Hacking Well, I guess this is over now...

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
What you should have taken away from that statement was that its completely possible for a decent programmer to figure it out. It wasn't a release announcement. When the time is right (if people agree or not with the dev's reasons) a lot of them will be made public. There is a scheduled maintenance coming up on the 6th which may drop a firmware update. If that happens Id place my bet that one of the few floating around will be made public. They added a new function (OSDisableUserHeartbeat) in the last code release so it seems we will get something of an update in the near future.
How do you know that function? Is that included on 5.5.1?

Mattmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you know that function? Is that included on 5.5.1?

No its not included. It was a new one in the recent dev files that were released.

Edit: Aren't you a dev? or am I thinking of someone else? I figured that was public knowledge by now. Those came out about a week ago.

Last edited by Mattmatic,

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
No its not included. It was a new one in the recent dev files that were released.

Edit: Aren't you a dev? or am I thinking of someone else? I figured that was public knowledge by now. Those came out about a week ago.
I'm not dev, just curious abut it. I just wonder how you get access to devkit stuff, even the recent updates.

kaotik2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If there is an update I won't need to. There are others that are planning to. Lets stick to the topic.

A big reason for a kernel exploit not being released is that they only have 1. You seem to have found a new way or so you say so maybe you should talk to MN1 and his team to work out if your using a different method to gain access. Then we might not even have to wait for an update.

I'm not dev, just curious abut it. I just wonder how you get access to devkit stuff, even the recent updates.

This is common knowledge across the forum now. Ryanrocks posted it on his twitter and its been mentioned many times over the past week...

So uh they added some functions that aren't in 5.5.1 like OSDisableUserHeartbeat which basically confirms a new firmware version is coming

Reactions: Mattmatic

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun fact: Indie devs don't have access to any sort of info like this. We never know about firmware changes/updates ahead of time until they roll out like everyone else. I've heard nothing about this new function. Not saying it doesn't exist just saying its news to me and every other indie dev out there. Perhaps this is something only AAA developers are aware of....

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just cause a console is dead doesn't mean the homebrew must be dead. A homebrew community can only die IF it has: A linux port, a few emulators, rom loaders, a cfw, and a (at least) one pong clone. I'm waiting still

You forgot AT LEAST one Doom engine port, Quake port and depending Quake 2 and quake 3

Reactions: Mattmatic

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Fun fact: Indie devs don't have access to any sort of info like this. We never know about firmware changes/updates ahead of time until they roll out like everyone else. I've heard nothing about this new function. Not saying it doesn't exist just saying its news to me and every other indie dev out there. Perhaps this is something only AAA developers are aware of....
Leaks always happen from within, and from all the years on the many different consoles from the different companies, you always have to wonder if some are intentional or not ...

Hype is the only thing to extend a console when it has nothing else going for it, i.e. no physical games available in the near future. There is no bigger game than real life ...

D

Deleted User

If there is an update I won't need to. There are others that are planning to. Lets stick to the topic.
You down talk me for what I said but you just completely proved my point right there."I found an exploit (Im probably just lying to sound cool) but Im not going to release it because there will be an update in the future maybe probably that maybe probably will fix it so it will be completely useles maybe I dont even know because its not real"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)