Lost cartridge years ago but still have powersave back ups, how would I recover this save into my current 3ds or a new cartridge?? (HELP PLEASE)

Caininthechongs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As stated I lost my cart mid 2015 and I’m getting a 3ds for Xmas which I’m going to hack so I’m just wondering if there is a way I could potentially recover this lost piece of my childhood.

I was going to buy a new cart but I have seen mixed answers on this being possible or not wether it be homebrewing and getting a new cart or one or the other I want to recover this save more than anything.

Ask me any questions regarding this as I really wanna recover all my old Pokémon and send them up to Scarlet and Violet :)

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As stated I lost my cart mid 2015 and I’m getting a 3ds for Xmas which I’m going to hack so I’m just wondering if there is a way I could potentially recover this lost piece of my childhood.

I was going to buy a new cart but I have seen mixed answers on this being possible or not wether it be homebrewing and getting a new cart or one or the other I want to recover this save more than anything.

Ask me any questions regarding this as I really wanna recover all my old Pokémon and send them up to Scarlet and Violet :)
Was your console hacked back then? Did you decrypt the save file and got it saved somewhere? Research on the game shows that the savefile will save to the cart and not the sd. So, unless ya got that decrypted save, as a .sav file will not do since its encrypted. Your kinda outta luck with getting anything back. Unless ya find that cart somewhere.

*Just a note about the powersaves. You can write that to a new cart if ya get one. Thats just your choice as to if ya do or not.

Last edited by lone_wolf323,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Caininthechongs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Console was not hacked, don’t think I decrypted it no but I have access to the backups. No idea where the cart is havent know for years.

I have a powersave and product key and am able to login to see backups

So you’re saying if I get a new cart I can put the save into that one?

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was your console hacked back then? Did you decrypt the save file and got it saved somewhere? Research on the game shows that the savefile will save to the cart and not the sd. So, unless ya got that decrypted save, as a .sav file will not do since its encrypted. Your kinda outta luck with getting anything back. Unless ya find that cart somewhere.

*Just a note about the powersaves. You can write that to a new cart if ya get one. Thats just your choice as to if ya do or not.
He should be able to use his power saves backup just find with any save manager as long as he mods a 3ds

multisofteis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It should. JKSV should be able to decrypt it if it’s not already decrypted
doesn't work. I've seen tutorials saying you should write the save file from the lost cartridge to the new one without opening the game. well checkpoint and jksv don't see the save. When doing the same but injecting a valid save, it will read it without opening.
I'm also very interested in restoring my powersave file from my lost Y cartridge to a new one..

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't work. I've seen tutorials saying you should write the save file from the lost cartridge to the new one without opening the game. well checkpoint and jksv don't see the save. When doing the same but injecting a valid save, it will read it without opening.
I'm also very interested in restoring my powersave file from my lost Y cartridge to a new one..

You need a decrypted save, powersave save in bin format ain't decrypted.

Reactions: Kwyjor

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure Powersaves aren't locked to specific, individual cartridges; lots of people have shared Powersaves before. (It used to be one of the easiest ways to get oot3dhax.) But I'm pretty sure you will need the Powersaves device before you can dump the saves with JKSM or Checkpoint again.

multisofteis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm pretty sure Powersaves aren't locked to specific, individual cartridges; lots of people have shared Powersaves before. (It used to be one of the easiest ways to get oot3dhax.) But I'm pretty sure you will need the Powersaves device before you can dump the saves with JKSM or Checkpoint again.
Pokemon games have a special encryption 6.0 or something like that. We'd need the AES key generation to leak to make a decrypter. OoT doesn't have that high of an encryption like Pokemon or Animal Crossing.
I own the Powersave dongle, a new copy of Y and got my old save file. I have already tried most the the things..

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have already tried most the the things.
It would have been helpful if you had started a new thread explaining exactly what you have tried rather than bumping two threads from several months ago. Now it feels like it's going to be a waste of time suggesting "most of the things" you've already tried. But too late now, i guess.

In theory save3ds can decrypt cartridge saves – presumably raw cartridge saves generated using Godmode9. But I've never actually heard of anyone using save3ds successfully for anything; it is not especially user-friendly. (It certainly won't work with Powersaves data directly.)

I have heard of a decrypter in this thread but the link they're referring to is down.
Literally two seconds of Googling suggests it is available here.
https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/33770-pokemon-gen-vi-save-decrypter/

multisofteis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It would have been helpful if you had started a new thread explaining exactly what you have tried rather than bumping two threads from several months ago. Now it feels like it's going to be a waste of time suggesting "most of the things" you've already tried. But too late now, i guess.

In theory save3ds can decrypt cartridge saves – presumably raw cartridge saves generated using Godmode9. But I've never actually heard of anyone using save3ds successfully for anything; it is not especially user-friendly. (It certainly won't work with Powersaves data directly.)

Literally two seconds of Googling suggests it is available here.
https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/33770-pokemon-gen-vi-save-decrypter/
Yeah it was very late for me I googled after I posted but it won't help since I don't have the keystream. You're right, I'll try and see if I can do anything in save3ds but its worth a shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee