ROM Hack What Ever Happened to the A.S.H. Translation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, you could search around for the leaked patch...
smileipb2.png

So, i guess it wasnt cos the patch was leaked and she's still mad about it?

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mrfatso said:
Well, you could search around for the leaked patch...
smileipb2.png

So, i guess it wasnt cos the patch was leaked and she's still mad about it?
Believe me, I've tried and couldn't find it. Which is quite a surprise because I usually manage to find whatever I'd like to find.

Though I read that the patch had some "hardware" issues of freezing and locking up which she (and others) couldn't solve, so that was another thing that contributed it, and don't forget how her harddisk got swiped completely clean, so she lost all progress - though fortunately she did manage to recover some things later on by accident and said she was working on it. But that was over a year ago.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
Believe me, I've tried and couldn't find it. Which is quite a surprise because I usually manage to find whatever I'd like to find.

Though I read that the patch had some "hardware" issues of freezing and locking up which she (and others) couldn't solve, so that was another thing that contributed it, and don't forget how her harddisk got swiped completely clean, so she lost all progress - though fortunately she did manage to recover some things later on by accident and said she was working on it. But that was over a year ago.

Yeah, there were quite a few issues. If I recall, they said they lost all their data in September(Not a year ago), but by then, people were really starting to troll her badly. I think that's when she called it quits for good.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was actually a beta tester and have one of the latest patches. I just don't won't to release it incase psychoblaster ever returns to this translation.

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
HaniKazmi said:
I was actually a beta tester and have one of the latest patches. I just don't won't to release it incase psychoblaster ever returns to this translation.
well i doubt that will happen , after the patch leaked psycoblaster lost the will to do this

Creqaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No replies for months and I just skimmed through the blog comments which were... de-motivating. I doubt she'll come back.
//edit What is this leaked patch I read about?

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
HaniKazmi said:
You could ask her if you can release the patch, and give the proper credits.

MNIscariot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say just leak the patch. At this point Psychoblaster is long gone. And she's made it pretty clear that she has no more interest in working on it.

Best case scenario is that if the patch is out there, someone might be able to use it to finish up the translation. That's always easier than starting a project completely from scratch.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MNIscariot said:
I say just leak the patch. At this point Psychoblaster is long gone. And she's made it pretty clear that she has no more interest in working on it.

Best case scenario is that if the patch is out there, someone might be able to use it to finish up the translation. That's always easier than starting a project completely from scratch.

That'd also be taking someone's work without permission. If one of the testers could get in contact with psyco and ask to release it or if someone to pick up where they left off, that'd be easier than making the romhacking section of the temp look bad. Not to mention it would be respectful. Out of all the bad treatment she got on the blog, the least we can do is give some respect.

Shineek: I know what happened. Which is another reason why it's best to show some respect. Almost the entire time it was worked on, little respect was shown. We can at least show that we have enough maturity to respect someone.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
MNIscariot said:

That'd also be taking someone's work without permission. If one of the testers could get in contact with psyco and ask to release it or if someone to pick up where they left off, that'd be easier than making the romhacking section of the temp look bad. Not to mention it would be respectful. Out of all the bad treatment she got on the blog, the least we can do is give some respect.
That's the reason I haven't leaked it.

I can't find her email anywhere, so that's out too unless someone here knows it.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wish people would just stop using blogs with comments if they're so afraid of trolls and people asking why the heck things never get finished. its not like comments serve anything but hopes of millions of white knights comming to shower you in praise every time you decide to post

i only ever followed a handful of projects that close, but most of them seemed to seriously ask for it.
enable comments, enable anon comments, write stuff about it will only take this long and then taking 4 times longer and then repeating that all over again.
then keep writing whiny entries about all the anon comments and how hurtful they are
be moving/in stressful situation/breaking up with bf/gf 9/10 of the year and not able to translate a single word or fix whatever
MY TRANSLATION WILL ONLY BE RELEASED WHEN ITS FINISHED! and im not gonna tell you how far i am anyway

i mean, yeah, its not nice of the trolls, but people should have realized ages ago how to handle some of it, really.
makeing people wait is bad
asking for a little understanding in every second sentence is bad too
reacting to them by acknowledging they exist is as bad as feeding mogwais after midnight...

also, cant you just send her private messages on every forum she's registered in? one is bound to send some you've got mail-mails to her..

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Clydefrosch said:
wish people would just stop using blogs with comments if they're so afraid of trolls and people asking why the heck things never get finished. its not like comments serve anything but hopes of millions of white knights comming to shower you in praise every time you decide to post

i only ever followed a handful of projects that close, but most of them seemed to seriously ask for it.
enable comments, enable anon comments, write stuff about it will only take this long and then taking 4 times longer and then repeating that all over again.
then keep writing whiny entries about all the anon comments and how hurtful they are
be moving/in stressful situation/breaking up with bf/gf 9/10 of the year and not able to translate a single word or fix whatever
MY TRANSLATION WILL ONLY BE RELEASED WHEN ITS FINISHED! and im not gonna tell you how far i am anyway

i mean, yeah, its not nice of the trolls, but people should have realized ages ago how to handle some of it, really.
makeing people wait is bad
asking for a little understanding in every second sentence is bad too
reacting to them by acknowledging they exist is as bad as feeding mogwais after midnight...

also, cant you just send her private messages on every forum she's registered in? one is bound to send some you've got mail-mails to her..

hehe how true , i know something bout it , im writing a TRPG , i posted it on my blog but ive blocked the comments , cause i dont care if anyone writes hes interested in this or some ppl start to whine about no news about it , i dont even know if i finish this , i do this for me not for ppl . its weird how some ppl start to translate games and then just give up cause of trolls , i mean look and the fansubers for animes , are they giving up cause of some ppl whining?? nope they dont give up , they give a shit what ppl say , and even sometimes make fun of the ppl that get their subs by releasing a fake , how many times did ppl fall for datebayos fake bleach the movie .

also something what i found , heres what neoxephon the leader of crimson nocturnal wrote to the ppl who started keroro rpg translation :
Best of luck, guys. Take your time, don't overwork and get burned out on it. There will be people that try to rush you, just ignore them. There will also be people that demand updates every few days, ignore them as well and only update when you feel the need to. It is important that you are enjoying the work that you're doing.
This was written by a person that a year later gave up its both funny and sad . it was so easy for him to write about ignoring those ppl but it was harder to do it himself .

Cavedude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The patch that was made by psyco if I remember correctly was stopped because of a few things. This is including being leaked, people complaining, and lost information. The patched version I got to play was awesome, Thanks again Psycoblaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo