Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
684 is the best page on this entire website - i've felt compelled to like nearly every post on here. Well done Wiiflovians(?)

You know how I hate to repeat myself, but I have to respond to some of the xenophobia and jingoism larking about with a trite and pithy riposte.
To whit: a sourceflow (i.e. a coverflow of sources) would remove all this hassle and palava, because it would just be another coverflow, with internally downloadable region based covers (GameTDB), and as customisable as any other 'flow.

Also, for all you source menu haters, it will render the source menu defunct, and free up all that memory. Nom nom nom.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
And this is a modded WF dol rev 980-mod
Changes:
Now with full on the fly mios detection, no need for ini lines or conflicts from 3rd party mios installations
Now displays banner download success/failure
on the fly mios installation progress bar is back

No need for a full pack since only the wf dol got updated
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7mwahmptydt0z1/boot.dol

Also found in extracted pack​

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing around with theme idea's. was wondering if theme gods can answer this. covers, i would like my covers to "open" showing front an back. i really don't like the flipping any more.(never been a fan of that.). also when pressing + and - on cover makes them skip a certain amount, can i get those instead to go alphabetic. (makes searching a little easier for some.). or are these hard coded. if hard coded no worry's. grreat work as always. thanks guy's

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... pressing + and - on cover makes them skip a certain amount, can i get those instead to go alphabetic. (makes searching a little easier for some.)...
That's actually not a bad idea shortz. My friends and family get the holding B and using D-pad mixed up every so often resulting in changing my flow music.
+1

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this is a modded WF dol rev 980-mod
Changes:​
Now with full on the fly mios detection, no need for ini lines or conflicts from 3rd party mios installations​
Now displays banner download success/failure​
on the fly mios installation progress bar is back​
No need for a full pack since only the wf dol got updated​
Also found in extracted pack​
Just tried it. Homebrew and plugins won't launch! I think you might have caught whatever Fledge68 had :P

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with "Force cIOS" option "on"?
Did a dirty update, so the settings weren't touched. Guess that was the problem. made a fresh ini and all is well. Been reluctant to do so ever since I started having problems with no ini on fresh install and code dumps. But that looks to be fixed now.

fledge68 Maybe I missed it, but where is the"use source yes/no" button?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Did a dirty update, so the settings weren't touched. Guess that was the problem. made a fresh ini and all is well. Been reluctant to do so ever since I started having problems with no ini on fresh install and code dumps. But that looks to be fixed now.

fledge68 Maybe I missed it, but where is the"use source yes/no" button?
in boot or startup settings

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am missing something, How do I put wii GC flows with the plugins?

Can I have a Source Button that shows all my Games Combined Wii, GC, EMU, Etc. But Only Favorites?

Can I Have Different Source Buttons For SD Homebrew/USB Homebrew?

Flowheads sounds way better than Wiiflowians.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's actually not a bad idea shortz. My friends and family get the holding B and using D-pad mixed up every so often resulting in changing my flow music.
+1
@shortz

b_lr_mode=no

b+lr change music
b+ud move alpha
-+ move page left/right

b_lr_mode=yes

b+lr move page left/right
b+ud move alpha
-+ change music

drakorex havent added it yet and dont want to add it to startup settings cause it doesn't really belong there. the best option is to add another page to config but dont really want to do that.

edit: getting tired of GBATemp screwing up my post. when i reply. its supposed to say

@short1994 and ToddofWar420 there's a little unknown option in wiiflow.ini called b_lr_mode that might help.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
- Added Auto MIOS installing for GC/QF games.

Thanks fledge68. Time to update I think (still on 617). I would at this point say sorry to stfour for completely ditching postloader, however it is my daughter's loader of choice on the Wii in her bedroom, so thanks also to stfour.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, quick question, I dunno if this has been asked before or not, but is it possible, to program a button or option within wiiflow that can toggle the Wii's widescreen setting from the setting menu and possible the internet connection of the 3 that is to be selected?

The reason I ask, is that I often bring my Wii to a few of my friends houses, and one of them still has a standard def non widescreen tv, which still looks and plays fine enough, but the Wii is a bit slow to navigate through its settings, and it would be easier and quicker if i could just toggle those setting while I'm on the way to playing my game as opposed to having to go to the settings, back to the main menu, and then into the wiiflow channel.

I don't even know if thats possible or if its been asked before, but I think its a really cool idea that could really make this thing even more amazing.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you'd ever like to see a wip sourceflow, and potentially replace the source menu, now is the last chance to say so.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/last-chance-for-sourceflow-100-useless-wiiflow-dev.353440/#post-4753655

It's been emotional
*Manhugs*

I would say no. an the reason why is. it would take up more space in the memory. an while it could take 1-2 hours to write a code for. those one or two hours could be to have wiiflow have it's own internet browser.( not just a plug in, but a full blown wiiflow browser). or make it more stable, find the memory leak that's been plaguing wiiflow. i can keep going. not to knock what your wanting to do,it does sound cool/nice. but even by your own admission, not a lot of us use source. so in my mind this would be a waste of time, that could be spent doing the other things i mentioned.
If the past developer that said "it would only take a good coder 1-2 hrs to write." . well get to coding, or is this coder saying," hey i'm not as good as i thought i was, an i can't do it." i like the source menu with it's homebrew channel look, they might be icons,an not covers. but in all reality how long do you think people sit an watch/look at the source menu. (me when i use it, it's like 2-3 mill seconds, just long enough to get to were i'm going.) besides wiiflow already starts at a coverflow.( the last area/game you played.).
For me, i would like to see no buttons in coverflow.(i.e. settings/fav..ect.) well my be just the one, an get rid of the source menu all together. most of the other buttons can be found on other pagers. the one button i would keep is the switch button,( gc/nand/plug in.) just use that one button.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Reformatted by me:
I would say no. an the reason why is.
it would take up more space in the memory.
an while it could take 1-2 hours to write a code for. those one or two hours could be to have wiiflow have it's own internet browser.( not just a plug in, but a full blown wiiflow browser).
or make it more stable, find the memory leak that's been plaguing wiiflow.
i can keep going. not to knock what your wanting to do,it does sound cool/nice. but even by your own admission, not a lot of us use source.so in my mind this would be a waste of time, that could be spent doing the other things i mentioned.
If the past developer that said "it would only take a good coder 1-2 hrs to write." . well get to coding, or is this coder saying," hey i'm not as good as i thought i was, an i can't do it."

i like the source menu with it's homebrew channel look, they might be icons,an not covers. but in all reality how long do you think people sit an watch/look at the source menu. (me when i use it, it's like 2-3 mill seconds, just long enough to get to were i'm going.) besides wiiflow already starts at a coverflow.( the last area/game you played.).

For me, i would like to see no buttons in coverflow.(i.e. settings/fav..ect.) well my be just the one, an get rid of the source menu all together. most of the other buttons can be found on other pagers. the one button i would keep is the switch button,( gc/nand/plug in.) just use that one button.

Thanks for your input, I just have a couple of corrections to make there:)
I have made no admission that 'not a lot of use source', on the contrary, I think the majority of users do - just not everyone. In fact, you use it, if only for 2-3 milliseconds(!)
I should say that the unnamed developer is a current member of the team, just isn't working on wiiflow at the moment, i'll quote directly: - "There is plenty of room for more code, the space required has nothing to do with the memory issues".
Can i ask, in reality, how long do you look at the coverflow for? If you're just picking games, why not use postloader- it's quicker? I suspect you use Wiiflow because of the visual environment it provides - that environment is not used in the 2D source menu.
I find that your assertion that a whole new browser could be programmed in 1-2 hours unlikely at best - and why would wiiflow even need one? - There's a plugin in development based on Wiibrowser, btw.

I understand that there are always going to be priorities that have to be decided upon, and people are always going to have different priorities but I would point out that I have been pushing for this for over a year, and a lot of wiiflow development has passed in that time. This is not about an extra paint job, a cherry on the top - this is about the source menu catching up with the rest of wiiflow and finally, seamlesly fitting in.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
A poll to find out how wiiflow users get around wiiflow, hopefully finding out how many use the source menu, if there's any call for a sourceflow, and particularly, an opportunity for users who don't use the source menu to share how they actually get around...

http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-i-prefer-to-get-around-wiiflow-poll.353589/

The conversation is already quite stimulating! Your discourse is cordially welcomed....

n.b. the sourceflow barrage will end shortly, and indefinitely. Thank you for your patience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9