PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally decided to give this a shot, but it won't read from the USB hard drive at all. It's formatted to Fat32 and works perfectly fine with Nintendont and USB Loader GX. I did a somewhat long search and couldn't find a solution to this.

For what it's worth, I also tried putting only WiiStation on the USB hard drive and selected USB in the Homebrew Channel, but after a short load it stayed on the SD apps.

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I finally decided to give this a shot, but it won't read from the USB hard drive at all. It's formatted to Fat32 and works perfectly fine with Nintendont and USB Loader GX. I did a somewhat long search and couldn't find a solution to this.

For what it's worth, I also tried putting only WiiStation on the USB hard drive and selected USB in the Homebrew Channel, but after a short load it stayed on the SD apps.
It happened to me too and iirc I wasn't able to solve the issue completely.

Try to load wiistation without any kind of forwarder and see if that fixes the issue.

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So I’ve modded like 15 Wiis over the years with many SD cards and MicroSD cards and I run into problems like this sometimes, it’s just very very rare.

The last time I had a random error was with an SD card. Homebrew Channel read it fine, WiiMC read it fine (I was watching shows on it). But USB Loader GX and Nintendont couldn’t read or write to it at all. I tried the SD card on a different Wii and had the same problem. Reformatted several times; same problem.

And it was exactly the same model/brand SD card I always use. SanDisk, 256GB. So why did it happen??

I just returned it via Amazon and bought another and it worked.

So my personal experience is like 5% of SD cards will randomly not work on some apps, even if they work on others. So you might be having the same thing with your storage device… or not. But I just wanted to draw this strange possibility to your attention.

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem solved! So you know those scenarios where changing one thing makes a world of difference? It's been a while since I formatted my USB hard drive and while updating Wii hacking stuff I paid it no mind since it still worked with Nintendont and USB Loader GX, so I'm glad I looked a bit further into it.

Use MBR instead of GPT for the partition table, even if it's just one FAT32 partition!

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having problems saving the game in Resident Evil direct's cut, the saved game from the other version of the Wiistation keeps appearing, the one that made it work correctly in RE or forcing NTSC
Post automatically merged:

I solved the problem, I had to delete the saved files and then download the PS1 memorycard that is used in other emulators (just by chance)

Last edited by Amuro-san,

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi Guys, I saw that there have been new builds of WiiStation recently, has the support for CHD format games improved? because I remember the last time I tried various CHD games, most of them crashed almost immediately

Ghostwalk

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but has anyone been able to create an inject with overclock enabled for the latest 3.0 release?

I've been trying to create one, but neither TeconMoon 3.0.17.0 or UWUVCI 3.9Z seem to be able to do it for me. The first one generates an empty folder when I choose the cafe2wii option (it does work well when it isn't used), while UWUVCI, which apparently does not have an option to enable it or not, just gets stuck during the "Setting up C2W" step.

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but has anyone been able to create an inject with overclock enabled for the latest 3.0 release?

I've been trying to create one, but neither TeconMoon 3.0.17.0 or UWUVCI 3.9Z seem to be able to do it for me. The first one generates an empty folder when I choose the cafe2wii option (it does work well when it isn't used), while UWUVCI, which apparently does not have an option to enable it or not, just gets stuck during the "Setting up C2W" step.

Why don't you just use the earlier provided forwarder?

steval_beaning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried out castlevania symphony of the night with bilinear filitering turned off, and found it has quite bad pixel shimmering artifacts when scrolling - meaning that pixels aren't evenly spaced properly. I think this is because it runs at something like 256x240 (like the SNES) instead of 320x240? so the image is being stretched? I would guess you could try looking at how SNES9XGX/RX/etc handles scaling, since those emulators look fine to me

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having problems with saved games (at least in Resident Evil), when I save, sometimes the saved game after leaving the emulator and I come back, the saved game simply returns to the previous one, there is also the issue of forcing NTSC which gives the appearance wrong the image leaving it cropped

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm having problems with saved games (at least in Resident Evil), when I save, sometimes the saved game after leaving the emulator and I come back, the saved game simply returns to the previous one, there is also the issue of forcing NTSC which gives the appearance wrong the image leaving it cropped
I had same problem with Driver 2 (disc two) every time I saved game after "Car Bomb" mission, the game doesn't save, I solved it by saving the state every time I finished a mission
However, with some games I had problems saving the state (Gran Turismo / Medievil), reloading the state the game was silent and sometimes gave a code dump error

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried out castlevania symphony of the night with bilinear filitering turned off, and found it has quite bad pixel shimmering artifacts when scrolling - meaning that pixels aren't evenly spaced properly. I think this is because it runs at something like 256x240 (like the SNES) instead of 320x240? so the image is being stretched? I would guess you could try looking at how SNES9XGX/RX/etc handles scaling, since those emulators look fine to me
Where are you doing your tests? on a CRT? also have you disabled the trap filter and enabled 240p?

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I found a bug in power rangers light speed rescue using lightrec (core problem?) since this does not happen with the old dynarec core
the character simply has a bug to jump in some parts of the game area, making it impossible to even pick up some items in certain parts

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the forwarder from earlier is what you need, just replace the boot.dol for the latest version, delete configs if necessary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway