Hacking Well, I guess this is over now...

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
I still find it staggering that people think that the homebrew scene is dead.

If you set the forum to sort by thread creation, you'll find that there's been development questions asked almost every day. In addition, we're getting savegame hacks all the time. On top of that, don't forget that the first release of LiteNESU was this month! It's not like there's been nothing for ages. In my opinion, we're progressing quite nicely.

Sorry for getting angry, it's just annoying to see either a thread about our Lord and Saviour Hykem, the IOSU or how all we've been doing is for nothing since the scene is dead created almost every day.

cerenall101

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still find it staggering that people think that the homebrew scene is dead.

If you set the forum to sort by thread creation, you'll find that there's been development questions asked almost every day. In addition, we're getting savegame hacks all the time. On top of that, don't forget that the first release of LiteNESU was this month! It's not like there's been nothing for ages. In my opinion, we're progressing quite nicely.

Sorry for getting angry, it's just annoying to see either a thread about our Lord and Saviour Hykem, the IOSU or how all we've been doing is for nothing since the scene is dead created almost every day.
LiteNESU sucks

DarkJediRey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to sound like a complete noob lol, but there was some eshop maintainence that took place earlier today. Does this mean we'll be seeing a new update sometime soon? Because iirc, there has been quite a few nintendo updates in the past after an eshop maintainence. :huh:
probably just hyrule legends related, but it could be more

cerenall101

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to sound like a complete noob lol, but there was some eshop maintainence that took place earlier today. Does this mean we'll be seeing a new update sometime soon? Because iirc, there has been quite a few nintendo updates in the past after an eshop maintainence. :huh:
Maybe there patching the bug in Rayman Wii U that lets you post any pic to miiverse

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah the Wii U devs suck I hate them for not helping the scene at all gosh
I guess you are also the type of guy that hates the people around him that accomplished something and now refuse to share their wealth with you.

If you are so upset, learn how to hack the wii u yourself and hand out exploits to everyone.

Reactions: NEP and Fatih120

cerenall101

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you are also the type of guy that hates the people around him that accomplished something and now refuse to share their wealth with you.

If you are so upset, learn how to hack the wii u yourself and hand out exploits to everyone.
I was mocking the person who I quoted... :l

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly, I think that IOSU might be released at next c3. Arm9loaderhax and memchunkhax came out of nowhere on the last conference. And next conference would actually be right after nx release, so there wouldn't be any point in keeping exploits private. And guys would have time to create some homebrew on top of that exploit.
But personally I like more when they just explain the theory behind exploit and then community tries to implement it. It was fun watching how guys implement menchunkhax and arm9loaderhax even though there were plenty of bricks.

ihateu3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the way this whole iosu thing played out. The community lashed out at the devs and whined and cried about missing deadlines etc. Basically, a good percentage of this site treated the devs like shit. The people that treated them like shit did not get their iosu wish, and important devs privately get it.

Next time, don't act like an asshole to someone who has something you want.

I can't believe you actually thought talking shit to the devs would make the release come out faster haha! You did this to yourselves and only have yourselves to blame. Now what will you do, talk more shit? Kids have to learn life lessons somehow I guess.

Last edited by ihateu3,
Reactions: looseless

GinBunBun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got bitched at before for being too harsh but you know what? THIS IS THE EXACT REASON I GET PISSED OFF! People keep fucking making these stupid ass threads. It helps no one. All it does is give the mods stupid shit they have to deal with by deleting yet another one of these fucking things. Oh and I'm sure they aren't happy about it either having to swoop in every time some asshole decides to go hey let's make a thread saying welp the homebrew scene for the wii U is dead. Might as well waste everyone's time. This shit needs to stop. If you truly feel the scene is dead more power too you just don't come in here make another thread saying so. For one nothing is over until it's truly over. Not to mention this forum is supposed to be used for help, talking about progress with an exploit, maybe some homebrew releases NOT THIS. You wanna go vent your frustration or bitch about useless bullshit go somewhere else this isn't the place. Before I end this feel free to call me out I don't fucking care. Yes I'm an angry asshole on the internet wooo points for originality I know but come on people.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok I wanna say one more thing. If you look at my comment history most of them are angry rants. I would totally contribute more to this forum if I actually had the no how and the expertise to do so. I am not a programmer, hacker, or developer in any since of the word. I am a regular mediocre person who hasn't had an account here long but have been going to gbatemp for years for reading tutorials about the original wii's homebrew such as wiiflow, nintendont, emulators you name it. I love this forum a lot. There are a lot of cool and helpful people here. A lot of great developers behind the scenes who give us great things to enjoy with our consoles. When I first made my account I thought id maybe interact with the community more or I don't know maybe give what little insight I have through trial and error with things. But all I've seen since I made this account is a staggering amount of useless crap show up in regards to the well being or state of the wii u and it's homebrew scene. It upsets me quite a bit. I get too passionate about things I like as well as forums I like to go to and enjoy. I apologize for being so angry on this forum. It doesn't help anyone or change anything. From now on I'm not going to rant like that anymore. I'll leave the other comment up as a reminder to not do that again. Anyway you can ignore this if you wish that's fine. This is just the views of someone who doesn't matter in the grand scheme of this forum. I hope you all have a good night.

Last edited by GinBunBun,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Elite Beat Agents
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hell yeah
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
    Jayro @ Jayro: I'm Slenderman.