Hacking Well, I guess this is over now...

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
the wii only got amazing homebrew until the wiiu was released once the wiiu was released all the wii got was retroarch and mgba afaik.
The wii was hacked in 2007 by 2008 we had full homebrew, plus there were a number of modchips available very early on for those that wanted piracy.
You only got retroarch in 2012 - 2013 ? because the retroarch project didnt exist back then retroarch begun 2012 if I remember correctly.

P.S Im not very good with dates so they might not be completely accurate. :)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The wii was hacked in 2007 by 2008 we had full homebrew, plus there were a number of modchips available very early on for those that wanted piracy.
You only got retroarch in 2012 - 2013 ? because the retroarch project didnt exist back then retroarch begun 2012 if I remember correctly.

P.S Im not very good with dates so they might not be completely accurate. :)
that was my point all homebrew was made while the wii was still alive, the only homebrew released after the wiiu dropped was mgba and retroarch.

Reactions: nintendarium

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NX hasn't even been formally announced yet and "NX" is not even necessarily the final name of the console. I seriously doubt it would come until late 2017 or 2018. The Wii (released in Nov. 2006) was called the Revolution until April 2006 and it was announced at the E3 in 2005, iirc. I know everything about it was pretty much well known while I was in college in 05-06.

Anyway... It's a damn shame that Nintendo is abandoning the Wii U without a bunch of good games, but that doesn't mean the community can't take advantage of the technology to make a cool cfw for it.
Microsoft announced the Xbox One in May 2013 and released it in November 2013. Sony did the same, except with announcing the PS4 in February 2013. Nintendo could always follow their path and reveal > release all within a span of months.

Reactions: nintendarium

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
AH AH
problem is not that, problem is that you can't name a game for wiiu to be released in 2017...
you can sniff the smell of the dead console around the wiiu...
What games could you name for 2016? The best titles are always first party and Nintendo usually announces them only a few months before a worldwide release.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best titles are always first party
Wow, that's definitely the words of a blinded fanboy.

Nintendo usually announces them only a few months before a worldwide release.
No they don't. Their history with Wii U games:

Pikmin 3: Soft-Announced E3 2008 ("We're making Pikmin"), Revealed E3 2012, Released August 2013.
Mario Kart 8: Announced January 2013, Released May 2014.
Splatoon: Announced E3 2014, Released May 2015.
Super Mario Maker: Announced E3 2014, Released Sept 2015.
Star Fox Zero: Announced E3 2014, Releasing April 2016.
Zelda U/Possibly NX: Announced January 2013, Releasing 2016.

That was blatant PR to "explain" the lack of Wii U games at E3 2015.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know most people will find this silly but I don't think the Wii-U is as dead as people think.

The NX is probably a Hybrid console/Portable that works off streaming (Think a tricked android box/Ouya) meaning the NX is going to be a DLC store, the Wii-U tablet and Wii remotes are probably not going where and the Wii-U and 3DS will continue to get the same titles as the NX for awhile.

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or, the devs hogging exploits and bragging about them could release them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, it was true. You seriously expect Nintendo to publicly confirm Wii U's death? If they did that, sales would plummet and people would be skeptical about any new consoles coming from Nintendo.
No, it was false. Stories like that are cooked to generate views and ad revenue, and spread by gullible people.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it was NOT true.
NINTENDO WOULD NEVER IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS CONFIRM THE DEATH OF THEIR CURRENT-GENERATION CONSOLE. That would literally cause sales to drop to 0.

Nintendo also denied the Nikkei report that they were releasing a larger 3DS, which they announced two days later. Sega did the same thing when Nikkei reported that Sega was ceasing Dreamcast production.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: