Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Any usage of CFW and/or homebrew can get you banned.
While in theory possible, just using cfw and homebrew as intended by the atmosphere devs,(Album or by holding R while starting another game), is normally safe for online use though.
It's also how the atmosphere devs intend it to be used, and they go online in cfw themself.
Save game modification and cheating is dependend on the game though, if it's fully offline single player, it's normally safe, if it's using some type of online feature, it might be safe, or depend on what you do. It's also similar for mods offline safe, online depends and possibly not safe.
Nps and xci installations of any kind (even homebrew) is not safe though.

JaySweeps527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made an emunand partition on my sd card and removed my serial number using incognito. On emunand I didn't use 90s DNS and when I went into retroarch I disabled airplane mode to use the joycons but I forgot to delete my internet settings and was connected to wifi. I could tell that I received some news updates on my emunand. I am worried that even though I used incognito on my emunand I might still get banned because I was testing retroarch nsp and crashed sometimes.

Could I still get banned or be flagged for connecting the emunand even with incognito? I figure they could still use my battery number, joycon number or something or use the error logs (I dont know if error logs specify what type of .nsp or app you use). Been playing pokemon online on sysnand a day later and still not banned.
I saw in a different thread that you know how to pull maps from the 3ds games, can you tell me how? There isn't any tutorial on the internet.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I saw in a different thread that you know how to pull maps from the 3ds games, can you tell me how? There isn't any tutorial on the internet.
Sorry to take your hope down, but the member you quoted has logged on here for the last time on January 17th 2020

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
still worth a try, sometimes you get email notification depending on your settings "someone has quoted you"
If he is as important as the guy said, pretty sure he would have been quoted more than once since ove 3 years

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This forum has a bad habit of knocking people for trying things. WTF?
O.o sorry? Wasn't my intention. I just state that the guy hasnt logged in for 3 years... Unless he has another account, because if so, can you tag it here?

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
O.o sorry? Wasn't my intention. I just state that the guy hasnt logged in for 3 years... Unless he has another account, because if so, can you tag it here?
I know it wasn't your intention to start it off like that, others can see it from a different perspective. Like Asia81 said, you would only get a response if you get a 'Person who has quoted your message' notification in the top-right corner next to your username.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, that was established. But someone literally responded that it doesn't hurt to try--which is true.
Sorry again... It's just the way i am, going straigth to the logic... In my mind, if i see the dude hasnt logged in 3 years and he is capable if doing what the guy above is looking for... I conclude that he isnt the first to try to contact him... Plus, i woukd suggest to him to either look somewhere else OR create a thread to get help, since from my point of view, he wont get his answers from the guy he quoted...

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry again... It's just the way i am, going straigth to the logic... In my mind, if i see the dude hasnt logged in 3 years and he is capable if doing what the guy above is looking for... I conclude that he isnt the first to try to contact him... Plus, i woukd suggest to him to either look somewhere else OR create a thread to get help, since from my point of view, he wont get his answers from the guy he quoted...

There's helpful advice in that. Sometimes people will blow off 1,2, or 3 notifications, but pick up on the 4th. Sometimes people screen the messages before considering even logging in to respond. These two could be soulmates for all we know, lol, and @JaySweeps527 happened to find the right words.

Seeking help elsewhere, too, can help increase the chance of finding the solution.

Last edited by tabzer,

Loller123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, have there been cases of bans for people who have done all their "illicit activities" (homebrew, pirated games, etc.) only on their offline emunand (so never going online, not even with incognito), while using their sysnand to play online with legally purchased games?
My idea was to remove the saved Wi-Fi networks on the console, so during the installation of the cfw, the emunand would be offline, and then I intended to re-add the Wi-Fi networks only to the sysnand. I'm not interested in online services for homebrew and other things. I still plan to use incognito etc., for security, but I will never connect to the internet with the emunand.
I'm undecided about installing the cfw or not, and I would like to know the percentage of risk and how many have actually been banned with this modus operandi. Thank you in advance for your response.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello, have there been cases of bans for people who have done all their "illicit activities" (homebrew, pirated games, etc.) only on their offline emunand (so never going online, not even with incognito), while using their sysnand to play online with legally purchased games?
My idea was to remove the saved Wi-Fi networks on the console, so during the installation of the cfw, the emunand would be offline, and then I intended to re-add the Wi-Fi networks only to the sysnand. I'm not interested in online services for homebrew and other things. I still plan to use incognito etc., for security, but I will never connect to the internet with the emunand.
I'm undecided about installing the cfw or not, and I would like to know the percentage of risk and how many have actually been banned with this modus operandi. Thank you in advance for your response.
This is a fine approach. There are no cases that I am aware of, of anyone getting banned. While the absolute fact of the matter is unverifiable, the consensus is virtually unanimous that you won't get banned for doing this way.

Anecdotally, I have done the same kind of setup, except that I do go online with both. The incognito wiped my emuMMC's PRODINFO and Nintendo servers reject making a connection with it outright. It's very convenient to go online with both sides and it hasn't been banned. Nearing 4 years, myself.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch died, sadly (microSD card reader stopped working, a pin from the connector on the motherboard broke off, needed help from someone who could microsolder to fix that, and then my wifi card stopped working, no longer worth trying to fix.) But I went several years online with the "dirty emunand / clean sysnand" setup you describe without being banned. I combined multiple methods to avoid bans, but really incognito alone should be sufficient. Atmosphere's exosphere.ini has a blank_prodinfo_emummc that you may want to consider. Atmosphere also has built-in DNS redirection, which you can use to block emunand from accessing Nintendo servers:
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/features/dns_mitm.md

One advantage of Atmosphere's DNS redirection is that once it's setup right, it'll work on any connection you setup in emummc. You can add and remove internet connections as you please, and you don't have to worry about any additional settings. Alternatively, you can use 90DNS, but in order to do so you'd have to make sure to set up their DNS servers for every connection you add to the Switch. Forget to once while connecting to some public wifi, and you're banned.

There are numerous advantages to having internet access enabled while in emunand. You can use FTP to transfer files to and from your Switch over Wi-Fi. There's a homebrew app store that will let you download and install homebrew from the internet, without needing access to a PC. You can use Themezer-NX to download and install themes directly on your Switch. You can download emulator cores using RetroArch. You can stream your PC games to your Switch using moonlight. And yes, you can download and install games on your Switch using Tinfoil as well. And you can even play many of those games online using tools like switch-lan-play and ldn_mitm.

So while keeping emunand completely offline may technically be safer, many people have used incognito and other methods to prevent bans, but still enjoy using their Switch online. And I was one of those people, for quite a few years.

Zetman

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I Just can say that i played my legit games online for years while not on ams. Once I forgot the wifi on in ams and got istant ban.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol