Hacking Homebrew Wii U's vWii Neek Compile Error

warquezho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I am new to Wii U home brew and I came upon this neek/Neek2o while using ULGX. I manage to make Neek2o work while reading topics on it here. I found that the interface is buggy and is a known issue with other users as well, but can load fine using autoboot from ULGX Game settings to use Neek when launching.

Now I want to try to use (u)Neek (not Neek2o) just to try it how the (u)Neek interface feels. I am trying to follow a guide here on compiling neek manually since I read ModMii Neek creation doesn't support Wii U's vWii.

I use FS-Toolbox to dump the vWii's nand and get the file E:\FSTOOLBOX\title\00000001\00000050\content\0000000d.app and renamed it to 0000000e.app. I then get the Neek r194 and use Sneek installer v0.7a to try to compile the needed files based on the guide. Put all the files in each of the designated folder paths:

d:/neek/data
d:/neek/sd/
d:/neek/usb/

However when I try to click "Install Sneek" I get an error saying that 0000000e.app is incorrect.

error.png

Can anyone help or guide me which step did I missed and why is the file size different from what is needed and how to get the correct file size required for the install to proceed?
Post automatically merged:

Hello. Just to update that i restore my vWii nand from the backup i have using vWiinandrestore app. The backup is before i did any JB under vWii, so everything in that nand backup of vWii i have should be clean. But still the size of 0000000e.app is 168,512 bytes

i need some expert advise

Last edited by warquezho,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1