forth :/

Last edited by jt_1258,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no PS3 or PSP with cfw either?

I think PsOne with a chipset are cheap.
I tried to find one on ebay but there wasn't one in my region when I checked, but I suppose timing is important and I have to look when there's one.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no PS3 or PSP with cfw either?

I think PsOne with a chipset are cheap.
I tried to find one on ebay but there wasn't one in my region when I checked, but I suppose timing is important and I have to look when there's one.
list of devices:
Tablet: Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T230NU
2ds
ds
horrible laptop(can't even open stardew valley)
great pc(can run doom 2016, max graphics, 1080p, 60fps)
wii
switch(latest firmware, screw tieing myself down for a non existant homebrew scene)

Classic consoles:
Atari 2600(yes I have et)
Sega Genesis
nes
snes
playstation

Jinx_Dojo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your work updating WiiSX(R)!

I was very happy to see an update that enabled "newer" Wiimotes (with built-in motion-plus). I tested Twisted Metal 2 and found it working properly.

Unfortunately, "Risk" no longer seems to boot in WiiSXR 2.3. It worked in WiiSX. (I have not tried WiiSXR 2.2--should I?) The game/ISO information is recognized on load, but on startup immediately causes an exception crash. (I can try to take a picture of the addresses if it would help squash this issue.)

It's worth noting that I'm running this on a regular Wii console. I'm using SMB to host the ISOs. Please let me know if I can provide any other useful information. Thank you again.

GeeBeeYaY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to make Gex 2: Enter the Gecko playable on Wiisxr? Like with a Save State to the Title Screen or the starting HUB? Man, If someone could do that, that would be awesome. I believe if you were able to get past that FMV loop, the game would be very much playable.

D

Deleted User

Is there any way to make Gex 2: Enter the Gecko playable on Wiisxr? Like with a Save State to the Title Screen or the starting HUB? Man, If someone could do that, that would be awesome. I believe if you were able to get past that FMV loop, the game would be very much playable.
I read that Gex Enter the Gecko works well in Wiisx beta 1. Take a look at the compability list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit