Misc What the actual fuck has happened to this godforsaken website in the past 7 years

doomskrill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can't just be me. I feel like 2015 onward this place has been crashing lower and lower every time I check on it

90% of activity seems to be from the same dozen or so regulars, egging on groups of literal children with the most retarded requests and questions imaginable

Frankly if this site is going to have the absolute degeneracy that confides in eof, kids should not be welcome at all. Let alone dumbass 12 year olds who want le free 3DS game

The 3DS genuinely feels to me like it was the inning of the end
It saturated this website with groups and subcultures of fanboying over certain products and shutting down others
t started with all the gateway bullcrap, but even now exists in *you can't make a thread about anything without a legion of luma 3ds worshippers telling you how zomg awesum33ds.guide is check out the guide bro I'm special I hacked my 3ds its sooo epikk*

Nobody on here actively develops anymore
Its a circlejerk of kids and wannabes pretending "aw yeah im way into the scene" when in reality that just means they type /guide or whatever on the trashfire hole that is the damn discord server

That's the other thing. Effectively all community activity has been moved to that shitshow, so good luck checking back on that in 15 years.

I still go back and read the white elephant threads from 2011, i miss those. I miss the community and contests we all had. I miss actual discussion on news topics that were posted and not 6 word responses that add nothing to the conversation

I thought the discord server was supposed to be a containment field for the cancer spawn that is the homebrew kids that plagued this site the moment ssspwn came out

What happened

Nobody works on projects any more
At best some 12 year old will necrobump some bullshit thread about "can Mario 64 run on blank???"

There's a consensus of "no that's not possible" as the answer to anything nowadays too.
You know why?
Because when kids ask stupid questions, instead of us autists coming together and saying "well gee okay why can't the Wii U play GameCube games?"
Its just other kids responding "no its impossible" because they know oh so much

This place is what got me into the homebrew and nodding scene
It fundamentally changed my view on technology and the world to an extent
Dumb kids have always been here, and that was good because they grow up to be the next [redacted] after taking on the skills that this place used to cultivate

Now it feels like this site is RUN by kids. Nobody knows what they're talking about, and its eyerolling to see

This is no longer the converging spot for great minds and dumb minds to rub off on each other
That's what made it great

Now its a circlejerk of literally whos, who think they're a big shot because "uhmm akctualy i hacked my Wii and made a custom Mario kart level I'm pretty cool B)"

I don't blame the old guard for leaving. Its been almost 10 years since this place was really thriving at this point. But idk I'm disappointed

I don't know how anyone is supposed to take this. I don't even think its legitimate feedback. But I just wanted to get it off my chest

Obviously this is an alt, which I know is frowned on, sorry. But I knew dumping like this would probably piss people off.

I hope I haven't said anything ban worthy, but to be perfectly honest I can't say id see it as too much of a loss at this point.

Sorry about saying retarded if anyone cares

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I certainly don't want to be remembered for the eof posts but rather the help I've offered, which this post kinda suggests otherwise. I do feel a bit discouraged though. sometimes I feel like that I have a high number of posts, possibly due to the eof, and a low amount of likes by comparison. I know likes don't matter, like trophies on playstation. however, it does make me feel appreciated, which is not something I've felt on other sites.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mario_triple_salami.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
Ah, the good classic Navy Seals copypasta.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always wondered why Veho keeps his knife sharpened at all times, now i know..

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
It can't just be me. I feel like 2015 onward this place has been crashing lower and lower every time I check on it

90% of activity seems to be from the same dozen or so regulars, egging on groups of literal children with the most retarded requests and questions imaginable

Frankly if this site is going to have the absolute degeneracy that confides in eof, kids should not be welcome at all. Let alone dumbass 12 year olds who want le free 3DS game

The 3DS genuinely feels to me like it was the inning of the end
It saturated this website with groups and subcultures of fanboying over certain products and shutting down others
t started with all the gateway bullcrap, but even now exists in *you can't make a thread about anything without a legion of luma 3ds worshippers telling you how zomg awesum33ds.guide is check out the guide bro I'm special I hacked my 3ds its sooo epikk*

Nobody on here actively develops anymore
Its a circlejerk of kids and wannabes pretending "aw yeah im way into the scene" when in reality that just means they type /guide or whatever on the trashfire hole that is the damn discord server

That's the other thing. Effectively all community activity has been moved to that shitshow, so good luck checking back on that in 15 years.

I still go back and read the white elephant threads from 2011, i miss those. I miss the community and contests we all had. I miss actual discussion on news topics that were posted and not 6 word responses that add nothing to the conversation

I thought the discord server was supposed to be a containment field for the cancer spawn that is the homebrew kids that plagued this site the moment ssspwn came out

What happened

Nobody works on projects any more
At best some 12 year old will necrobump some bullshit thread about "can Mario 64 run on blank???"

There's a consensus of "no that's not possible" as the answer to anything nowadays too.
You know why?
Because when kids ask stupid questions, instead of us autists coming together and saying "well gee okay why can't the Wii U play GameCube games?"
Its just other kids responding "no its impossible" because they know oh so much

This place is what got me into the homebrew and nodding scene
It fundamentally changed my view on technology and the world to an extent
Dumb kids have always been here, and that was good because they grow up to be the next [redacted] after taking on the skills that this place used to cultivate

Now it feels like this site is RUN by kids. Nobody knows what they're talking about, and its eyerolling to see

This is no longer the converging spot for great minds and dumb minds to rub off on each other
That's what made it great

Now its a circlejerk of literally whos, who think they're a big shot because "uhmm akctualy i hacked my Wii and made a custom Mario kart level I'm pretty cool B)"

I don't blame the old guard for leaving. Its been almost 10 years since this place was really thriving at this point. But idk I'm disappointed

I don't know how anyone is supposed to take this. I don't even think its legitimate feedback. But I just wanted to get it off my chest

Obviously this is an alt, which I know is frowned on, sorry. But I knew dumping like this would probably piss people off.

I hope I haven't said anything ban worthy, but to be perfectly honest I can't say id see it as too much of a loss at this point.

Sorry about saying retarded if anyone cares
Well the site sucks because I am on it now, that's the only reason why it's bad
Post automatically merged:

If you don't like like it, don't read it. Nobody is holding you down, pouring the Kool-Aid down your throat. Go join a discord somewhere then. Peace! :grog:
I don't like it but I'm still here
because I love @AmandaRose secretly don't tell anyone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.