Homebrew Using Homebrew Apps, I was able to restore my long lost PKMN Y Save Data that I lost 3 years ago...

Have you had a Game that lost its save data?

• Total voters

UltraArceus3

Living Specimen roaming the Third Dimension
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Back in 2014, I was messing around with some stuff that involved my Pokemon Y Save Data, and then, Because of Nintendo's Anti-SaveGame Restore patches, The Save Data became Unusuable...(And that Save Data contained all of my beloved Pokemon that I brought from Pokemon Black/White, including my First Ever Pokemon. I was stupid enough to not put my most prized Pokemon in the PKMN Bank...) Not knowing what I did, I thought it was impossible to reverse...So, I backed up my SD, in hopes that someday in the future, I'll know how to restore it, and then, I reseted my game...

Now, in 2017, 3 years later, I was able to find the back-up I made on my PC (It took grueling hours to find it because I forgot where I put it), I replaced the 1.sav file in the PKMN Y section of my SD, and I was presented with the same error screen from the Anti-SaveGame Restore Patch. Luckily, JKSM can bypass it. So, I backed up then restored the Data with JKSM, and...I GOT MY SAVE DATA BACK!

Here's a picture of my VERY FIRST Pokemon
:)
top_00061.png

I LOVE IT SO MUCH

Last edited by UltraArceus3,

UltraArceus3

Living Specimen roaming the Third Dimension
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Congrats! Hopefully you can continue to bring them to newer journeys or something when Sun and Moon.

I honestly wish I could say the same with my release date Animal Crossing save file.
With the possibility of US/UM bringing back the "Pokemon Can Follow you" feature, I'll be looking forward to! :P

Also, sorry to hear about your Animal Crossing Save...

Jimbo_Slim

Pun Master/Loser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! I wish my 3 almost 100% complete Final Fantasy VI saves were still here but I pretty much lose everything. Even my Pokemon Platinum save was almost lost .-.

Reactions: THYPLEX

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
I lost 100+ hours of Pokémon y and 30+ hours of animal crossing thanks to one a lady from Nintendo CS removing my nnid from my 3ds xl a few years back, I was trying to put my club Nintendo account onto my 2ds but kept getting an incorrect password error(as it turns out their servers were having problems).
Luckily they were able to restore the nnid onto my 3ds xl but I had to format the system plus sd card before I could use it again, I'm not sure if I made a backup of the sd card before I formatted it.
Fortunately for me I had Pokémon bank at the time so I was able to transfer across the important Pokémon, while I'm still pissed off at the lady who almost lost me my games I didn't loose everything in terms of Pokémon y however did loose my items in animal crossing.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I'm glad you managed to get your save back, i'd be over the moon about that!

I still have my Pokemon saves from the original GameBoy games. Thanks to homebrew i've imported my saves from the GameBoy in to the Virtual Console version and migrated my squads to GEN 7. I can't wait to do the same with Gold and Silver next month. I'm pretty chuffed to have my first Pokemon from 17+ years ago in the latest generation of games :)

Reactions: UltraArceus3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1