Hacking vWii sneek

Dharengo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pardon the double post. I'm on the step where I have to enter the command line in the DOS prompt. It tries to execute the command but it gives me "502 Bad Gateway" errors. Any idea what that means?

EDIT: Nevermind, I tried it again and it worked. Not sure what happened, but it's gone.

EDIT2: Not gonna make another double post so I'll just update this one:

The tutorial creates SNEEK. I haven't done it yet, but I'm assuming the guide works just as well for creating SNEEK+DI or UNEEK or similar.

EDIT3: Ok so I can now run SNEEK without problems. I can tell I'm in it because I cannot access the SD card anymore. MUCHO thanks for making this possible.

Is there a way to go back to the regular NAND without having to turn it off or return to Wii Menu?

EDIT4: Looks like it wasn't as easy as I thought. Attempting to launch it as SNEEK+DI gives me an everlasting "Waiting for ARM to reset PPC" message. Is it possible that the USB device I use is not correctly formatted? - When I run it as just SNEEK and run HBF, I can view all of my Homebrew, but when I run one I just get a black screen. I'm beginning to suspect that the USB device is indeed not correct.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Pardon the double post. I'm on the step where I have to enter the command line in the DOS prompt. It tries to execute the command but it gives me "502 Bad Gateway" errors. Any idea what that means?

EDIT: Nevermind, I tried it again and it worked. Not sure what happened, but it's gone.

EDIT2: Not gonna make another double post so I'll just update this one:

The tutorial creates SNEEK. I haven't done it yet, but I'm assuming the guide works just as well for creating SNEEK+DI or UNEEK or similar.

EDIT3: Ok so I can now run SNEEK without problems. I can tell I'm in it because I cannot access the SD card anymore. MUCHO thanks for making this possible.

Is there a way to go back to the regular NAND without having to turn it off or return to Wii Menu?

EDIT4: Looks like it wasn't as easy as I thought. Attempting to launch it as SNEEK+DI gives me an everlasting "Waiting for ARM to reset PPC" message. Is it possible that the USB device I use is not correctly formatted? - When I run it as just SNEEK and run HBF, I can view all of my Homebrew, but when I run one I just get a black screen. I'm beginning to suspect that the USB device is indeed not correct.
I've never run SNEEK+DI, so I don't know. There is no way to return to the regular NAND except shutting it off.

Dharengo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Regardless, thanks for your guide and your replies. I didn't even think the stuff I wanted was possible (play WiiWare from my old Wii without doing that pesky data transfer) and now I can do that and more.

officialjunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never run SNEEK+DI, so I don't know. There is no way to return to the regular NAND except shutting it off.

on a regular wii, i made a custom channel that toggled/renamed two different bootmii folders on my SD card (one for bootmii, one for sneek) and then triggered a reboot. i had this channel installed on my nand as well as within sneek, so i could launch this channel in either environment to reboot into the other. is there something similar i can achieve on the vwii? if i trigger a reboot while in vwii-sneek, and don't have a folder named SNEEK on my SD card, will it boot up normal vwii?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
on a regular wii, i made a custom channel that toggled/renamed two different bootmii folders on my SD card (one for bootmii, one for sneek) and then triggered a reboot. i had this channel installed on my nand as well as within sneek, so i could launch this channel in either environment to reboot into the other. is there something similar i can achieve on the vwii? if i trigger a reboot while in vwii-sneek, and don't have a folder named SNEEK on my SD card, will it boot up normal vwii?
Not that I know of.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
is the source code for the SD.zip you provide in your hacksden tutorial included in the sneek repo?
No, but it's on Google Code. I used the Trinux version of nswitch from here. Convert armboot.bin (generated when you compile vSNEEK) using raw2c.exe and put the resulting files (named armboot.h and armboot.c) in the source folder. Compile.

uqbn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
How can I use SNEEK with the images of my Wii games?
Should I use SNEEK+DI configuration? If positive, how can I get this worked? I read the whole thread several times but I have not found any tip or instructions to the point.
Sorry if the questions sound stupid but I'm total newbie on the hackNhomebrew scene. Moreover, English is not my native.
Pls help.
P.S. I have 32 GB SD card and external USB HDD drive.

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to load SNEEK and it gave me System Files are Corrupted error.
Did you do a dump of your vwii file system with FS toolbox and moved all the folders (shared1, shared2, etc) to the root of your SD card?

How can I use SNEEK with the images of my Wii games?
Should I use SNEEK+DI configuration? If positive, how can I get this worked? I read the whole thread several times but I have not found any tip or instructions to the point.
Sorry if the questions sound stupid but I'm total newbie on the hackNhomebrew scene. Moreover, English is not my native.
Pls help.
P.S. I have 32 GB SD card and external USB HDD drive.
I haven't tried sneek+di on the vwii, but have on a regular wii. It is the correct configuration to run discex rips of games discs. It's easier to just use a usb loader to run games, in my opinion. Is there a reason you need to use sneek for that?

uqbn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Did you do a dump of your vwii file system with FS toolbox and moved all the folders (shared1, shared2, etc) to the root of your SD card?
Of course, I did. I followed all the directions mentioned in JoostinOnline's tutorial. Moreover, I did it twice. With no success.

I haven't tried sneek+di on the vwii, but have on a regular wii. It is the correct configuration to run discex rips of games discs. It's easier to just use a usb loader to run games, in my opinion. Is there a reason you need to use sneek for that?
Sorry, I meant SNEEK+DI. There's no reason, 'cause I'm gonna use my external HDD USB drive to run discex rips.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Of course, I did. I followed all the directions mentioned in JoostinOnline's tutorial. Moreover, I did it twice. With no success.

Sorry, I meant SNEEK+DI. There's no reason, 'cause I'm gonna use my external HDD USB drive to run discex rips.
Try using regular vSNEEK after doing what I suggested on HacksDen.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Any idea where we can find the source code of this?

Any idea where we can find the source code of this?

Sorry folks, this was only suposed to appear once...

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not familiar with neek2o. I have sneek working on vWii already. Is it easy to switch to neek2o? What's the difference?

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not familiar with neek2o. I have sneek working on vWii already. Is it easy to switch to neek2o? What's the difference?

So, what is our project?
It is an enhancement of Crediar's sneek project. It has a number of new features:
  • It can launch backup games in wbfs format from a fat32 formatted drive.
  • It can use an emulated nand in a subfolder of the drive, and not only on the root of it.
  • It can switch from one emulated nand to another on the fly. So you can run a game in it's own region nand.
  • It has Uneek_usb_fs support. This means that homebrew can have usb access again with minor modifications, using the isfs filing system.
  • It can coöperate with bootmii. It doesn't launch automatically every time on a bootmii as boot2 wii.
  • It can run from SD or USB without a SD card inserted.
  • It's has DM/DML/Quadforce support.
  • It has 3TB and up HDD support.
from https://code.google.com/p/custom-di/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya