Homebrew Wad Manager v1.4 that can handle folders

wiiNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ndtemple417 said:
the folder is wad/games/super puchout.wad and all the other wads install fine except in there i only have one game wad so i couldn't tell if it was just that one but thanks for the help

Sounds like the wad may be the problem.

QUOTEIs it possible to have a wad manager install directly to the sd card? If so, a batch program would be really useful. I assume it wouldn't be too hard. Install the ticket to the wii, and the data to the SD. Or, it could just move it for you after installing to the wii. Just wondering...

The WM cannot install directly to the SD card. There's some talk about a GUI Wad Manager, which may have this feature in the near future.
As for the batch, read the first page of this thread; someone already did this.

The GUI would be a nice addition. I may jump on that bandwagon and see if I can help.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can someone link to the WAD Manager animated channel that has music? It was linked in the topic in the original WAD Manager 1.4 topic but I want this one to direct to WM1.4 with the folders mod.

wiiNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
Can someone link to the WAD Manager animated channel that has music? It was linked in the topic in the original WAD Manager 1.4 topic but I want this one to direct to WM1.4 with the folders mod.

Not sure what you're asking for.

kevenz asked for this:

QUOTEcan you inject your dol into this wad please, I tried but it always fail.

http://wadder.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=352

So I grabbed the "WAD Manager Channel 1.4-WMC1.rar" found on that link and injected a dol that supports folder into that wad. The link is on the first post.

wiiNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some changes:

Sorg (sorgelig) made some enhancements. His post is here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154720

Includes enhancements:
- Device selection combined with IOS selection for shorter startup.
- Bigger console window with 16 entries per page (instead 8)
- browse from root(/) folder (intead of /wad)
- "B" button returns to parent folder until root. On root - returns to device selection.
- remember/restore list position on enter/exit directory
- remember last used IOS when back to device selection (instead forced IOS249)
- fixes for some minor bugs

I grab that code and added support for the GameCube's controller. This is a feature that I suspect not too many people will use, but will be needed in certain SHTF situations, when a second mode of input becomes the only mode.

Source/dol/channelWad are all in one rar file now.

wiiNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
fiddlefaddle22 said:
Can you reupload the Wad Channel please as the Mediafire one is corrupt,thanks.

yeah it is, I just downloaded it and it won't extract it because it is corrupted indeed, thanks

I just UL again, and verified by download/extract the files.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is not working for me, when it is mounting device "Wii SD Slot" it states error (ret = -1), what is the problem and solution please? thanks

wiiNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
this is not working for me, when it is mounting device "Wii SD Slot" it states error (ret = -1), what is the problem and solution please? thanks

Are you using the dol or the wad? What type of SD card are you using (SDHC)? Have you used this SD card with the original WM 1.4 from Waninkoko before?

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiNinja said:
bnm81002 said:

Are you using the dol or the wad? What type of SD card are you using (SDHC)? Have you used this SD card with the original WM 1.4 from Waninkoko before?

I tried both the dol and Wad versions but got that error on both, I am using a Kingston 8GB SDHC card, in fact I had no problems using your version of 1.4 mod but only with Sorg's enhancement version it doesn't work, very strange

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Thanks a lot for this great mod, it's much better than the original WAD Manager.
I just can't understand why Waninkoko hasn't put this features in it before.

wiiNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Takoru said:
Thanks a lot for this great mod, it's much better than the original WAD Manager.
I just can't understand why Waninkoko hasn't put this features in it before.

He's probably looking at bigger things. I have time for the little things like these.

QUOTEI tried both the dol and Wad versions but got that error on both, I am using a Kingston 8GB SDHC card, in fact I had no problems using your version of 1.4 mod but only with Sorg's enhancement version it doesn't work, very strange

Let me backtrack to see if I can find anything.
EDIT: Sorg did some work in the cIOS menu selection. While I'm checking this out, can you try to select a cIOS other than the default to see if this works for you? If so, it would be a work-around until I figure this out.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiNinja said:
Let me backtrack to see if I can find anything.
EDIT: Sorg did some work in the cIOS menu selection. While I'm checking this out, can you try to select a cIOS other than the default to see if this works for you? If so, it would be a work-around until I figure this out.

none of the cISO works I still get the ret = -1 error

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works great. I think it would be better if it started in root/wad though. I mean still have the option to navigate up or down but just as a starting directory.

wiiNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you believe I'm working on it? When it's at a beta state, I'll ask you guys for you opinion + to test it for me.

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Goodjob wiiNinja.
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...