Homebrew WiiSXR: Fork of wiisx, a gamecube/wii/vWii psx emulator

Warwick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Hi guys,

I see WiiSXR Beta 2.2 now has U-stealth powers, but I cant get it to find the USB.
Has anyone had any luck with U-Stealth?

Thanks in advance!

GeeBeeYaY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is on.
I'm playing Rayman 2, when i use the helicopter it rumbles on the Pro Controller, but on the Gamepad = nothing.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The WiiU classic controller and the wiiU gamepad are two different things.

If you want the WiiU gamepad (with the screen), you need to create a WiiU Virtual console channel to launch WiiSX(R).
You have to follow this mini guide : https://gbatemp.net/posts/7605476
Launch the homebrew from WiiU mode.

If you want the WiiU Classic Controller, it's not what this thread is about.
but if that's what you want, then go to vWii system menu. Press the red button on the console AND on the controller. it will blink 2 or 3 times and quickly shutdown the controller's LED.
This means it worked !
The vWii system menu can't sync with that controller, but it can register it. It just did !
Now launch a compatible homebrew with the WiiU Classic Controller support, press any button and it will sync and stay powered.
if it doesn't stay powered, it means that homebrew is not compatible.
You launch this homebrew from vWii mode.

I don't know if you can use both at the same time. I think you can't, as the "WiiU Gamepad" support is done by taking over the "classic controller" interface.

Last edited by Cyan,

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You need to follow Fix94's guide
I just found WiiSXR and Not64 fowar
The WiiU classic controller and the wiiU gamepad are two different things.

If you want the WiiU gamepad (with the screen), you need to create a WiiU Virtual console channel to launch WiiSX(R).
this is this thread's subject.
You have to follow this mini guide : https://gbatemp.net/posts/7605476
Launch the homebrew from WiiU mode.

If you want the WiiU Classic Controller, it's not what this thread is about.
but if that's what you want, then go to vWii system menu. Press the red button on the console AND on the controller. it will blink 2 or 3 times and quickly shutdown the controller's LED.
This means it worked !
The vWii system menu can't sync with that controller, but it can register it. It just did !
Now launch a compatible homebrew with the WiiU Classic Controller support, press any button and it will sync and stay powered.
if it doesn't stay powered, it means that homebrew is not compatible.
You launch this homebrew from vWii mode.

I don't know if you can use both at the same time. I think you can't, as the "WiiU Gamepad" support is done by taking over the "classic controller" interface.

I just made the gamepad works on WIISR, but starting the WiiSXR on WiiU mode make my USB not work (and I have 96GB of PS1 games here)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, that's normal that USB is not working when launching a WiiU VC channel, as the wiiU needs to loads the data located on a USB WiiU HDD, so the USB driver is written specifically for encrypted HDD. It can't mount and list data from a FAT32 USB partition :(

when using WiiVC, only SD card is available for the moment. No idea if it will change in the future, Fix94 would have to do even more hard work to find how to mount a non WiiU USB device. To do that, it will not be a simple firmware memory patch, it will require a full USB driver written and added to the fw.img, and doing all that in ASM...

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Warwick

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah, that's normal that USB is not working when launching a WiiU VC channel, as the wiiU needs to loads the data located on a USB WiiU HDD, so the USB driver is written specifically for encrypted HDD. It can't mount and list data from a FAT32 USB partition :(

when using WiiVC, only SD card is available for the moment. No idea if it will change in the future, Fix94 would have to do even more hard work to find how to mount a non WiiU USB device. To do that, it will not be a simple firmware memory patch, it will require a full USB driver written and added to the fw.img, and doing all that in ASM...
And how about the classic controller WiiSR or Not64 have support for it?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WiiSXR already has Classic Controller support, you just need to launch vWii mode first, sync the controller there, then use vWii HBC to launch WiiSXR.
No idea about Not64 controller support.

There were a WiiSX version working with a PS3 USB controller too, I don't know if it's implemented in WiiSXR. I'm trying to find it, maybe I dreamed...
edit: this fork has Sicksaxis library : https://github.com/sgibbz/wiisxr-sixaxis/tree/master/Gamecube/gc_input

PS:
I updated this thread's first post with links and changelogs, it looks better now :)

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol looks about as fun as a root canal