Hacking Wii Mod

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Lol, you were right. I had forgotten I even had the channel installed. I only uninstalled 252 last night because I was doing some testing for XFlak. This make so much more sense. I've been trying to figure out the cause all day. Once I have a solution, would you like me to post it?

As for 253, it's quite similar to cBoot252, except its purpose is for launching *NEEK without messing with your bootmii folder.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=290489&hl=
If you wanna try to write the solution, go ahead. I already know what the code would be to check if the IOS is official, im just still debating if that's what I want to do. I may go with a different approach. So if you want to fix it yourself, sure post what you did once you got it working, but I'll still have to decide if that's what I want to do with Wii Mod.

Hmm, ok I'll add that hash into the next release, sounds like something a lot of people use.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
jskyboo said:
JoostinOnline said:
Lol, you were right. I had forgotten I even had the channel installed. I only uninstalled 252 last night because I was doing some testing for XFlak. This make so much more sense. I've been trying to figure out the cause all day. Once I have a solution, would you like me to post it?

As for 253, it's quite similar to cBoot252, except its purpose is for launching *NEEK without messing with your bootmii folder.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=290489&hl=If you wanna try to write the solution, go ahead. I already know what the code would be to check if the IOS is official, im just still debating if that's what I want to do. I may go with a different approach. So if you want to fix it yourself, sure post what you did once you got it working, but I'll still have to decide if that's what I want to do with Wii Mod.

Hmm, ok I'll add that hash into the next release, sounds like something a lot of people use.

For now I took the lazy way out and limited the search from 3 to 80. I made mention in the source about how lazy and sloppy that is too, and I intend to come up with something better.

After considering it, I agree that ignoring it might not be a good decision. Maybe you could set the banner to another color (orange for example) if an unofficial IOS is required but missing.

Btw, I'm adding this to video.c so users can see errors/confirmations when there is a legend:
CODE
void SetToNoticePosition() {
ÂÂÂÂ// Use this if there is a chance of some sort of notification
ÂÂÂÂ// appearing so it will fit in the window.
ÂÂÂÂConsole_SetPosition(ConsoleRows - 10, 0);
}
It won't work everywhere and, I still need to add it to a lot of places, but at least people will be able to see them.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I have another suggestion. When installing a SM, I think wiimod should use if(!isIOSStub(IOS)) where IOS is the needed slot, instead of if(hasIOS). That way it won't force you to overwrite a patched IOS that you may have installed.

I'll be adding it to BLIND either way, but you are a much better coder than I am so I was hoping you would take a crack at it.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I made a new icon. Gfx aren't my strongest point, so I don't know if you will want to use it. I won't be offended if you don't. I'm also open to any suggestions:

Just click on the image to download the original png.
This is awesome; I'm definitely going to replace it my old one.
Thanks, glad to hear you like it. :D

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another suggestion. When installing a SM, I think wiimod should use if(!isIOSStub(IOS)) where IOS is the needed slot, instead of if(hasIOS). That way it won't force you to overwrite a patched IOS that you may have installed.

I'll be adding it to BLIND either way, but you are a much better coder than I am so I was hoping you would take a crack at it.
I know we've already spoken on this but for those that aren't you and me and privy to our pms, I have a different idea for this that will be in 3.0.

I made a new icon. Gfx aren't my strongest point, so I don't know if you will want to use it. I won't be offended if you don't. I'm also open to any suggestions:

Just click on the image to download the original png.
I like it, going into 3.0 unless that is something better comes up between now and then. I also am not a graphic artist which is why I haven't bothered to make something in mspaint and which is why I won't be picking this apart. But if others do want to submit ideas the icon is not yet set in stone.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I also am not a graphic artist which is why I haven't bothered to make something in mspaint and which is why I won't be picking this apart.
I guess I wasn't clear before, but while gfx aren't my strongest point, I do enjoy working on things, especially icons. I've made quite a few, although I haven't shared most of them. If you have any suggestions or requests, I'd love to hear them. I'm running out of ideas for BLIND (you covered just about everything in Wii Mod) so I have more free time.

I made six versions of the icon, but the last one turned out the best IMO. If you want to look at the others, download them here:
http://www.mediafire...bvpeh7vca6unaxg

I also wouldn't mind starting over from scratch if you have any ideas. I love a challenge, so the pickier you are, the better. I may not be able to meet every request, but that doesn't mean I don't want to hear them.

Btw, if any other devs want to request icons, I'll be starting a thread for it.
Edit: Icons and screenshots for developers

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I'm gonna make this quick since you all know how this goes. Lots of new features (onlyCheckIOSOnDemand, check IOS < 28 override, install system menu from wad, and more), lots of bug fixes(IOS 3 not showing, fetching system menu info bug, wad manager now skips mac os x metadata files, and more), merged many changes added to BLIND by Joostin, also thanks to Joostin Wii Mod has an icon, lots more things here and there. So here is Wii Mod v3.0.

Download:http://www.mediafire...cam0ztcwb1qfydd

Changelog since 2.9 :
Code:
Fixed bug fetching region for some system menus that was introduced in 2.9
Fixed IOS 3 not showing in IOS menu
Changed so if it crashes it will reboot in 5 seconds
Fixed some issues with install cios
Changed batch wad (un)/installs so it says what # its on
Added support for IOS 253 bootsneek so check IOS doesn't choke on it
Wad Manager no longer lists mac os x metadata files(._ files)
changed wad manager so it reloads AutoLoadIOS on install if AutoLoadOnInstall
is set
Added option onlyCheckIOSOnDemand, if set it'll only check IOSs when called
from the check IOS menu
Added option on Check IOS menu, if you have AHBPROT it will check IOS < 28
instead of skipping them, this may make you lose AHBPROT depending on the
patches you have applied.
During system menu installs it checks if you have the correct IOS it now
will check the permissions of the IOS if you haven't run Check IOS yet.
Merged some changes from BLIND
Can now change System Menu to run on IOS

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Great job, can't wait to take a look at the code. :D

Edit: Lol, you suck jskyboo. You made so many changes to v3.0 so it's going to take me a long time to adapt to your changes. I'm starting to think it would be easier to add BLIND changes to v3.0 instead of the other way around. WHY MUST YOU BE SO SMART?!?!?!? :glare:

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE(JoostinOnline @ Sep 29 2011, 06:28 PM)

http://gbatemp.net/i...opic=290489&hl=If you wanna try to write the solution, go ahead. I already know what the code would be to check if the IOS is official, im just still debating if that's what I want to do. I may go with a different approach. So if you want to fix it yourself, sure post what you did once you got it working, but I'll still have to decide if that's what I want to do with Wii Mod.

For now I took the lazy way out and limited the search from 3 to 80. I made mention in the source about how lazy and sloppy that is too, and I intend to come up with something better.

After considering it, I agree that ignoring it might not be a good decision. Maybe you could set the banner to another color (orange for example) if an unofficial IOS is required but missing.
I like the orange color idea for this situation, great for many uses and situations oh and the icon is dope bro.

Great job with the app like always it's one of my fave apps both on "real" and "neek" nand.
agreed. Love the app and merging c252 for support is awesome, hope joostinonline decides to incorporate changes into wiimod 3.0. Thanks for all your hard work everyone.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I like the orange color idea for this situation, great for many uses and situations oh and the icon is dope bro.
Thanks. Any suggestions on the icon? I wish someone would either request a new icon in the thread I started (see my sig) or suggest improvements. It feels too easy, lol.

Great job with the app like always it's one of my fave apps both on "real" and "neek" nand.
agreed. Love the app and merging c252 for support is awesome, hope joostinonline decides to incorporate changes into wiimod 3.0. Thanks for all your hard work everyone.
I plan to, jskyboo just made lots of changes to the functions and general layout (for the better, no criticism at all) so moving everything over is going to take some time.

Reactions: 1 person

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys keep up the great work :) that's all that matters; time and perfection: one-and-the-same.

Offtopic: Will having IOS253 effect compatibility with olders Wii with boot2 exploit?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright I'm gonna make this quick since you all know how this goes. Lots of new features (onlyCheckIOSOnDemand, check IOS < 28 override, install system menu from wad, and more), lots of bug fixes(IOS 3 not showing, fetching system menu info bug, wad manager now skips mac os x metadata files, and more), merged many changes added to BLIND by Joostin, also thanks to Joostin Wii Mod has an icon, lots more things here and there. So here is Wii Mod v3.0.

Download:http://www.mediafire...cam0ztcwb1qfydd
Jskyboo still getting an error when reading from USB for WAD Manager and apploader. Loading wiimod from USB w/forwarder on SM. I didn't get an opportunity to use 2.9 before 3.0 came out so I used your latest release. I entered DisableSetAHBPROT=1 to use it and changed it to cIOS236. It freezes for about a minute before it tells me
Code:
Mounting Device please wait.....ok!
Retrieving file list.... failed to diropen usb:/
So far 2.7 seems the way to go if I want to use my USB exclusively and since I have boot2 inserting the SD card is fine with me but it becomes a pain with bootmii and renaming. Any other suggestions I can try to get my USB working with 3.0? Maybe settting AutoLoadIOS to 236 or anything else? And don't get me wrong I think you're doing great with WiiMod and where it's going. I would just love to have the USB functionality back to where it used to be ;-)

jskyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad all of you are liking the new release. Joostin, I'm sorry for your problem but changes were needed. And unfortunately :D there will be more changes to come.

kylster I'm not sure what you mean with your question about IOS253.

Jskyboo still getting an error when reading from USB for WAD Manager and apploader. Loading wiimod from USB w/forwarder on SM. I didn't get an opportunity to use 2.9 before 3.0 came out so I used your latest release. I entered DisableSetAHBPROT=1 to use it and changed it to cIOS236. It freezes for about a minute before it tells me
Code:
Mounting Device please wait.....ok!
Retrieving file list.... failed to diropen usb:/
So far 2.7 seems the way to go if I want to use my USB exclusively and since I have boot2 inserting the SD card is fine with me but it becomes a pain with bootmii and renaming. Any other suggestions I can try to get my USB working with 3.0? Maybe settting AutoLoadIOS to 236 or anything else? And don't get me wrong I think you're doing great with WiiMod and where it's going. I would just love to have the USB functionality back to where it used to be ;-)
Well I don't know what's going on because it's working with my USB drive both 2.9 and 3.0. Would you mind doing some testing for the next release? Maybe we'll be able to figure out what's wrong. How about anyone else, does USB work for you with DisableSetAHBPROT=1 set?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Glad all of you are liking the new release. Joostin, I'm sorry for your problem but changes were needed. And unfortunately :D there will be more changes to come.
Well as long as you are sorry. :rolleyes: Seriously, I'm gonna put a price on your head if you keep making me look bad (and if I get the money), lol. On a totally unrelated note, can I borrow several thousand dollars?

Well I don't know what's going on because it's working with my USB drive both 2.9 and 3.0. Would you mind doing some testing for the next release? Maybe we'll be able to figure out what's wrong. How about anyone else, does USB work for you with DisableSetAHBPROT=1 set?
It's happened to me a couple times during testing BLIND, but it wasn't frequent.

PS: Are you ever going to tell me what you want changed for the icon?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was referencing this; but it's cool I was aiming more at JoostinOnline since I think he is very familiar with it.

You app is amazing though :) just changed from daily

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I was referencing this; but it's cool I was aiming more at JoostinOnline since I think he is very familiar with it.

You app is amazing though :) just changed from daily

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro