JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I didn't change the original source or anything, I just recompiled it.
Sorry, but I take this opportunity to ask you something, so I remove all my doubt

Probably is the same thing who I make.
- i make a new installation of devkitpro.
- i add Libwiilight: http://wiibrew.org/w...ht#Installation
- i compile wiimod with no problems.

My question is: update of libfat to R4883 is made by devkitpro installer or this must be do in manual mode?
Who I can verufy the version of libfat?

excuse me for this "OffTopic".
Here are the steps you would follow:
  1. Download DevkitProUpdater and update everything related to the Wii with it
  2. Open Command Prompt in the Wii Mod source directory, type "make", and press Enter
The end. :)

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
  2. Open Command Prompt in the Wii Mod source directory, type "make", and press Enter
Ok, I just made this, and I compile without any problems.
The question is: where i can verify the version of the libfat (if is really 4883).
But probably is not useful this verify: I'm creating problems that do not exist..

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I just made this, and I compile without any problems.
The question is: where i can verify the version of the libfat (if is really 4883).
But probably is not useful this verify: I'm creating problems that do not exist..
IDK, I just use the version in libogc.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I've tweaked the icon so it doesn't look terrible in the HBC. The sheen was going outside the letters which made it look jagged.
z74i0.png

I also darkened the color of "Wii" because it looks better IMO.

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone it's been a while since my last release unfortunately it's because my computer died on me. But anyways I'm all fixed up now and was able to recover all my old stuff. So here is a new release with a shiny new icon thanks to Joostin. Some of the changes in the new release are: Any region changer has been changed so as to only allow language choices supported by the selected region, which makes it a little safer to change the region settings. Also I cleaned up how titles and wads are removed, hopefully this will have less problems. Added some missing IOS's hashes thanks to kylster and Joostin. Also thanks to Joostin's work, korean wii's that have been region changed will show up as a warning now. Also it will warn these users about other possible bricks that korean wii can have. Now compiling with the latest devkit so new Wiimotes should be fixed :) and some other goodies. So here is Wii Mod v3.1.

Download:http://www.mediafire.com/?jcxr43ek034g309
Looks like I forgot about the metadata, quickchange

Changelog since 3.0 :
Code:
Added missing ios hashes thanks to kylster and Joostin
Removed 3.3k nus option from system menu installs
Region changer now only allows languages supported by the region
Fixed app loader glitch going back up dir
Now detects region changed korean wiis and warns of bricks thanks to Joostin
Combined Wad_Uninstall and Uninstall_FromTitle
Now compiled with devkitPPC 25 and libogc 1.8.10, fixes new Wiimotes

Reactions: 2 people

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone it's been a while since my last release unfortunately it's because my computer died on me. But anyways I'm all fixed up now and was able to recover all my old stuff. So here is a new release with a shiny new icon thanks to Joostin. Some of the changes in the new release are: Any region changer has been changed so as to only allow language choices supported by the selected region, which makes it a little safer to change the region settings. Also I cleaned up how titles and wads are removed, hopefully this will have less problems. Added some missing IOS's hashes thanks to kylster and Joostin. Also thanks to Joostin's work, korean wii's that have been region changed will show up as a warning now. Also it will warn these users about other possible bricks that korean wii can have. Now compiling with the latest devkit so new Wiimotes should be fixed :) and some other goodies. So here is Wii Mod v3.1.

Download:http://www.mediafire...slmuono1rsj9w8y

Changelog since 3.0 :
Code:

RE the warning for region changed Korean Wii's. Does it warn you when you first start Wii Mod? Or when? I almost pm'd you that same idea a week ago, but I was trying to implement it on my own prior and due to time restraints wasn't able to.

-Erik

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RE the warning for region changed Korean Wii's. Does it warn you when you first start Wii Mod? Or when? I almost pm'd you that same idea a week ago, but I was trying to implement it on my own prior and due to time restraints wasn't able to.

-Erik
Just tested it on a RC'd Korean Wii... it warns you when you go into the "System Menu" section from the main menu.

Reactions: 1 person

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

Download:http://www.mediafire...slmuono1rsj9w8y

Changelog since 3.0 :
Code:
Glad to see you back Jskyboo, the changes are a welcome and in some cases needed additions to the arsenal of Wii hacking weapons which is WiiMod.

Just tried 3.1 with DisableSetAHBPROT=1 to see if it fixes USB, I don't see that you updated anything related to that anyway but just wanted to let you know that so far 2.7 is still the only one that works with my USB lol, I know i sound like a broken record sorry but maybe you can trace down the changes that broke USB support for some of us somewhere along the way, in turn I won't need to use any other wad manager in my opinion ;-)

Again glad to see you out here again man and hope to see more from you soon.

Edit: I do use 3.0 and now 3.1 with my SD card by the way just not USB.

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see you back Jskyboo, the changes are a welcome and in some cases needed additions to the arsenal of Wii hacking weapons which is WiiMod.

Just tried 3.1 with DisableSetAHBPROT=1 to see if it fixes USB, I don't see that you updated anything related to that anyway but just wanted to let you know that so far 2.7 is still the only one that works with my USB lol, I know i sound like a broken record sorry but maybe you can trace down the changes that broke USB support for some of us somewhere along the way, in turn I won't need to use any other wad manager in my opinion ;-)

Yeah I'm not really sure what is wrong with USB. Unfortunately the changes that have been made since 2.7 that deal with how wad manager reads may not be able to be reverted. I think its related to a change in some of the wad manager code that only works on the old devkit but I'm still not sure. It does also seem to not like SetAHBPROT. It's not really clear so for now I only put in that one change you tested for me back in Dec that you said thought was working a little better. Other than that I'm gonna have to push that off to another version.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah I'm not really sure what is wrong with USB. Unfortunately the changes that have been made since 2.7 that deal with how wad manager reads may not be able to be reverted. I think its related to a change in some of the wad manager code that only works on the old devkit but I'm still not sure. It does also seem to not like SetAHBPROT. It's not really clear so for now I only put in that one change you tested for me back in Dec that you said thought was working a little better. Other than that I'm gonna have to push that off to another version.
I hear you on that man, so no problem, I know you're aware of it and I have no doubt that somewhere along the way you'll come across what the issue is, maybe one of the other devs might be able to help out too who knows. Take it easy and enjoy your Sunday Jsky.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

-Erik
He's been working on it since I released the (extremely simple albeit) code to check the region of the serial number in setting.txt, which can't be changed through Any Region Changer (or mod of it).

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-Erik
He's been working on it since I released the (extremely simple albeit) code to check the region of the serial number in setting.txt, which can't be changed through Any Region Changer (or mod of it).

I never even saw that. I was working on implementing WiiCrazy's MiiKorean into it. But you found a much easier way to check obviously :) Good work guys.

-Erik

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
need a re-up, im getting invalid or deleted file

Never mind, used original post instead of quoted and works fine

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Is the boot.elf needed and why is it included in sd folder?
It's only needed for exploits, you can delete it from apps/wiimod/
I used to rename MMM.elf to boot.elf and use it in exploits however, WiiMod3.elf didn't work this way (sometimes it works just once and most of the time I get black screen) I'll try this new elf to see if it's ok.
Thanks RedBoy ;)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Is the boot.elf needed and why is it included in sd folder?
It's only needed for exploits, you can delete it from apps/wiimod/
Just tried 3.1.elf same black screen.
Here's what I'm doing in case you want to reproduce the problem:
1. I use this Zantzue Rescue DVD channel
(http://www.mediafire...harot2eue8cr54g)
This is a channel with ID: HAXX that forwards to sd:\boot.elf
What I like about it is the fact that Zantzue made a Autoboot-DVD that calls this channel (handy in semibrick situations)
2.So MMM.elf renamed to boot.elf works like a charm here.
3.Wiimod.elf including last one runs fine in priiloader but not using this method.
rem: this channel starts with IOS 58 if that matters.
Any feedback is welcomed.
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/8wi6dnzLcZ0?si=5zWGTK0CMXO3DJcb +2