Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Now this is the problem:

I can see my HDD (disabling AHBPROT) but only with IOS58 loaded.
IOS58 hasn't trucha bug to install pirate wads.
I can't modify IOS58 because I got a nice up side dowm HBC XD
I tried installing IOS58 as cIOS in 222, but doesn't work...
Drag this on ModMii.exe:
http://www.mediafire...amr9c9o4f0djrdp
It will patch IOS58 and change the slot to 248.
It's the same process as installing a cIOS with base 58 right?
To be honest I have no idea how use ModMii =P
No, it's not the same. This would be like you patching IOS58 with Wii Mod. All you have to do is download ModMii, then drag that bat file onto ModMii.exe. It will create a wad file for you which you can install without loading 249. Once it is installed, add this line to your config file:
Code:
AutoLoadIOS=248

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
What I mean is, in WiiMod you can create a cIOS for example 248 that contain IOS58. Not patch IOS58, just clone it it other slot (248 for example)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
What I mean is, in WiiMod you can create a cIOS for example 248 that contain IOS58. Not patch IOS58, just clone it it other slot (248 for example)
Yeah, but this also patches it. You can do it with Wii Mod if you want, this is just easier since everything is done automatically.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Yeah, but this also patches it. You can do it with Wii Mod if you want, this is just easier since everything is done automatically.
What patches I need?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OriginalHamster Well it seems I am a bit late. So have you already resolved your issues with usb? What did you do when you said "(I fixed the spin down btw)"??

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
@OriginalHamster Well it seems I am a bit late. So have you already resolved your issues with usb? What did you do when you said "(I fixed the spin down btw)"??
No, I haven't fixed it yet, oh it is just my HDD had spin down feature by factory, I thought it could be the cause, but it doesn't.
I wonder if the problem is due FAT32/NTFS partition...

Drag this on ModMii.exe:
http://www.mediafire...amr9c9o4f0djrdp
It will patch IOS58 and change the slot to 248.

I have that slot reserved for USB Loader =/, both IOS248 (base 56) and IOS249 (base 57), I tried to make an IOS250 with 58 as base, because 58 is the one that works to load USB. But I'm not sure if that will make the trick. I just need the exact 58 cloned in other slot...

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
@[member='OriginalHamster'] Well it seems I am a bit late. So have you already resolved your issues with usb? What did you do when you said "(I fixed the spin down btw)"??
No, I haven't fixed it yet, oh it is just my HDD had spin down feature by factory, I thought it could be the cause, but it doesn't.
Why would you have two partitions? It's stupid to not just use FAT32, unless you have giant files on your HDD that your Wii can't use.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
@[member='OriginalHamster'] Well it seems I am a bit late. So have you already resolved your issues with usb? What did you do when you said "(I fixed the spin down btw)"??
Why would you have two partitions? It's stupid to not just use FAT32, unless you have giant files on your HDD that your Wii can't use.
I share the HDD with my brother, and he has PC games with big files.
Anyway, now I getting a message "Error: Failed to get TMD size", why!!!

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the problem is because of the partitions. I've tested that setup and I don't think it makes a difference. Some others have reported having problems with usb, I'm looking into it but not sure if I will have a fix in the next release. Do past versions work for you for usb?

The failed to get tmd size is a general error. Sometimes it's because of a bad title, other times it can be a messed up IOS. Is it always the same tid?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I don't think the problem is because of the partitions. I've tested that setup and I don't think it makes a difference. Some others have reported having problems with usb, I'm looking into it but not sure if I will have a fix in the next release. Do past versions work for you for usb?

The failed to get tmd size is a general error. Sometimes it's because of a bad title, other times it can be a messed up IOS. Is it always the same tid?
Just tested v2.9 and I have the same problem.
To make it clear, I have access to the HDD with AHBPROT disabled and default IOS58, it fail when I reload another IOS, in fact now that I remember once I reload IOS249, then reload IOS58 again and couldn't get access to the HDD (strange), maybe it's a problem with reloading IOS code?
Maybe AHBPROT activate itself again after a reload?
Maybe it has to do with USB port0 and port1? (my HDD is in port0 the one at the bottom when Wii is horizontal, altough I test it in port1 too and had no luck)

I know that IOS249 for example only support port0, IOS58 support both ports.

BTW I get rid off the corrupted IOS250, now I don't get that message =D

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

Just tested v2.9 and I have the same problem.
To make it clear, I have access to the HDD with AHBPROT disabled and default IOS58, it fail when I reload another IOS, in fact now that I remember once I reload IOS249, then reload IOS58 again and couldn't get access to the HDD (strange), maybe it's a problem with reloading IOS code?
Maybe AHBPROT activate itself again after a reload?
Maybe it has to do with USB port0 and port1? (my HDD is in port0 the one at the bottom when Wii is horizontal, altough I test it in port1 too and had no luck)

I know that IOS249 for example only support port0, IOS58 support both ports.

BTW I get rid off the corrupted IOS250, now I don't get that message =D

OriginalHamster try out WiiMod 2.7. I have similar issues where the USB disconnects when attempting to use WAD Manager and I have a 2 partition setup as well fat/ntfs. WiiMod 2.7 seems to work w/no issues for my USB, try it out until Jskyboo finds a fix in a future release and let us know if you're still having similar issues.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I didn't change the original source or anything, I just recompiled it.
Sorry, but I take this opportunity to ask you something, so I remove all my doubt

Probably is the same thing who I make.
- i make a new installation of devkitpro.
- i add Libwiilight: http://wiibrew.org/w...ht#Installation
- i compile wiimod with no problems.

My question is: update of libfat to R4883 is made by devkitpro installer or this must be do in manual mode?
Who I can verufy the version of libfat?

excuse me for this "OffTopic".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share