ROM Hack What Ever Happened to the A.S.H. Translation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so are you trolling now, saying how awesome it was, knowing it will only get people to get annoyed and demanding a share?

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Django0 said:
So who leaked it?
oh come on ive posted the translation topic few posts earlier , cant you just look there and read the whole story ?? its all written there , in case if someone is lazy enough to not look 8 posts up from this one ill post it once more http://gbatemp.net/t134267-ash-translation...ect?&st=165 , go there and read it , than you will now the story

Creqaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shineek said:
Django0 said:
So who leaked it?
oh come on ive posted the translation topic few posts earlier , cant you just look there and read the whole story ?? its all written there , in case if someone is lazy enough to not look 8 posts up from this one ill post it once more http://gbatemp.net/t134267-ash-translation...ect?&st=165 , go there and read it , than you will now the story

Oops, missed that, I tend to not see posts without a avatar/signature.
Anyway got my answer, Noitora leaked it.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I say whoever has it should share it. It's true Psycoblaster *might* return, but distributing the translation, even to only a select few, holds the promise that it's close to complete. Saying "it'll be ready when it'll be ready" is a cheap excuse for having to hold yourself to a schedule. It's as if the train schedule said "the train will depart when it'll depart". Sure, you can get pissed off about trolls, but if you do so and abandon the translation in turn, any and all outrage/trolling/flaming from supporters will be completely justified.

I think the proper solution would be to leak the current beta along with a note that you'll delete it as soon as Psycoblaster releases anything worth mentioning. Until then, the beta's sort of a compensation to the real supporters for their support. Think of it as a warrant that whatever happens, the emotional support one provided will not be unrewarded.

Creqaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Naridar said:
I say whoever has it should share it. It's true Psycoblaster *might* return, but distributing the translation, even to only a select few, holds the promise that it's close to complete. Saying "it'll be ready when it'll be ready" is a cheap excuse for having to hold yourself to a schedule. It's as if the train schedule said "the train will depart when it'll depart". Sure, you can get pissed off about trolls, but if you do so and abandon the translation in turn, any and all outrage/trolling/flaming from supporters will be completely justified.

I think the proper solution would be to leak the current beta along with a note that you'll delete it as soon as Psycoblaster releases anything worth mentioning. Until then, the beta's sort of a compensation to the real supporters for their support. Think of it as a warrant that whatever happens, the emotional support one provided will not be unrewarded.
QUOTE(Noitora @ Jun 20 2009, 08:44 AM) Yup, I did leak it...two months ago or something.
Why don't you release it anyway?
Edit: Is it okay to post the link to the latest beta patch here? Or shall I give it to anyone who PMs me?
He might just give it if you PM him =X
//edit I guess that was a rather old quote...

Creqaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Django0 said:
He might just give it if you PM him =X

Noitora would never do that after the drama it brought him before.
And last time I spoke to him, something happened with Windows and everything erased.
Well I did edit my post and say that it was a rather old quote.

KaelKazaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I feel it's pretty safe to reiterate that this patch will never see the light of day unless one of the beta testers decides to unleash it with or without the creator's permission.

The way this entire project ended up falling apart is rather silly, but that's just how things are.

I don't care either way. I don't like this game. It's just too bad that it died off right before the finish line.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What is the truth behind all this internet drama then.. ? real loss of database or just that much butthurt for Noitora leak (small since none sharing it) ?

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just READ the previous pages in this thread. The data loss, the freezing problems they couldn't fix at the time, the trolls who were starting to get unbelievable, the leak...they all contributed to it. It's not just one factor.

bmtrocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why won't people with the beta just release the patch?

I just don't understand this logic

The translation could potentially be complete by now if we got our hands on it. Someone could easily edit it on their own, give credit for the original translator's work, and still have a good patch for the game.

I understand the drama behind it's situation, but in my experience it's better to just leave things in the patch.

Restricting the beta patch does far more harm than good for the community imo.

rocketen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bmtrocks said:
Why won't people with the beta just release the patch?

I just don't understand this logic

The translation could potentially be complete by now if we got our hands on it. Someone could easily edit it on their own, give credit for the original translator's work, and still have a good patch for the game.

I understand the drama behind it's situation, but in my experience it's better to just leave things in the patch.

Restricting the beta patch does far more harm than good for the community imo.

Because it's not theirs to share.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i always wondered, if translators would have any actual rights on their work besides some kind of moral right since they had the work

rocketen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Clydefrosch said:
i always wondered, if translators would have any actual rights on their work besides some kind of moral right since they had the work

Their translation is absolutely their work. I can't remember the link but some fantranslators successfully used the DMCA to stop a repo manufacturer selling thier fantranslation on physical carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?