Hacking What if 5.5.2 is a Bomb...???

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, when you buy a product (at least in the US where it is completely legal to screw customers over since we have little consumer protection laws) the hardware itself is yours to own to an extent
[no reverse engineering it and selling a clone,etc] and the software is simply licensed to you. this means that Nintendo has every legal right to make a console stop working software wise when hacks are detected.

Insomniac did this with the Anti-Piracy checks on Spyro 3 (Spyro 2 PAL had it also) and the actual legit discs would not work and error out on a modded PS1. nobody sued Insomniac for not allowing them to play a game they paid money for because their console was modded.

Nintendo could easily make the Wii U one day throw an error message on boot that unauthorized modifications were detected and to shutdown after. Since this would not happen to a console under normal use conditions, Nintendo would be in their legal right to do so.

eyeball226

Trophies
XP
Country
"Oh boo hoo a Business is try to protect one of its main sources of finance, now I wouldn't be able to pirate my games, boo freaking hoo"

That is what this whole "argument/discussion" boils down to, as has been already said you're simply not happy Nintendo is doing something that EVERY console maker does not just Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft regularly release updates for their consoles, and many of those have patched exploits, don't see you throwing a hissy fit at them for their "lack of morals"

Sony and Microsoft aren't the subject of this thread and I don't own any of their hardware anyway. While I don't think anyone in here has thrown a hissy fit, if anyone has come close it would be you. For your sake I hope you're trolling.

Blue Sun

Trophies
Website
bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Do these kinds of patches ever actually enhance the gaming experience and stability? I think they're just covering up the fact that these consoles can be hacked and they don't want another Project M to overtake their games.

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
Sony and Microsoft aren't the subject of this thread and I don't own any of their hardware anyway. While I don't think anyone in here has thrown a hissy fit, if anyone has come close it would be you. For your sake I hope you're trolling.

So telling you you're wrong is throwing a hissy fit? Sure if you say so, not surprising you spout such bs going by every single other post by you in this thread.
As already mentioned you're simply upset by Nintendo patching out the exploit stopping you from pirating games, so you've made up the "moral" bs. Simply say you're not happy, you're not the only one tho no one else is hiding behind subterfuge.

metalsniper63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
im sorry to write this here, but i can not make any new threads. I wanted to play Breath of the Wild, but the game asks me to update THE CONSOLE, what should i do? i already installed Haxchi and CHBC

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sorry to write this here, but i can not make any new threads. I wanted to play Breath of the Wild, but the game asks me to update THE CONSOLE, what should i do? i already installed Haxchi and CHBC
There's a couple of things you can do.

1. If you have HaxChi you're fine to update to 5.5.2 and then use the regular process to update the game.

2. Use NNU patcher to get the update.

3. Use USB helper to get the update and install using WUP Installer

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does everytime there is an update that does not patch a known exploit there is always a genius who comes out with this very same idea? I have seen countless of threads like this "what if it's just waiting for everyone to update and then block/ban everyone at once"...

I assure you that's not a thing...

metalsniper63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank You for the response kafluke, however the problem is that the GAME asks me for the update of the CONSOLE i have already installed the update from wii usb helper , however, the game still asks for update of the console. So should i just update the console (i already installer Haxchi)?

eyeball226

Trophies
XP
Country
So telling you you're wrong is throwing a hissy fit? Sure if you say so, not surprising you spout such bs going by every single other post by you in this thread.
As already mentioned you're simply upset by Nintendo patching out the exploit stopping you from pirating games, so you've made up the "moral" bs. Simply say you're not happy, you're not the only one tho no one else is hiding behind subterfuge.

Hey, apologies for abandoning you, I went on holiday. I said if anyone came close it's you, you seemed to get pretty emotional in some of your posts. I certainly haven't thrown a hissy fit, if anything I find this entire argument amusing.

You're wrong, END OF..
You: Nintendo are wrong OPINION
FACT:Nintendo aren't wrong.
Moral + Legal: Killing/stealing etc = BAD

Moral + Legal: Nintendo removing function to stop(well reduce) piracy = NOT BAD
r
DEAL WITH IT.

Also what's the whole subterfuge accusation about? This patch hasn't personally affected me, so no I'm not upset because it's stopped me pirating games (I also haven't pirated Wii U games much anyway, I'm much more interested in homebrew). I'm not sure what you're even accusing me of making up, are you saying I don't sincerely hold the opinions I've expressed in this thread? Mate, it's been fun but all good things must come to an end. If you're simply having a bit of a troll, good game - if not, I'm a little worried for you.

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, apologies for abandoning you, I went on holiday. I said if anyone came close it's you, you seemed to get pretty emotional in some of your posts. I certainly haven't thrown a hissy fit, if anything I find this entire argument amusing.

Also what's the whole subterfuge accusation about? This patch hasn't personally affected me, so no I'm not upset because it's stopped me pirating games (I also haven't pirated Wii U games much anyway, I'm much more interested in homebrew). I'm not sure what you're even accusing me of making up, are you saying I don't sincerely hold the opinions I've expressed in this thread? Mate, it's been fun but all good things must come to an end. If you're simply having a bit of a troll, good game - if not, I'm a little worried for you.

Zzzz sorry did you say something? Make what excuses you want, we all know the truth.
Don't bother with your lame broken record comeback.

Last edited by fowler002,

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What if 5.5.1 is a bomb?
giphy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users