Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iNFiNiTY said:
nutella said:
Honestly, the biggest problem would be trying to play pirated games online. If I ever get a 3DS, I'll be buying my games from now on, regardless of hacks or exploits.

Are you ignoring the problem of uh... PLAYING THE GAMES AT ALL? Is everyone on this forum retarded? Why is the discussion about possible storage formats and such when there's no evidence it can even be hacked at all? It's pointless. Really this whole forum should be shut until theres something to discuss.
Absolutely not. I've actually been an advocate of the idea that the 3DS will not be hacked for years, if at all. And when it does, if it does, it may not even be worth it all. Sure, there's no evidence it can be hacked at all, but that's the point of exploring. What I do know, however, is that whatever Nintendo can do server side is completely out of our hands. Again, to make it clear. I know there's know evidence of any exploits yet, of course. But, assuming for a moment that we can run unsigned code on the 3DS and pirate 3DS games like the OP is assuming, storage will not be the issue, but going online will be as this can easily be stopped by Nintendo, ala the PS3 and XBOX360.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Wolvenreign said:
Hey folks.

Well, it seems speculation is flying back and forth with speculation on whether or not the 3DS will be hackacracked in the same fashion the DS was, and whether or not a fountain of R4 clones will burst forth from the geyser of piracy known as teh interwebz.

I'd just like to put my 2 cents down on the matter; regardless of whether the 3DS is hacked soon or a long time from now, we will still have to wait for the new generation of memory cards. Thus far, we have been using storage devices such as MicroSD and MicroSDHC (High Capacity). However, the maximum size for a MicroSDHC card is 32 GBs, whereas your standard 3DS game is 2 gigabytes. This means that one will be able to hold a maximum of 16 (if that) games on one SDHC card! Pretty cramped in comparison to our current options, wouldn't you say?

Anyway, yeah, just letting this out there. 'Till Next Time!

-Wreign
You meen MAXIMUM not STANDARD.
The max DS card size is 512MB but no-one used up that much (that i know of)
The first DS games took up only like 32MB or something.
That is likely to be the case with 3DS games aswell.
Get your facts right...

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's not a problem for me. Assuming we even have to allocate 2gb for each game, 16 games on a 32gb stick is more than enough, unless the world ends before I can get back to my computer to switch files.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iNFiNiTY said:
nutella said:
Honestly, the biggest problem would be trying to play pirated games online. If I ever get a 3DS, I'll be buying my games from now on, regardless of hacks or exploits.

Are you ignoring the problem of uh... PLAYING THE GAMES AT ALL? Is everyone on this forum retarded? Why is the discussion about possible storage formats and such when there's no evidence it can even be hacked at all? It's pointless. Really this whole forum should be shut until theres something to discuss.

People should be able to discuss whatever crazy things they want, as long as it doesn't offend someone reasonable. It isn't as if the forum has a limited number of characters that can be used to discuss things. I think you should just stay out of the discussion until you have something non-insulting to contribute.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
Get your facts right...
Are you sure it maximum?

idulkoan

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
FireGrey said:
Get your facts right...
Are you sure it maximum?
I do not think it is maximum. Its 2 gb at launch, and it can/will go up to 8 gb

idulkoan

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
iNFiNiTY said:
nutella said:

Every System gets hacks/cracked now and then. Just because it won't be cracked at launch, doesn't mean it will NEV3R be cracked. Chill dude thats why it says we might hav to wait a couple of years, cause these things take time. The PS3 was never going to get cracked, and it did

Coconuts 500

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use an 8 GiB USB stick for my Wii USB Loading. That's plenty enough for me. It can hold about 6-8 games on average. The 3DS games will not be bigger than Wii games, due to the lower screen resolution. Textures and the like take up most of the space. As soon as they find a way to "scrub" or shrink the 3DS games (i e removing all the dummy data) they will become much smaller.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
I hate people wanting to put 100+ games on a flashcard and barely having time to actually finish any of them as much as everyone, although one might also be putting MEDIA FILES there. Videos can take huge amount of space, especially if they are in 3D... with 800x240 we're talking sizes similar to XviD releases (700 MB / 1.4 Gb, depending on the movie length and desired quality).

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Wolvenreign said:
whereas your standard 3DS game is 2 gigabytes.

Oh, and you know this because of your collection of 3DS roms? 3DS games will be however big they need to be, a wide variety of sizes from small to large depending on the game just like DS games. You'd be able to get plenty of games on a 32gb card, as long as you don't somehow play like 50 games at once.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Coconuts 500 said:
I use an 8 GiB USB stick for my Wii USB Loading. That's plenty enough for me. It can hold about 6-8 games on average. The 3DS games will not be bigger than Wii games, due to the lower screen resolution. Textures and the like take up most of the space. As soon as they find a way to "scrub" or shrink the 3DS games (i e removing all the dummy data) they will become much smaller.

Lol yobro you're an idiot. Smaller screen doesn't mean files are smaller. I can play my Wii on a 12" TV from 2000 if I want to. And compressing them isn't very hard, and I doubt they will become smaller. If they were able to get SSIV on 3DS it had to fully use the capabilities.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Brian10122 said:
Lol yobro you're an idiot. Smaller screen doesn't mean files are smaller.

A lower resolution certainly means that, for instance, video files are going to be smaller.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Brian10122 said:
BlueStar said:
Brian10122 said:

A lower resolution certainly means that, for instance, video files are going to be smaller.

Possibly, but not really. In fact, barely ever.

In fact, it's always the case.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
Brian10122 said:
BlueStar said:
Brian10122 said:

Possibly, but not really. In fact, barely ever.

In fact, it's always the case.

Lol, no. Don't know what you guys are rambling about, don't act like you know this. It depends on how they are rendered, what format, framerate, and resolution plays an extremely small role in it.

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey now, I didn't mean to make such a huge scene or act like I'm really important or factworthy. I just wanted to point at that we might not have the means to put 200+ games on whatever 3DS card that comes out immediately.

Honestly, I started this out even more misinformed. =P I had originally written down 8GBs, but that was coming off of a rumor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.