Country
Taiwan
r201 compiled Uneek + DI
same error
game region: UNK
instead
game region:EUR
and does not see the games

I think your problem is something to do with the Wii game format under usb:\games.
"UNK" is the default if there is no games found under usb:\games folder.
Pls try to use Wii backup manager to convert/install your Wii games.
(don't use DiscEX to convert your ISO because it's not the correct format for uneek/di)

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think your problem is something to do with the Wii game format under usb:\games.
"UNK" is the default if there is no games found under usb:\games folder.
Pls try to use Wii backup manager to convert/install your Wii games.
(don't use DiscEX to convert your ISO because it's not the correct format for uneek/di)

kernel_usb_di.bin airline38
di.bin R198
Ok
2vrvsb6.jpg

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
kernel_usb_di.bin airline38
di.bin R198
Ok

If my kernel.bin is OK, then it's nothing to do with the game format.

I didn't do anything special except I used the SMenu.c which is modified
myself.(esmodule) You may try to use my SMenu.c to compile then
see what happen.

Attachments

• SMenu.rar
    7.8 KB · Views: 214

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If my kernel.bin is OK, then it's nothing to do with the game format.

I didn't do anything special except I used the SMenu.c which is modified
myself.(esmodule) You may try to use my SMenu.c to compile then
see what happen.

same error
incorrect patch version in EUR

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would be kool if you could also update U/Sneek to latest eat devkit so wiiflow mod/nintendont/neek are all the same kit to build with (if you could find some time joostin)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how to update the linker script, which is necessary if you want to build it with the latest devkitARM.

I just use a batch script to quickly swap between versions. Save this to Swap.bat in your devkitPro folder. Download https://sneek.googlecode.com/svn/devkitARM_r32.rar and extract it to devkitARM_Old. You can then double-click Swap.bat whenever you need to change versions.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know how to update the linker script, which is necessary if you want to build it with the latest devkitARM.

I just use a batch script to quickly swap between versions. Save this to Swap.bat in your devkitPro folder. Download https://sneek.googlecode.com/svn/devkitARM_r32.rar and extract it to devkitARM_Old. You can then double-click Swap.bat whenever you need to change versions.

nice work, thx . that'll make it a lil less tedious.

got another question ... updating to new devkit isn't just for the newest revisions is it ? ... if the repository says updated to use new devkit(or whatever) then all older revisions will compile with the new devkit too ?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
nice work, thx . that'll make it a lil less tedious.

got another question ... updating to new devkit isn't just for the newest revisions is it ? ... if the repository says updated to use new devkit(or whatever) then all older revisions will compile with the new devkit too ?
No, they can't be compatible with new and old.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
If my calculation is correct (someone can test),the offset(hack) of
Move Disc Channel for EUR vWii should be:

*(u32*)0x013B0A98 = 0x60000000;

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, they can't be compatible with new and old.
(i wasn't thinking one revision could be built with either devkit...BUT)

lets see if i understand ...so lets say *neek got updated to build with the newest devkit , then revision 197 would then need the newest devkit to build it as well , just as rev202 would?

(i am not sure why but i was thinking that when i project was changed to build with a new devkit that the older revisions still needed the old devkit)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
(i wasn't thinking one revision could be built with either devkit...BUT)

lets see if i understand ...so lets say *neek got updated to build with the newest devkit , then revision 197 would then need the newest devkit to build it as well , just as rev202 would?

(i am not sure why but i was thinking that when i project was changed to build with a new devkit that the older revisions still needed the old devkit)
No, r202 would need devkitARM r33 or above, but r197 would need devkitARM r32 or below.

By the way, you should specify what devkit you are talking about (devkitARM in this case). There are a lot of them.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay , thanks , that clarified it for me. ...seems then, if it was updated, i would need to switch devkitarm for making different revisions of*neek then anyway , so just leaving it compile build with devkitarm r32 would make shit simpler anyway. instead of having to switch just to build an earlier rev of *neek anyway

datrico89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
hello everybody! I´m asking for help because I am stock in the step: Downloading SNEEK, following the guide to setup Sneek in vWii: I can´t access googlecode domain (internet limitations), that´s why I can´t obtain the source that this sentence ( svn checkout http://sneek.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ sneek-read-only ) copies to the directory C:\projects\wii\ .I have all other files installed but I will may not complete the setup without those files in that directory. if someone could help me and compress them and put them in a temp link so I can get those files, to copy them manually to the directory and finish the setup. thanks and I am sorry any mistakes writting in english.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021