Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Venezuela
screenshot1.png
screenshot3.png

This is Attorney Online (abbreviated AO), an online roleplay chatroom game based on the Ace Attorney universe.
You can chat, play cases, or do whatever you want, as Ace Attorney characters.
Originally made by FanatSors in 2013, this game has been a tight-knit community for over a decade.

This is an unofficial port/recreation of the PC client to the Nintendo DS. (It works on DSi and 3DS as well)

Some highlight features:
  • Supports playing MP3 files for music. (22050 Hz, 80 kbps)
  • Can connect to AO servers that utilize the WebSocket protocol, as used in the game's web browser version (webAO).
  • Supports custom AO content, including those of sprites of 3DS characters. (Must be converted beforehand using the converter tool)
  • Ace Attorney-like UI, as if you were playing the original DS games.
  • Uses stb_truetype, which renders TTF fonts for the most accurate Ace Attorney text visuals. ("Igiari" font belongs to Caveras.)
The download includes the vanilla data, so it's recommended to start out by connecting to the AO Official Server.

Download on GitHub
Source code

Youtnee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi can you make a tutorial on how to connect to attorney online using a original ds, Ds lite, Dsi, 3ds,Melon Ds and how to extract vanilla data into the data folder

Headshotnoby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi can you make a tutorial on how to connect to attorney online using a original ds, Ds lite, Dsi, 3ds,Melon Ds and how to extract vanilla data into the data folder
instructions on how to extract vanilla data are in the download page

to set up wifi on a real console it's best to use an unsecured hotspot on your phone and change the wifi/wfc settings to connect to it.

on a DS or DS lite, use a retail game like mario kart DS and enter wfc settings, then set up one of the three connections (search access point, select phone hotspot wifi)
on a DSi go to system settings > internet and set up one of the first three connections
i don't have a 3DS but it should be in system settings, internet settings, nintendo ds connections

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
View attachment 409746View attachment 409843

This is Attorney Online (abbreviated AO), an online roleplay chatroom game based on the Ace Attorney universe.
You can chat, play cases, or do whatever you want, as Ace Attorney characters.
Originally made by FanatSors in 2013, this game has been a tight-knit community for over a decade.

This is an unofficial port/recreation of the PC client to the Nintendo DS. (It works on DSi and 3DS as well)

Some highlight features:
  • Supports playing MP3 files for music. (22050 Hz, 80 kbps)
  • Can connect to AO servers that utilize the WebSocket protocol, as used in the game's web browser version (webAO).
  • Supports custom AO content, including those of sprites of 3DS characters. (Must be converted beforehand using the converter tool)
  • Ace Attorney-like UI, as if you were playing the original DS games.
  • Uses stb_truetype, which renders TTF fonts for the most accurate Ace Attorney text visuals. ("Igiari" font belongs to Caveras.)
The download includes the vanilla data, so it's recommended to start out by connecting to the AO Official Server.

Download on GitHub
Source code
THIS IS SO COOL!!! I am going to try it today :D

Headshotnoby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Venezuela
on ds original its just crash on my moonds its say thats shutdown i try it on in the loading server list and now is shutdown even in the intro
i've released an update that fixes this, it turns out that a server didn't have a description and the game crashed trying to load said missing description

Reactions: FerealNight

BakerMan

Class Clown of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aw hell yeah, ya boi used to be on the web version, Anyone is back
also, is your showname your DS name?
(eg. my DS name is my actual name, would I be able to customize my name, or would it be my real name?)

Reactions: Headshotnoby

Headshotnoby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Venezuela
aw hell yeah, ya boi used to be on the web version, Anyone is back
also, is your showname your DS name?
(eg. my DS name is my actual name, would I be able to customize my name, or would it be my real name?)
a showname is just a display name you can use in the game chat, by default it's empty

Reactions: BakerMan

Headshotnoby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Venezuela
before i jump in, how do i use mp3s to play music?
you can play the included vanilla mp3's on the AO Official Server, or download a server's custom content (just a warning, they're usually of huge size), or host your own local server with your own music in it

note that you must use the AO NDS converter tool beforehand, which you can use to convert the music to mp3 22050Hz 80kbps

Reactions: BakerMan

Ilikegbastuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds can connect to the internet but when I try to configure the ds internet settings, it can't find my router, so I can't use this untill I figure this out.

Headshotnoby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Venezuela
My 3ds can connect to the internet but when I try to configure the ds internet settings, it can't find my router, so I can't use this untill I figure this out.
your router most likely uses WPA/WPA2 password protection which the DS doesn't support. you have a few choices: create a guest wifi on the router where only your DS can connect, using WEP password or no password, or set up hotspot wifi on your phone.

if you set up a hotspot on your phone, you must disconnect from 5 GHz wifi and use either 2.4 GHz wifi or mobile data

Ilikegbastuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your router most likely uses WPA/WPA2 password protection which the DS doesn't support. you have a few choices: create a guest wifi on the router where only your DS can connect, using WEP password or no password, or set up hotspot wifi on your phone.

if you set up a hotspot on your phone, you must disconnect from 5 GHz wifi and use either 2.4 GHz wifi or mobile data
I'll try that, thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto