Hardware Why the [ A ] button of my GAMEPAD stop working

BoxNinPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, does anyone of you know the why of the button [ A ] of a GAMEPAD stop working, and how to fix that, the rest of the buttons and stick are working just fine, but I don't know why the "A" button is not working any more, my gamepad did not falling down, did not got wáter, I don't know the reason, any help?

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I admit, I have not taken apart a gamepad all the way to the core, but it really sounds like it could just be oxidation between the rubber pieces and the contacts on the PCB. When did it stop working, and were you playing a game when it happened or did you notice it upon booting the console up. Was it plugged in? Any occurrences like an electrical outage or anything like that recently?

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if that was a joke post or not, but in all honesty, might not be a bad idea. If that resolves the issue, even just temporarily, it means the moisture in your breath helped bridge the connections between the rubber and the PCB contact. If that's all it is, it's probably a really easy fix to keep it from happening again.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not! It is simply Nintendo! :teach:

one-does-not-simply-turn-on-a-nintendo-without-blowing-in-the-ca.jpg

Reactions: CJB100

BoxNinPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I admit, I have not taken apart a gamepad all the way to the core, but it really sounds like it could just be oxidation between the rubber pieces and the contacts on the PCB. When did it stop working, and were you playing a game when it happened or did you notice it upon booting the console up. Was it plugged in? Any occurrences like an electrical outage or anything like that recently?
It stop working just one day ago, before that everything was fine, I turn on the console and when I was going to star Super Mario 3D World I saw that button was not working, so I go back to the main menú of the Wii U and the same thing not even there, days before was working fine and the game is original disc have not try yet with loadiine gx2 but I supoust it will happen the same things, I notice meanwhile try to play a game, about electrical outge don't think so, the rest are fine, it is just the A button, thanks for your answer...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0